• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catvoca

Banned
this is a dead-on article. some kanye fans need to learn how to separate the art from the artist (which is kind of required for a lot of great output out there tbh).

he has some of the most questionable, often stupid opinions out there.

Yeah, I totally agree, that article raises some good points. At the same time, I hate when people jump to calling him a terrible person or saying he's just an asshole. People need to understand he is a complex person, just like all of us, who can have awful opinions on one thing but still be good in other ways. People tend to talk about him in a very reductionist fashion that really bothers me.

59f1707059.jpg

we've reached meme status bruhs

zXe

Kanye isn't complex, he's just deluded by his own ego and what is worse is many just lap it up and blindly follow anything he says. I guess people just like an icon to follow or something to that effect. I'll admit he's made some cool tunes and interesting musical performances and I can respect him for that, but his weird opinions and fashion, definitely not.

Lkr

Kanye isn't complex, he's just deluded by his own ego and what is worse is many just lap it up and blindly follow anything he says. I guess people just like an icon to follow or something to that effect. I'll admit he's made some cool tunes and interesting musical performances and I can respect him for that, but his weird opinions and fashion, definitely not.
I can't tell if this is serious or not at this point, gaf has done a lot to my brain

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Yeah?

Fevaweva

People don't seem to realise that Kanye isn't the only rapper to go to bat, in some degree, for Bill Cosby. But of course because he is Kanye West, he is the one that gets vilified. Ah well. I hope the album drops and washes the bitter taste of Kanye's shifty opinion and the articles it has birthed away.

Squire

Banned

I think it's telling that in this very thread you don't really see anyone chalking his antics up to anything other than blatant mysoginy at worst, very much questionable at best.

People like the music. I don't even see stans making excuses for the conduct though. Would be great if we could have the former without the latter. I doubt many disagree.

Lkr

Ask the nurse did you do the research
She asked me can you sign some tshirts
Bitch is you smoking reefer

Honestly one of my fav Kanye bits

sephi22

Good to know. I'm assuming the Ye stans on GAF call him out on his fuckery while still appreciating his output. I don't follow Kanye's antics, but I can't help liking the music that I like, and this is the first album of his I'm buying since MBDTF.

Also, a lot of people who idolize Kanye are black, and I'm not, so what seems controversial to me might actually be inspirational or empowering to others, because I don't have the cultural experience or perspective that they have. Don't get me wrong, the Bill Cosby opinion should be panned across the board, but if this album was called The Life of Cosby or some shit, I wouldn't get it. I've got no problem with the Tay Swift stuff.

Kanyes models from yesterday worked 10 hard hours and only got 100 dollars and a subway sandwich.
That shit ain't right, not least when you look at the list of instructions they had to follow for an hour and a half.
SMH, Ye.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Kanyes models from yesterday worked 10 hard hours and only got 100 dollars and a subway sandwich.
That shit ain't right, not least when you look at the list of instructions they had to follow for an hour and a half.
SMH, Ye.

You should probably take it up with Adidas.

PBY

Banned
SMH, Ye.

Not stanning, but I've read conflicting reports about this. That would be shitty though.

FZZ

Banned

Vice article has a TON of valid points but authors bias comes through and shifts the opinion to even be more negative than it naturally is

Also they incorrectly cited his tweets, saying they were sent before the publicist and the publicist responded to him. In reality his tweets didn't come until after the publicist said something and were in fact a response to it.

First article is meme worthy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Rewatching the stream in HD now, damn I never noticed how many of these extras were scripted to cry, like during FML.

Man, some of the comments on the vice article are disgraceful.

Why i keep reading comments on the internet, why???
Don't go to her twitter, she's being attacked pretty bad by either stans or meninists.

Including OG Maco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom