• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

Telegraph already reviewed the album it seems & gave it a 6/10. Were they given an early copy? If not then they're basing it off of the LQ tracks that weren't even completely played yesterday.

There is much to be admired here, rather less to be enjoyed. The Life Of Pablo is certainly rich in musical scope, chock a block with inspired ideas, encompassing lush melodies and striking beats showcasing West’s skills as a rapper, producer and marshaller of other people’s talents (with appealing cameos from a galaxy of stars including Rihanna and Frank Ocean).

Less persuasively, it is so self-involved it crosses over into self-delusion, marked by such a tangible absence of perspective and objectivity it is as if he has actually lost sight of the elemental basics of his art.Many a great talent before now has been sabotaged by overweening ambition. West set out to make a pop masterpiece and forgot to make pop music.

Catvoca

Banned
Telegraph already reviewed the album it seems & gave it a 6/10. Were they given an early copy? If not then they're basing it off of the LQ tracks that weren't even completely played yesterday.

The album is only being finished today right, no way they got an early copy. Even if they did, they must have got it like yesterday and rushed a review out for today.

j-wood

So uh...they reviewed it based of the deal yesterday, where tracks were cut short and skipped over? OK :jnc

Reporters these days man.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
I'm confused to what the hell is going on.

TLOP is the new album or a mixtape? Its out now? Stores? What the hell is on Tidal(waves)?

I just want to go to Tower Records and buy the album on CD.

Eos

review a livestream version of an unfinished albums brehs
mjlol.png

Yea, im thinking they are basing it on yesterday, which is really stupid and they just want clicks. How can they review the full product when Kanye tweeted he added more songs -_-

FZZ

Banned

Guy who did the review only watched the tidal stream

Not in the theater

Not the album

smfh

riotous

Banned
Yea, im thinking they are basing it on yesterday, which is really stupid and they just want clicks. How can they review the full product when Kanye tweeted he added more songs -_-

I partially agree; Kanye said the album was released though.. and he release it as an LQ stream.

So they correctly reviewed his release lol.

Dabanton

The album is only being finished today right, no way they got an early copy. Even if they did, they must have got it like yesterday and rushed a review out for today.

Not even going to give them a click. They are obviously basing their 'review' on the live stream yesterday.

Kaizer

Banned
I'm confused to what the hell is going on.

TLOP is the new album or a mixtape? Its out now? Stores? What the hell is on Tidal(waves)?

I just want to go to Tower Records and buy the album on CD.

Haha, if you're waiting for a physical release check back here in like two weeks or so. It's been a carnival of crazy just waiting for this thing to drop digitally lmao

SecretDan

A mudslide of fun!
Don't think basing it off the stream is that big a deal.

Fact that he probably only listened to it once, maybe twice is even worse.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
so where the fuck is my free copy i had to pay $35 and suffer through that shit show movie showing that cut off before it was done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom