• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jzero

Doesn't Post only have like two of his own songs? Dude got popular fast.

Yeezus was better......

giphy.gif

I wish he got Busta Rhymes to go nuts on Freestyle 4. There's a monster neck breaking track waiting to happen and they don't do it justice. At least Pusha T or something.

Eos

Doesn't Post only have like two of his own songs? Dude got popular fast.
2 big hits but yeah they blew up quick, especially white iverson
Kanye met him through Kendall (or Kylie) after he performed at her party. kanye liked his music so they went straight to the studio after lol

Phillip E.

Neo Member
My initial impression is that the album lacks cohesion. Out of all of the songs, Ultralight Beam is the most confident and genuinely hopeful.

Probably my least favorite album of them all, but I still love it.

One thing that really bugs me is that No Parties in LA would be so much better without the obstruction. All of the other albums are tight, but this one is broad like a compilation.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just got up to check on Defjam preorder download. They still haven't set a code so I can download the album that I preordered.

This is unacceptable.

Das Ace

Remember when paul whatever was supposed to be on the album? Whos that guy anyway.
i'd love to know what stages this album went through. Especially whatever form it was in this time last year with All Day / Only One. 3 years to a follow up to Yeezus is a longgg time for a project to evolve.

Kaizer

Banned
Listened through the album about 3 times now. Loving everything on here for the most part. Not ready to rank it amongst his other albums yet, but I REALLY love it.

At the same time I feel like the reasons I love it, are also why I think critics could look down on it - it's more of a mishmash of all of 'Ye's previous works rather than a bold new direction for him. For me, that's cool, I feel like Kanye is at the point is his life where he's in celebration mode anyway, he's got the wife he wants, has a family and has finally started to pursue his fashion dreams.

In a way, putting Chance on Ultra Light Beams as the opener almost felt like a symbolic passing of the torch. I'm not saying 'Ye is done after this (I hope not! lol) but moreso that he's saying "hey this is a celebration of my dream, here's another new young soul who's going to carry that energy for the new generation".

Just some random thoughts so far, have to let it sit with me more.

i'm trying to download it off kanyewest.com because that's what facebook news said and there's some weird ass looped message

kanye pls gibe album

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm hoping they aren't holding up preorders for a week due to some tidal bs. Radio silence from Defjam and the lack of purchasing options from kanyewest.com is not a good sign.

nib95

Banned
I'm hoping they aren't holding up preorders for a week due to some tidal bs.

I reckon it will be something like that. There'll probably be a leaked version that gets passed around illegally with more downloads as a result. Seriously Kanye, not worth Jay-Z's money or annoying the fans. Just release it properly already.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I reckon it will be something like that. There'll probably be a leaked version that gets passed around illegally with more downloads as a result. Seriously Kanye, not worth Jay-Z's money or annoying the fans. Just release it properly already.
Contracts bro.
iTunes on March 12 though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom