• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

riotous

Banned
You said you agreed with them reviewing it, and I was refuting that. If you don't want to back up your statements then don't say them.

I said I partiaully agree; it's perfectly fair to review the stream. It's all Kanye has given people, and he hyped it to hell and back. Media attention is what he wants. I backed that up and explained myself pretty thoroughly.

I just want it to drop so I can listen to it while I get my lift on after work. Last time I was this obsessed with an album was when Jenny Death by Death Grips came out.

Oh man word, I'm here refreshing this thread and the Street Fighter thread waiting to hear if it dropped before I head out to lift. I wanna give this album a listen while I do my cardio too.

SystemBug

btw i made something. some of my friends want to use this as an album cover so feel free

IzP6cgg.jpg

Ashhong

I said I partiaully agree; it's perfectly fair to review the stream. It's all Kanye has given people, and he hyped it to hell and back. Media attention is what he wants. I backed that up and explained myself pretty thoroughly.

The point is they didn't review the stream, they reviewed the album. Except they didn't listen to the album.

It's like reviewing a video game off of a goddamn Twitch stream. Or a movie off of a trailer. But hey, if you think that's fair then more power to you.

pablito

Ye is in complete not give a fuck mode. No way dude worked so hard on some of those song sequences (i.e. I Miss The Old Kanye, which is dope as fuck btw, to Wolves) to slap shit like Facts and Fade at the end. I think he just reached the point where he's like I'm just gonna give the people everything.

We ever get a CDQ for All Day?

Courage

The point is they didn't review the stream, they reviewed the album. Except they didn't listen to the album.

It's like reviewing a video game off of a goddamn Twitch stream. Or a movie off of a trailer. But hey, if you think that's fair then more power to you.
That's a shitty comparison. The music analog of what you're saying would be reviewing the album via snippets but that's not what happened. He played the album and he said it himself.

riotous

Banned

Thanks for repeating what I said too?

Terrible examples; Kanye said it was a listening party for the complete album.. that's how it was marketed.

Games are played.

Albums are listend to.

A trailer is not a complete movie.

This thread is full of "reviews" of his album stream; if the outlet made it clear that is what they were reviewing, then why isn't that fair? They didn't, so it's not fair (3rd time I've said this), but why shouldn't they review his event?

Sell tickets to an event. hype it to hell and back... stream it worldwide...

But nobody can review it?

lol

YESSSSSS

NO MORE PARTIES AND FADE

YEEZY WINS

I'm hungry lets feast! Let's also Wolves has Sia and Vics stuff even throw in Frank Oceans outro from the show last night I'm pretty sure someone posted a mix of it and it was dope

Ashhong

Thanks for repeating what I said too?

Terrible examples; Kanye said it was a listening party for the complete album.. that's how it was marketed.

Games are played.

Albums are listend to.

A trailer is not a complete movie.

This thread is full of "reviews" of his album stream; if the outlet made it clear that is what they were reviewing, then why isn't that fair? They didn't, so it's not fair (3rd time I've said this), but why shouldn't they review his event?

Sell tickets to an event. hype it to hell and back... stream it worldwide...

But nobody can review it?

lol

You said it yourself in here. It's not fair. So then how can they leave the review as is? I don't have a problem that they reviewed it, I have a problem that they posted it as a review of the album. They either reviewed the event or they reviewed the album. They can't have it both ways. That's why it's a problem.

And the game analogy was bad. But the trailer stands. Their review is not indicative of the complete album.

edit: If they just changed the article title, or put a note that they only heard the stream, then I would be fine. It's just super annoying that they put out a shitty clickbait title in a rushed review.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Few random thoughts:

- Not sure how I feel about Ye straight up ripping Panda and making it a part of Father Stretch My Hands Pt.2. Made for sense for something like Blood On The Leaves, but this feels weird. Sonically it's A1 but Ye's verse is so emotional.

- Really, really curious what or who is that outro on Father Stretch My Hands Pt.2. Some serious Imogen Heap shit

- Feedback is suuuuuuuuper out of place on this album.

- I Miss the Old Kanye is a Top 5 Kanye song. Every time Ye calls out TCD/LR elitists it's wonderful.

- I maintain that Ye's verse on Wolves wouldn't be as bad if it wasn't so damn loud vs. the beat. The drowned out quality of the song is what gave it so much atmosphere and feeling.

- Can't keep listening to this LQ version of Father Stretch My Hands brehs, this shit must sound so godly in CDQ.

Courage

Feedback seems to mark the point where the album's sound changes from a gospel vibe to a darker, more melancholic one.

Of course that's assuming everything after the intermission is a bonus track.

EDIT: nevermind the updated order messes up that theory.

Kanye threw cohesive sequencing out the window

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
This has been the most confusing album release of all time. I still don't know what tracks are on it, when it is coming out and just found out the real title? yesterday.

riotous

Banned
edit: If they just changed the article title, or put a note that they only heard the stream, then I would be fine. It's just super annoying that they put out a shitty clickbait title in a rushed review.

I totally agree; I'm just don't think it's that big of a deal and I'm not anoyed by it.

Glad we cleared that all up though; sorry if I wasn't more clear in my initial post. Was just kind of fucking around because Kanye hasn't exactly been a consumate professional when it came to this "release" either.

Fry

So confused here. I thought it was going to be called Waves and have 10 tracks.

Now all of that changed and the album is being released today? Are you guys listening to it already?

Jeez Kanye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom