• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

f0rk

Real talk that what did you guys think about his two collaborative projects:

EjusoHs.jpg

H5ew2p8.jpg

Similar to Graduation, neither of these are A tier albums but they both have singles that ran the summer of their respective years.

Anyone who says the first half of Cruel Summer isn't straight fire is kidding themselves

Jay-Hova

Banned
Watch The Throne was okay. It has the redemptive quality of having the greatest Kanye & Jay song ever i.e. Niggas in Paris, and some other decent songs like "Gotta Have It", "Otis", "HAM", and "Who Gon Stop Me" The rest were pretty mediocre.

Slightly lesser, due to having lesser great songs. The only greats on there were Clique, Mercy, Sin City, Cold, and New God Flow. The rest were less than mediocre, so it gets a lower rank in my book.
You don't like Welcome To The Jungle and Murder To Excellence?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Mercy was amazing when it came out though.

Someone should do a TLOP one with Kanye bears overlapping and glitched out looking.

Edit: is the last one supposed to be TLOP? Weird, it has nothing to do with the album at all.
pretty sure gif was made before TLOP was a thing

Owari

Not surprised by the 808s hate even though it's his best album and id bet most of you who say it sucks probably love Drake's crappy music which wouldn't exist without 808s.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Both Cruel Summer and WTT got better as time went on. Id legitimately call WTT a good project now. Cruel Summer was always good, though. So many great songs squeezed into that small package.

Foshy

These album lists are garbage we need everyone's top 5 Pablo's list now

judging off the tidal stream

1. FML
2. Ultra Light Beams
3. Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 2
4. Feed Back
5. Wolves

opinion changes every few minutes though there's no track i don't like

Brakke

Banned
Damnit Ye. First we got thinkpieces about Yeezy Season, then we expecting thinkpieces about the album, but now we're getting thinkpieces about the damn release. Kanye just release it before internet pundit class collapses under the weight of thinking about you.

Enco

FML is such a great tune but the last 30 seconds after the drumbeat are downright awful...

Such a shame. Hopefully this delay means he's fixing it.

You don't like Welcome To The Jungle and Murder To Excellence?

Welcome to the Jungle has a decent beat but nothing else fairly memorable. If I can't remember your song after listening to your record dozens of times, I just assume it wasn't good.

Murder to Excellence, I liked, but it goes on a bit too long and the beat switch into Excellence has this vocal chirp which just annoys me. It might seem really small, but I hate that bit in the song.

Kraftwerk

Mods need to remove the 60 second wait time between each post in this thread. This train needs to go into overdrive.

I want twitch chat spam speed.

Never getting off this train. We dying aboard it.

Kraftwerk

FML is such a great tune but the last 30 seconds after the drumbeat are downright awful...

Such a shame. Hopefully this delay means he's fixing it.

What the fuck
What the fuck
What the fuck

Guys, are we at the crucifixion stage of the Kanye cycle yet. Seems ike we have the first sacrifice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom