• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragun619

1st listen, and yo, This is hella dope. Already got some tracks lined up in my replay playlist.

Shit, Bout to take another listen thru it, but damn, I should sleep. lol

sephi22

It's a streaming service. You can't actually buy the album to digitally download.
Huh? What is this for - tidal.com/us/store/album/57273408
I have a 2 month trial for Tidal on which I'm listening to TLOP. But afaik the album is actually available for purchase on tidal exclusively for a week. What I want to know is why is buying from Tidal a bad idea? Do they have a history of fuckery?

Or am I completely wrong on this?

Ibuki

Banned
I have a 2 month trial for Tidal on which I'm listening to TLOP. But afaik the album is actually available for purchase on tidal exclusively for a week. What I want to know is why is buying from Tidal a bad idea? Do they have a history of fuckery?

The listing is there but you can't purchase it yet, says not available. It will probably go up sometime later today

nib95

Banned

It's just advertising the costs for the streaming options (MP3 or FLAC). The actual album/songs aren't available to purchase separately. *One or more tracks are not available for purchase, and every track has a star by it.

one final thought on wolves and i'm out.

really miss vic mensa and especially sia on this, and kanye's verse kinda sucks. but that part mid-way through the verse (unfollow..swallow) when the drums cut and then the sample is pitched higher...so fucking good. almost makes up for everything else it's missing. and it's nice to hear frank ocean close out the album (officially)

least favorite? whaaaaaaa

half of Graduation says hi

It's over produced, the forever ever shit kills it too. I dig the message, good rhymes and shit, just too much production.

Pablo is basically what late registration would have been if it were made 10 years later. As raw as he wanted to make yeezus feel, it was way too tight and calculated to have a loose feel. Pablo is pretty loose, it's a jam album for sure, just grooves after grooves, definitely influenced by the current sound but it's got it's identity. I don't know how to explain it, but it's great, front to back, good album, sitting on 5 spins back to back, digging it more every time.

Where's my vinyl+MP3 bundle?

Gonna have to bump it again but nothing is sticking out to me after the first listen. Didn't listen to anything outside of Real Friends so this is all new to me. I like Feedback

I think Fade should have opened the album and Ultralight Beam could have been the closer. Idk I think it would have sounded better that way.

Disagree, ULB is a real good set up in terms of the album as a whole, woulda been hard to choose another. I like the bangers to open, but ULB sets it up pretty damn good

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
As a pretty big Kanye fan I can definitely say I'm dissapointed they are clearly intentionally limiting release to force people to sign up on tidal. I'm actually completely fine with streaming exclusivity. I'm not fine with holding the money of people who preordered directly from the record company. At least inform the customers. You already have their money so it would be reasonable to explain the delay no matter what the reasoning.

Defjam has ignored the many people on Twitter asking about their preorder albums. On top of that, many articles claim you can buy it from kanyewest.com. Even Kim claimed it was going to be up and working. Then more recently she said she signed up for tidal.com. I know jay probably set Yeezy up with a lucrative exclusivity deal. Fine. Defjam needs to tell us how long they are going to hold our money. Not a good look.

👎🏾

I'll be missing out but tidal won't be getting my information.

nib95

Banned
Disagree, ULB is a real good set up in terms of the album as a whole, woulda been hard to choose another. I like the bangers to open, but ULB sets it up pretty damn good

Agreed. I prefer it the way he's done it. You end with a head bopping positive energiser that preps you for another listen. ULB is more euphoric and sets the tone of for the rest of the album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom