• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

FZZ

Banned
I like drunk and hot girls because the production is great

Lyrics are stupid, but they're so ridiculous it's stupid fun

Ashhong

You know, I think WTT has some of the best beats. Great mix of samples and hard beats. Haven't listened in a long time, this shit is fire.

Ashhong

fuuuck Murder To Excellence so good. What the fuck happened to Kanye between WTT and Yeezus? Lyrically speaking, it's on another level compared to Yeezus. It's like he ran out of things to say

sdornan

Not only are Barry Bonds and Drunk and Hot Girls his two worst songs, but they're also back-to-back on the album.

Luckily it's saved by Flashing Lights being next.

Courage

fuuuck Murder To Excellence so good. What the fuck happened to Kanye between WTT and Yeezus? Lyrically speaking, it's on another level compared to Yeezus. It's like he ran out of things to say

Access to ghostwriters probably.

Some Kojima post-MGS3 shit.

Ashhong

Access to ghostwriters probably.

Some Kojima post-MGS3 shit.

He's got the money for great ghostwriters...maybe it's the company he kept. His posse kind of changed around that time

edit: why do some songs on Cruel Summer have a .1 at the end of the title?

breakfuss

barry bonds is so bad its almost hitting good for me. But only ironically, of course. It cracks me up everytime.

Haha man I can't even enjoy that shit ironically. It's just...so bad lmfao. The beat, the hook...I don't know what Ye was on with that one. Laughing about it now.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
shit even Yeezus is on another level lyrically than what we've heard of TLOP

bleached assholes and all

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The ending of workout plan is obscenely good, this old Michael Jackson shit

"That's right put in work, move yo' ass go bezerk, eat your salad no desert, get that man you deserve"

Appreciate that beat

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
what

That verse is wack. Obviously that line is classic, but other than that nah.
Nah.

Bleek could be a hit away his whole career
As long as I'm alive I'm a millionaire.

Jay was flexing on that shit something serious. Plus the transition from Ye's verse is godlike.

Not only are Barry Bonds and Drunk and Hot Girls his two worst songs, but they're also back-to-back on the album.

Luckily it's saved by Flashing Lights being next.

Yeaaaaaaaah. They bring Graduation down real bad. Like, I don't disagree that Graduation is a collection of singles, but they're awesome singles and I'd like the album way more if there wasn't the sudden drop off a cliff in quality of those two songs. Big Brother and Champion aren't great either.

Owari

I really hope he changes the cover.. I didn't like it at first but it grew on me.. But not that I realize it's a rip off it makes sense. If you look at Peter De Potters Instagram he clearly has no artistic talent besides maybe photography. George Condo would do such a better job. What are you doing Ye

Foshy

technically worst is facts imo, but didn't hate on it as it's just a spoof of jumpman and i just saw it as a fun diversion. a bit disappointed that it's ending up on the album now but w/e. maybe a controversial opinion but i never got into so appalled. feels like it goes on forever and is so repetitive and nothing happens.

also asking why all the hate for barry bonds? one of the best on graduation imo, always gives me good vibes and reminds me of a hot summer day for some reason. i respect the opinions, just wondering why it's such a popular pick

robotrock

Banned
He's got the money for great ghostwriters...maybe it's the company he kept. His posse kind of changed around that time

edit: why do some songs on Cruel Summer have a .1 at the end of the title?

Bad rip?

edit: Just checked Amazon tracklist. I guess I have the bad rip.

Damn, Chance on ULB is one of the best guest verses on a Kanye song.

I got a friend who HATES Rick Ross' verse on Devil in a New Dress. Crazy.

Courage

shit even Yeezus is on another level lyrically than what we've heard of TLOP

bleached assholes and all

I can tolerate the 'ignant' lyricism in Yeezus since it suits the vibe and all, but it's pretty jarring in TLOP tbh. Wolves is also ruined by his shitty writing.

zeioIIDX

The ending of workout plan is obscenely good, this old Michael Jackson shit

"That's right put in work, move yo' ass go bezerk, eat your salad no desert, get that man you deserve"

Appreciate that beat

Love that part when the beat switches up. *clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap*

HawkeyeIC

Barry bonds and drunk and hot girls are why I don't understand the Graduation love. Easily the two worst songs he's ever done are back to back in the middle of the album.

Catvoca

Banned
Yeaaaaaaaah. They bring Graduation down real bad. Like, I don't disagree that Graduation is a collection of singles, but they're awesome singles and I'd like the album way more if there wasn't the sudden drop off a cliff in quality of those two songs. Big Brother and Champion aren't great either.

I love Champion, that beat is fantastic and Ye's verses are solid, uplifting stuff.

The first half of Graduation up to Drunk and Hot Girls is flawless.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Love that part when the beat switches up. *clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap*

When the soul clap comes in it goes to another level, honestly cant listen to this without dancing a bit.

Brinbe

Drunk and hot girls is sadly the worst. Waste of Yasiin and Kanye. And I'd say homecoming, just because they ruined the original soulful John Legend Home so much. =(

And lol can never resist list wars breaking out.

Right now
1. TCD
2. LR
3. 808s
4. MBDTF
5. WTT
6. CS
7. Grad
8. Yeezus

truth

Status
Not open for further replies.