• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Thugger could be right unless plans were changed but I was just giving a theory as to why mike dean is being such a fuckboy. The album is already done. We've seen the tweets, seen the screen grabs on the computers etc. it's probably been done since this morning.

Agree. Mike Dean is supreme trolling right now. Shits been done and waiting for Ye to make the drop on SNL

Lucid07

They're playing last call on OVO sound. Got me thinking how people before were rating CD last before. How?

Goddamn the outro for last call GOAT.

Courage

Entitled to your opinion, but that's flat wrong. As others have said, MOTM1&2 are classic, half of Indicud may as well be MOTM3, WZRD has more than a couple bangers, Satellite Flight is an acquired taste but I think it's fucking amazing. SB2H..like two 'okay' songs. That album isn't for us though.

Plus, everything Ye brings him onto is a stunner.

I know people give him props for the distinct self-loathing style he brought to hip-hop but that doesn't inherently make good music. He didn't have proficiency in anything to make his style compelling. His singing sucks, thus making a lot of his albums totally emotionless (some may prefer it this way, I don't), his songwriting is borderline amateur, meaning most of the songs in his prime were purely apathetic whining with no interesting perspectives or lyricism to actually resonate and sadden me in any way. He was mostly carried by decent production, which hasn't aged well.

It doesn't help that he kept getting worse since the first MOTM. He's at the point where he's pathetically dabbling with grunge 20+ years after its relevance. So yeah, 'making music for himself' is fine and all, but that's not really commendable if the music is trash.

On the other hand, Radiohead has managed to make hating yourself look 'cool' while remaining sonically interesting after all these years. Not that they haven't been on a decline since Kid A/Amnesiac, but the difference is still significant. I'm sure a lot of emo music fits the bill as well, but I'm not well-versed on that genre.

Dragun619

Damn, nothing yet, eh.

Get that negativity out of here man. Cudi has it in him to do beautiful shit, he just cares a lot more about delivering whatever he feels the need to work on, which lately has been grungey noise that's mostly trash. Dude loves his fans, but he smart. Works on what he needs to work on for himself before anyone else. Props.

Man, Ive said that shit too for the last his 3 albums. Bruh, WZRD, Indicud, Satilite Flight and now speedin bullet to heaven, is just, Nah. Im not buyin into that thought anymore.

Dude, just cant make good shit anymore Unless that foo works with some real producers and not just himself, a guitar, and bunch of yes men.

If kanye can be the executive producer of a tyga album, cudi needs to hire his ass for his next album.

OVO sound right now
E2MkT.gif

Bacon

Watch Kanye do the old e3 press conference trick at the end of his performance tonight.

"And you can all stream tlop in its entirety.... Right now!"

Aight, I'm going to check out Deadpool and I should be back home in time for SNL. This shit will definitely be out around then.

Getting my L polisher ready.

Please Kanye, I can't focus on studying until this shit drops and my physics exam is Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom