• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
eh, i feel like its only in shambles to the hardcore. and only because we are following every single tweet and periscope.

Even then not really. I'm having a blast with this. It's not like the album is stuck in negotiation hell or something. It's just a question of HOURS and people are acting like they're losing a loved one every hour it doesn't drop.

People need to get a grip. Go listen to Pimp A Butterfly a few more times.

Yeezus was almost equally shitshowy

People forget how slapped together the projections of new slaves, the leaks, the rubin stuff all where.

yeezus was definitely a shitshow. This time I think its exacerbated by the live performance yesterday and the ridiculous name changes every day.

Fjordson

30 Hours on repeat rn at work

rs_534x300-150819142709-giphy-1.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
30 Hours WOW what a vibe.

Ye is in complete not give a fuck mode. No way dude worked so hard on some of those song sequences (i.e. I Miss The Old Kanye, which is dope as fuck btw, to Wolves) to slap shit like Facts and Fade at the end. I think he just reached the point where he's like I'm just gonna give the people everything.

People help me out, what features/credits am I missing (let's go with what we've heard as opposed to cut verses)?

1. Ultra Light Beams ft. The-Dream, Kelly Price, Kirk Franklin & Chance The Rapper
2. Father Stretch My Hands Pt.1 ft. KiD CuDi
3. Father Stretch My Hands Pt.2 ft. Desiigner
4. Famous ft. Rihanna & Swizz Beatz (Prod. by Hudson Mohawke)
5. Feedback
6. Low Lights
7. High Lights ft. Young Thug & The-Dream
8. Freestyle 4
9. I Miss the Old Kanye
10. FML ft. The Weeknd
11. Real Friends ft. Ty Dolla $ign (Prod. by Kanye West, Frank Dukes, Boi-1da & Havoc)
12. Wolves ft. Frank Ocean (Prod. by Cashmere Cat & Sinjin Hawke)
13. Silver Surfer Intermission
14. 30 Hours
15. No More Parties in LA ft. Kendrick Lamar (Prod. by Madlib & Kanye West)
16. Facts (Charlie Heat Version)
17. Fade ft. Ty Dolla $ign & Post Malone

riotous

Banned
If you want to get technical, he announced a release date for "Swish"

Nobody said the release is going well. But in no way did he "release" the album

I'm not getting technical.

Where can I get SWISH then though, since you want to get technical?

lol

Fjordson

Ye is in complete not give a fuck mode. No way dude worked so hard on some of those song sequences (i.e. I Miss The Old Kanye, which is dope as fuck btw, to Wolves) to slap shit like Facts and Fade at the end. I think he just reached the point where he's like I'm just gonna give the people everything.

People help me out, what features/credits am I missing (let's go with what we've heard as opposed to cut verses)?

1. Ultra Light Beams ft. The-Dream, Kelly Price, Kirk Franklin & Chance The Rapper
5. Feedback
6. Low Lights
8. Freestyle 4
9. I Miss the Old Kanye
10. FML ft. The Weeknd
11. Real Friends ft. Ty Dolla $ign (Prod. by Kanye West, Frank Dukes, Boi-1da & Havoc)
14. 30 Hours
Who's doing the vocals near the end on 30 Hours? Unless it's a sample.

Ashhong

I'm not getting technical.

Where can I get SWISH then though, since you want to get technical?

lol

You are by saying that announced a date and then held a "release party". The album was clearly delayed, so holding the release date he announced as fact is technical.

You can't. Never said you could.

Kaizer

Banned
30 Hours on repeat rn at work

rs_534x300-150819142709-giphy-1.gif

Hah, now I'm imaging her dancing to "Famous" lol

Yeezus was almost equally shitshowy

People forget how slapped together the projections of new slaves, the leaks, the rubin stuff all where.

I remember Rick Rubin talking about the Yeezus sessions & how taken aback he was by how everything was last minute. He really had to learn & adpat to how 'Ye prefers to create his albums nowadays.

In comparison, the MBDTF album cycle sounded fun as hell from that detailed story on Complex a few years ago. They had all the studios booked out in Hawaii for like 6 months just straight working & having a blast - would've killed to be a fly on the wall for those sessions.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

5. Feedback
6. Low Lights
8. Freestyle 4
9. I Miss the Old Kanye
10. FML ft. The Weeknd
14. 30 Hours

lmfao this thing is such a mess

the new version of Facts did sound better (still not album-worthy) but it makes no sense whatsoever to slap it on there in between NMPILA and Fade

overcast

Not sure about the sequencing given he threw NMPIL and Facts on at the end.

I personally hated facts when it dropped, can't see how much better it got.

PBY

Banned
Not sure about the sequencing given he threw NMPIL and Facts on at the end.

I personally hated facts when it dropped, can't see how much better it got.

Facts is gonna be the same - the beat is waaaay tougher though. Still gonna be a throwaway gym banger.

riotous

Banned
You are by saying that announced a date and then held a "release party". The album was clearly delayed, so holding the release date he announced as fact is technical.

You can't. Never said you could.

My point is that they reviewed what Kanye released on the date of his release party, which was the date he stated the album would be released (the whole name change thing is irrelevant, he said the name changed, not that it is a different album with a different release date.)

- Stated album would be released
- Held a release party
- Only thing he released was an LQ stream

He can't whine too much about outlets reviewing what he released.

The review is unprofessional IMO; I said I was being partly facetious. They should have reviewed "TLOP Release Party Stream" and not listed it as an album review. But if Kanye doesn't want peopl reviewing his release party stream, he should probably release the album.

Hopefully they do another review.

Ashhong

My point is that they reviewed what Kanye released on the date of his release party, which was the date he stated the album would be released (the whole name change thing is irrelevant, he said the name changed, not that it is a different album with a different release date.)

- Stated album would be released
- Held a release party
- Only thing he released was an LQ stream

He can't whine too much about outlets reviewing what he released.

The review is unprofessional IMO; I said I was being partly facetious. They should have reviewed "TLOP Release Party Stream" and not listed it as an album review. But if Kanye doesn't want peopl reviewing his release party stream, he should probably release the album.

Hopefully they do another review.

He didn't release shit though, that's the point. Did he even ever officially call it a "release party"? And regardless, the fact is that the "album" they reviewed is incomplete. Pure and simple.

riotous

Banned
He didn't release shit though, that's the point.

That's why I said I was being partly facetious; Kanye SAID it was the release date. What he gave us was a stream; stop being so damn technical. These days albums sometimes are stream only first; the language "release" is still often used.

And I'm unsure of whether it was called a release party; it was described as such by every single news outlet for incredibly obvious reasons (he said it was the release date.)

The marketing e-mail I got from Fandango said "Wave album in it's entirety world premier."

Ashhong

That's why I said I was being partly facetious; Kanye SAID it was the release date. What he gave us was a stream; stop being so damn technical. These days albums sometimes are stream only first; the language "release" is still often used.

And I'm unsure of whether it was called a release party; it was described as such by every single news outlet for incredibly obvious reasons (he said it was the release date.)

The marketing e-mail I got from Fandango said "Wave album in it's entirety world premier."

lmao you started this entire chain by being "technical"

My point is, from the beginning, that they in no way should have released that article as a "review" for the album.

Fedelias

PSY・S;195053015 said:
Listening to Ultra Light Beam again. |OT2| tag needs to be This is a God Dream

Is there a link somewhere to Ultra Light Beam? By far my favourite song I heard yesterday.

riotous

Banned
My point is, from the beginning, that they in no way should have released that article as a "review" for the album.

I said this too.

Other people got that I was partially joking (the lol might have been a clue); which I also outright stated in my first response to you.

They reviewed what Kanye gave us on the date he said his album would be released = my incredibly obvious point.

Yes it's unprofessional because they weren't clear on that = stated that, shouldn't really have had to.

Pointless salty bickering = you.

Never ever for any music CD have I been constantly refreshing a forum thread to see if it's available. Damn. But I am doing that for this one. It's actually sold out already on the site? We'll hear it for sure today.

Ashhong

I said this too.

Other people got that I was partially joking (the lol might have been a clue); which I also outright stated in my first response to you.

They reviewed what Kanye gave us on the date he said his album would be released = my incredibly obvious point.

Yes it's unprofessional because they weren't clear on that = stated that, shouldn't really have had to.

Pointless salty bickering = you.

I got that you were partially joking, and I get your point. But you still said it.

You said you agreed with them reviewing it, and I was refuting that. If you don't want to back up your statements then don't say them.

They reviewed what Kanye played, but they didn't review the album. Which is MY point.

Pointless ignorance = you

ACE 1991

I just want it to drop so I can listen to it while I get my lift on after work. Last time I was this obsessed with an album was when Jenny Death by Death Grips came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom