• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

reKon

Banned
telegraph looking like fools... how can you be that unprofessional? Everyone shits on journalists already and this really doesn't help

I partially agree; Kanye said the album was released though.. and he release it as an LQ stream.

So they correctly reviewed his release lol.

All this is weird, Kanye should just release it! Hopefully by tonight.

On another note, speaking of people who disappeared, wtf happened to XV????

j-wood

They probably are just getting the site ready so that it's good to go as soon as the album is ready for sale. Everyone guessed the password, which I guess they thought wouldn't happen, so they changed it.

Ashhong

He stated a date of yesterday last week; he then had an album release party.

I'm being partially facetious; but let's not pretend this "release" has gone remotely well.

If you want to get technical, he announced a release date for "Swish"

Nobody said the release is going well. But in no way did he "release" the album

Kraftwerk

Let's dispel this notion that The Telegraph don't know what they're doing. They know exactly what they're doing.

lmao

it really is incredible.

Yeah, Im replaying a shitty hq version of it...Yeezus release it already please

giphy.gif

Courage

I don't see anything wrong reviewing the live version. Technically it isn't the full version but he did say he was gonna play the album.

Kyzer

Banned
6 months from now certain members will be talking about how kanye meticulously crafted every genius maneuver during launch and how every track the order of the tracklist was an intentional gesture to be analyzed by fans and critics as statements on society and obvious meaningful tokens of symbolism.

Like, he reworked and reordered and changed the album a hundred times and handed it in for mastering on release day because he knew you wouldn't like track number 11. You weren't supposed to. It was "tongue in cheek". He was pushing the boundaries.

Ashhong

I don't see anything wrong reviewing the live version. Technically it isn't the full version but he did say he was gonna play the album.

Aside from the fact that the actual release is going to have like 7 more songs, we have no idea if he even played the full versions of the songs yesterday. Many of them seemed to cut off abruptly. It's just stupid and unprofessional

Dragnet

6 months from now certain members will be talking about how kanye meticulously crafted every genius maneuver during launch and how every track the order of the tracklist was an intentional gesture to be analyzed by fans and critics as statements on society and obvious meaningful tokens of symbolism.

Like, he reworked and reordered and changed the album a hundred times and handed it in for mastering on release day because he knew you wouldn't like track number 11. You weren't supposed to. It was "tongue in cheek". He was pushing the boundaries.

what is the point of this comment

Yeah, nah. This rollout is gonna go down in history as a complete shambles regardless of the quality of the final product.

Syntsui

People are doing that already, heh.

Kyzer

Banned
what is the point of this comment

Lol just so I can say I called it later. Even if the album is good they definitely rushed release. Something that happened with the last album too and some people still act like he did every little thing on purpose like it wasn't completely reworked from his original vision several times not a week before release.

Yeah, I get if you dont like his music or a fan, but making fun of him over a game he is doing a tribute to his dead mother...smh.

Indeed.

Sad people man. Like, whether the game is good or not is really immaterial; it's something someone made as a tribute to their dead mother. If it's not your thing, just hand wave it off. To patronize the effort, though? That's just...you're a sad person and should feel bad.

I guess you get what you deserve.

careful, I almost cut myself here

PBY

Banned
eh, i feel like its only in shambles to the hardcore. and only because we are following every single tweet and periscope.

Yeezus was almost equally shitshowy

People forget how slapped together the projections of new slaves, the leaks, the rubin stuff all where.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
eh, i feel like its only in shambles to the hardcore. and only because we are following every single tweet and periscope.

yea, bobby america is still goin to classes, calling his mom and going out on dates and doesn't give a fuck about this nonsense. the album will be out tomorrow and he'll look at his facebook feed and go "Oh hey, a new Kanye album!"

all of this in the end means nothing. we'll have a new kanye album tomorrow and no one will be talking about release strategies and this or that because it doesn't mean anything. it's kanye west. people will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom