• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

213372bu

Banned
So one of the leaks that was put up on zippy was leaked by Kanye or someone else very close to the project

via 4chan /mu/

hkXfFSZ.jpg

"PERFECT"

Y'know I was just halfway through writing another thought about understanding the disjointed emotions on the album, and then I remember it's called The Life of Pablo, and Pablo Picasso, and he feels like Pablo, and I should probably sleep soon

Eos

full credits via tidal

Ultralight Beam - Ft. Chance The Rapper & Kirk Franklin, prod. by Derek Watkins, Swizz Beats, Mike Dean, Rick Rubin, & Kanye West

Father Stretch My Hands Pt.1 - Ft. Kid Cudi, prod. by Rick Rubin, Kanye West, Metro Boomin, & Mike Dean

Pt. 2 - Ft. Desiigner, prod. by Metro Boomin, Mike Dean, Rick Rubin, & Kanye West

Famous - Ft. Rihanna, prod. by Noah Goldstein, Havoc, Charlie Heat, & Kanye West

Feedback - Prod. by Charlie Heat, Plain Pat, Mike Dean, & Kanye West

Low Lights - Prod. by Kanye West & DJ Dodger Stadium

Highlights - Ft. Young Thug, prod. by Velous, Mike Dean, Southside, & Kanye West

Freestyle 4 - Ft. Desiigner, prod. by Hudson Mohawke, Mike Dean, Noah Goldstein, & Kanye West

I Love Kanye - Prod. by Kanye West (lol)

Waves - Ft. Chris Brown, prod. by Charlie Heat, Anthony Kilhoffer, Kanye West & Hudson Mohawke

FML - Ft. The Weeknd, prod. by Kanye West, Mitus, Noah Goldstein, & Metro Boomin

Real Friends - Ft. Ty Dolla $ign, prod. by Boi-1da, Havoc, Frank Dukes, & Kanye West

Wolves - Ft. Frank Ocean & Caroline Shaw, prod. by Sinjin Hawke, Mike Dean, Cashmere Cat, Caroline Shaw, & Kanye West

Silver Surfer Intermission - Prod. by Kanye West

30 Hours - Prod. by Karriem Riggins, Mike Dean, & Kanye West

No More Parties in L.A. - Ft. Kendrick Lamar, prod. by Madlib & Kanye West

Facts (Charlie Heat Version) - Prod. by Southside, Metro Boomin, & Kanye West

Fade - Ft. Post Malone & Ty Dolla $ign, prod. by Anthony Kilhoffer, Kanye West, Charlie Handsome, Vojtesak, & Mike Dean

sephi22

Y'know I was just halfway through writing another thought about understanding the disjointed emotions on the album, and then I remember it's called The Life of Pablo, and Pablo Picasso, and he feels like Pablo, and I should probably sleep soon
Don't forget Paul the Apostle - the Pablo in the album's title

Dali

Just finished a play through and I'm not really feeling this. Too much r&b, not enough rapping. When he does rap,too often it's a garbage verse where he says some stupid ass gibberish then repeats it over and over again maybe changing one word to make it sound clever.

Some songs like 30 hours are short on singing r&b bullshit and verse heavy but after this one listen I'm left with the initial impression that those songs are few and far in between.

Listened twice so far.

Waves --> FML --> Real Friends --> Wolves is definitely my favorite stretch on here. Love the style of production throughout that section.

The album as a whole though.....huh. It's solid, but after the stream I really thought I was going to like this more than I do.

-Ultralight Beam is a bit too gospel for my tastes so it honestly leaves me antsy and looking at the skip button.
-Father Stretch My Hands is aight.
-Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 2 is where the album finally steps on the gas. Fauxture leaves me just wanting the real Future on this, but he doesn't hurt the track or anything. Plus that Imogen Heap vocoder effect at the end is so good.
-Famous is pretty great. Like a Graduation track filtered through MBDTF's darker tone and over the top arrogance. Swizz Beatz is an unfortunate addition here, but whatever.
-Feedback is pretty solid. Good to see the Yeezus sound is still alive and kicking.
-Low Lights is cool. Pacing, I guess.
-Highlights is too "glossy Graduation". Waste of Young Thug.
-Freestyle 4 is a waste of an amazing beat.
-I Love Kanye meh
-Waves = dopeness
-FML = dopeness. That sample drop at the end is the best thing on the entire album aside from Fade.
-Real Friends = dopeness. Again, darker Graduation.
-Wolves. Luckily for me I didn't listen to the old version enough to remember it so I don't know how much worse this is. Still like the track a lot. Kanye's verses (particularly the corny repetition) on here detracts from the atmosphere quite a bit though.
-Silver Surfer Intermission is whatever. Nice to see Kanye reaching out to the wavy one, but it doesn't do much to the project one way or another.
-30 Hours is disappointing. Generally not a fan of meandering "end credits" songs with a lot of talking, especially when it's laid over a good beat. Kanye's right, this IS the type of track you ride out to, but everything after the 2nd verse kinda kills the vibe.
-No More Parties In LA is the definition of a #YawnSkip. Didn't like it from day 1, was happy when the tracklist was leaked without it. Why is this back :(
-Facts is a banger but Kanye's verses are so annoying. Conflicted.
-Fade is amazing, should be 3 minutes longer, and shouldn't be dumped down here with the pleb tracks.

S'aight/10. Doesn't have the dropkick to the face appeal that Yeezus does (nor anything touching the g.o.a.t. Kanye track, Hold My Liquor) and doesn't have the hits MBDTF does. Might have more songs I like on here than 808s and Graduation though. Too early for any concrete ranking

sephi22

Man FML is 100% the best song in this album. If this is not a unanimous opinion yet, it will be in a few years because this song will age well. I can see this song having crossover appeal and being used in some TV/movie score

FZZ

Banned
Yeah I'm gonna go to bed too

Hoping to wake up to the codes for the album

Night GAF enjoy your feast, it has been a long ass ride

FML is the main stand out for me.

I like what he was trying to do with fade.

Probably needs more listens but after initial play through, I still feel like Yeezus had a bigger impact on me with Im in it, blood on the leaves, and hold my liquor.

Listened twice so far.

Waves --> FML --> Real Friends --> Wolves is definitely my favorite stretch on here. Love the style of production throughout that section.

The album as a whole though.....huh. It's solid, but after the stream I really thought I was going to like this more than I do.

-Ultralight Beam is a bit too gospel for my tastes so it honestly leaves me antsy and looking at the skip button.
-Father Stretch My Hands is aight.
-Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 2 is where the album finally steps on the gas. Fauxture leaves me just wanting the real Future on this, but he doesn't hurt the track or anything. Plus that Imogen Heap vocoder effect at the end is so good.
-Famous is pretty great. Like a Graduation track filtered through MBDTF's darker tone and over the top arrogance. Swizz Beatz is an unfortunate addition here, but whatever.
-Feedback is pretty solid. Good to see the Yeezus sound is still alive and kicking.
-Low Lights is cool. Pacing, I guess.
-Highlights is too "glossy Graduation". Waste of Young Thug.
-Freestyle 4 is a waste of an amazing beat.
-I Love Kanye meh
-Waves = dopeness
-FML = dopeness. That sample drop at the end is the best thing on the entire album aside from Fade.
-Real Friends = dopeness. Again, darker Graduation.
-Wolves. Luckily for me I didn't listen to the old version enough to remember it so I don't know how much worse this is. Still like the track a lot. Kanye's verses (particularly the corny repetition) on here detracts from the atmosphere quite a bit though.
-Silver Surfer Intermission is whatever. Nice to see Kanye reaching out to the wavy one, but it doesn't add much to the project one way or another.
-30 Hours is disappointing. Generally not a fan of meandering "end credits" songs with a lot of talking, especially when it's laid over a good beat. Kanye's right, this IS the type of track you ride out to, but everything after the 2nd verse kinda kills the vibe.
-No More Parties In LA is the definition of a #YawnSkip. Didn't like it from day 1, was happy when the tracklist was leaked without it. Why is this back :(
-Facts is a banger but Kanye's verses are so annoying. Conflicted.
-Fade is amazing, should be 3 minutes longer, and shouldn't be dumped down here with the pleb tracks.

S'aight/10. Doesn't have the dropkick to the face appeal that Yeezus does (nor anything touching the g.o.a.t. Kanye track, Hold My Liquor) and doesn't have the hits MBDTF does. Might have more songs I like on here than 808s and Graduation though. Too early for any concrete ranking

it's better than graduation and << mbdtf, yeezus and 808s.

but man fml is up there with hold my liquor for me. that outro is incredible. waves -> wolves is such a good stretch. dude definitely kind of wasted young thug on here. that guy has such good melodic flows. throw him on father stretch pt. 2 instead. agreed on 30 hours and no more parties too. they just make me thinking about skipping it after a minute in.

So I finally turned off my laptop, did my bedtime shit, and got into bed. I wanted to listen to ULB one last time.

I'm halfway through the album. Damn it Ye.

Dre3001

This album is easily top 3 Kanye for me after 3 back to back to back playthroughs.

Its like a combination of 808s, College Dropout, and MBDTF in one.

I avoided all the leaked Good Friday tracks and the MSG stream so this was my first time hearing it and just unbelievable.

Kanye did it again.

but man fml is up there with hold my liquor for me. that outro is incredible. waves -> wolves is such a good stretch.

I thought I would feel the same after the stream but it didn't hit me as hard on here for whatever reason. Still a really great track, and absolutely top 3 on the album, if not the best.

nib95

Banned
This album is easily top 3 Kanye for me after 3 back to back to back playthroughs.

Kanye did it again.

My thoughts exactly, also after 3 back to backs. I'm so glad he added the extra tracks. It already doesn't feel that long. 10 tracks would have been criminally short.

reKon

Banned

I avoided all the leaked Good Friday tracks and the MSG stream so this was my first time hearing it and just unbelievable.

Kanye did it again.

How were you able to do this? your starving ass these past few days lol

Aight. So after listening to this completely, this is one of my favorite Ye albums. Definitely top 3. There's isn't a single track on this that I dislike. Not a one. It's amazing, in my opinion.

I'm not sure I can even do a proper favorite list because it would legit consist of damn near every track. ULB would be at the top of said list, though.

Edit: ^ As of now, yep, unfortunately.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Damn I really like feedback too and high lights and famous and ULB and waves and definitely fml and so on and so forth. This is a really solid piece of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom