• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wake up to 30 Hours and a confirmed release with additional songs?

rejoice.png

rejoice.png

rejoice.png

30 Hours is low key fire. Playing that in the ride at night will be great.

Doesn't look like an ALBUM cover, atleast a Kanye West Donda type design anyways.

I'm waiting on an even better one.

I mean, of course, anyone should use whatever they want to. I linked that one because as an image it stands so far above everything else I've seen since the album changed to The Life of Pablo (some of the more simple ones that came out when it was called Waves were incredible though).

But it definitely look like an album cover. In fact, it immediately reminded me of the MOTM2 cover, which is another one that I absolutely love.

Anth0ny

"That's why music is so fucking watered down right now. I miss that DMX feeling"

then bring it son. start by re-recording all day with that fire from the live performance.

I don't know if we'll ever get that DMX feeling back. now that we live in an era of social media and snapchat and reality tv shows eyes are on the lifestyle of the rich and famous more than ever.

i used to think dmx recorded a verse then went to go post up with his boys and a bunch of big ass dogs in a gas station parking lot

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
That 2 min version of Fade he played yesterday, was that it? Would be such a waste of a great beat to make it so short.

"That's why music is so fucking watered down right now. I miss that DMX feeling"

then bring it son. start by re-recording all day with that fire from the live performance.

I don't know if we'll ever get that DMX feeling back. now that we live in an era of social media and snapchat and reality tv shows eyes are on the lifestyle of the rich and famous more than ever.

i used to think dmx recorded a verse then went to go post up with his boys and a bunch of big ass dogs in a gas station parking lot

Actually I think he literally did this, a new version of all day played briefly during the aux chord nightmare at the end of the fashion show. Doubt we'll ever get it though

Wabba

That 2 min version of Fade he played yesterday, was that it? Would be such a waste of a great beat to make it so short.

He cut it short to play a song from his homie, expect a longer version. Its the outro of the album so it has to be longer.

Natiko

Banned
So even after adding in a bunch of tracks again, he leaves off Waves, the song he at one point was going to name the album after? Or was the song retitled? Either way I'm pumped, just seems like an odd choice.

Ferny

Both are fantastic, amazing 2 album run he had, he will always be one of my favorites off the strength of these two. His newest album is just..... have no words for how bad it is

Yeah I understand he wants to do what he wants to do, but man, both of those albums turned me to the biggest Cudi fan. I'm still hoping he makes another in that same style.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Expected ETA? Just random or are we going with the iTunes update?

Will he even debut it on iTunes?

FZZ

Banned
yep, knew Rhymefest wasnt fucking with ye still, their underground tracks were real cool :(

Stuff like this sorta bothers me. Kanye has mentioned seeing psychiatrists and taking lexapro and managing his episodes in multiple songs now. He does have help. He's getting it, he's pretty open about it.

Admittedly it's going to be interesting evaluating TLOP if only because of how much personal baggage he'll have in it. Maybe that's why he's been so indecisive in contrast to Yeezus where he seemed to mostly have a laser focused angry vibe.

Kanye needs a time out after this.

http://genius.com/Kanye-west-feel-like-that-lyrics
This is way too heavy coming from him. I'm worried about the guy he really does seem all over the fucking place.

Yeah it really is heartbreaking to see. I really hope he is getting help, or the help he is getting is working well.

What am I reading with those tweets?

Writer who wrote for Kanye in the past.

Kaizer

Banned
Wasnt that an old version?

Yeah, it sounded like a demo 'Ye had on his phone at that moment. You could hear him mumbling some of his lines, although I liked how that version featured those "siren sounds" throughout the beat and not just for the breakdown.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
30hrs is gonna be great playing in the whip late at night.

Please Kanye don't lie and release it later today. I need more, I need to eat.

I'm desperate.

Yeah I understand he wants to do what he wants to do, but man, both of those albums turned me to the biggest Cudi fan. I'm still hoping he makes another in that same style.

From what we heard on this album it's very clear he needs someone like Kanye producing him, when he's in charge doing his own this he's just lost it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom