• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Still playing this rip of FML over and over. How many rappers or artists period have such a diverse amount of work that is of this quality?

Wake up to 30 Hours and a confirmed release with additional songs?

rejoice.png

rejoice.png

rejoice.png

30 Hours is low key fire. Playing that in the ride at night will be great.

30hrs is gonna be great playing in the whip late at night.

Please Kanye don't lie and release it later today. I need more, I need to eat.

I'm desperate.
My Man

Yeah I understand he wants to do what he wants to do, but man, both of those albums turned me to the biggest Cudi fan. I'm still hoping he makes another in that same style.

Yep. I'm honestly not sure why he pulled himself away from Good Music, but the quality of his music dropped significantly. Glad Kanye can pull him out for some good hook work.

Yep...Kanye is a legit crazy person. Love his music, but I pay 0 attention to what he does outside of releases because he has no filter whatsoever.

I know this is a joke post, but I think he seriously is Bipolar and a manic depressive. I think it shows with his tweets and the way he talks and acts and deletes the tweets. His mood swings are crazy. Sometimes he has to the focus of attention and other times he cant be around anyone. Mix that with his self consciousness and it all adds up. I think in some of his newer lyrics he raps about seeing a psychiatrist, being on lexapro, and having writers block. Certain meds can cause that.

Proof:

Me. I have done the above but obviously dont have the stage to be noticed. Ill have a bad day and think my friends hate me so I delete all my contacts then wont add them unless they text me. Its dumb I know, i have done this numerous times in the past and will likely do it again.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Still hard for me to believe this is going to drop today. Even though he said it in his tweet

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I know this is a joke post, but I think he seriously is Bipolar and a manic depressive. I think it shows with his tweets and the way he talks and acts and deletes the tweets. His mood swings are crazy. Sometimes he has to the focus of attention and other times he cant be around anyone. Mix that with his self consciousness and it all adds up. I think in some of his newer lyrics he raps about seeing a psychiatrist, being on lexapro, and having writers block. Certain meds can cause that.

Proof:

Me. I have done the above but obviously dont have the stage to be noticed. Ill have a bad day and think my friends hate me so I delete all my contacts then wont add them unless they text me. Its dumb I know, i have done this numerous times in the past and will likely do it again.
Also as Xander cage pointed out earlier. Look at the lyrics for kanyes song I feel like that.

WHOOP WHOOP WHOOOP

FaintDeftone

Can't wait. Haven't listened to any of the stream rips yet.

How many hours until it's up approximately?

We have no idea yet. We probably won't know until it hits a service.

Been listening to the stream rip all morning and FML is easily my favorite track. So good.

Proof:

Well he's living up the Gemini Zodiac quite well then.

Kaizer

Banned
I haven't kept up with Frank Ocean, what's going on? Why are you guys so shocked to hear him?

His 2nd album was supposed to drop last July along with a magazine he was making, but dude has pretty much vanished from all public existence for about a year & a half now. He might as well be chilling with Tupac in the Bermuda Triangle.

Listened to the livestream rip of the "album". Most likely it will change a bit. However, I liked the more happy vibe and feel from Ultra Beam Lights, Freestyle 4, and Highlights. Granted Chance the Rapper is the best part of the song and the rest is okay. Famous is good after the first minute. Kanye and his douchery act doesn't bother me but it does bore me. Not too mention he has referenced the Taylor Swift incident on every album since, as well as doing that big "apology" performance as the closer for the VMAs with Runaway. If anything Taylor should be wondering if she fucked Kanye because Kanye has been the one still talking about it 7 years later. FML might be my favorite song off the album. Old Kanye was self aware and fun. The new Wolves isn't that good compared to the one released last year. Kanye thinks his verse is a lot smarter than it is. Frank Ocean's outro is nice but Vic Mensa and Sia's parts were great and the best part. Best case scenario the album version will have Vic Mensa and Sia's back on it with Frank Ocean's outro. Kanye verse can either be deleted or trimmed up. Mid way through that verse he is just rambling about Mary and Joseph and Mary in the club.

Altogether, this is a good album and explores a lot of different sounds and topics. However,
it personally bores me. Most of the sounds and topics have been explored to death by Kanye. Since MBDTF, Kanye has always had the same rhetoric. Yeezus explored a new sound for Kanye and I overall enjoyed it. This album in its current state seems more like a retread in terms of topics and themes. His bravado and pretentiousness would be more tolerable if he had something important or interesting to say. Not too mention this album his tons of people all over it from production to features and in most cases, I feel the production or the guest on this album is outshining Ye on the track. I also suspect the marketing and pre-release stuff leading up to this album has burnt a lot of people out on Kanye.

Sometimes I seriously wonder how different his music would be if his mother didn't pass away. I think it could be dramatically different. I think she kept him stable a bit. He obviously loved her much and it took a toll on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom