• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MercuryLS

Banned
Man i would actually pay for the album even though i payed for it already if I could get a digital download. Def jam doesn't seem to care about honoring preorders in a timely fashion.

I don't even have that option. Most of y'all are too busy eating to care.

This is such a stupid release for an album, honestly. I'm a Ye, Stan, not even going to lie. If this was any other artist I would just be like fuck them, not listening to their shit anymore.

ItIsOkBro

Wait the album is $20 USD and $20 CAD on that link? Because I see $20 CAD so I figured others would see $15 USD.

That doesn't seem legit.

MoodyFog

Man i would actually pay for the album even though i payed for it already if I could get a digital download. Def jam doesn't seem to care about honoring preorders in a timely fashion.

I don't even have that option. Most of y'all are too busy eating to care.

Just download it man, it's not that serious.

Catvoca

Banned
Even though his lyrics are pretty terrible in parts of TLOP, for some reason it isn't bothering me nearly as much as it did with Yeezus. Maybe when I've listened to it more times it will but idk.

$20???? So is it going to be $10 once it's available elsewhere because there are two different Tidal sites. Camel can't keep getting away with this.

bbd23

how the fuck did you guys hype father stretch my hands and ULB?

first 3 tracks are complete trash and album doesn't start until famous

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

ULB is trash?

It wasn't even trash at the live stream.

Tidal must have messed with your head.

Catvoca

Banned
Highlights into Freestyle 4 is the low point of the album for me. Freestyle 4 in particular is terrible to me. It goes into I Love Kanye and then Waves at least.

child please
mjlol.png

Brinbe

Alright, I woke up and gave it another listen. Hoped to give it a real opinion without the euphoria of the post release adrenaline/excitement influencing things this time.

- ULB is a great intro. Very positive and sets a good tone for the rest of the album.
- Pt. 1 is okay and sets things up for what's to come in Pt. 2
- Pt. 2 fucking goes. And Kanye actually goes deep in the shit he talks about with his father.
- Famous, aside from that Tay line is amazing. That Bam Bam sample IS my fave part of this album
- What they say about Ye having a diverse fanbase/something for everyone is so true because I read others saying how much they love Feedback and here I am thinking it's garbage. It's a skip, personally and it keeps this from being a perfect album.
- Low Light isn't anything but is appropriate for that gospel theme I suppose
- Highlights bowls you over by building into something incredible by the end.
- Freestyle 4 needed someone else wilding all over it.
- I love Kanye is adorable.
- AHH OMG WAAAVES! Easily my fave song on TLOP. Thank God that Chance saved this.
- FML is absolutely incredible. Probably one of Ye's best songs ever, period.
- Real Friends speaks on real grown-up shit, but it's a snoozer.
- Wolves is beautiful. Verse sucked and he dropped Vic/Sia because Ye's unnecessary with them included. Frank closing things out is nice and this probably should be an album closer.
- Silver Surfer kinda confirms that this should have been named Waves.
- Opinions on 30 hours probably depend on your mood. Cruising music to some, snoozer to others.
- NMPILA is fire. Closest thing to the old Ye. Kendrick/Kanye making amazing music.
- It's incredible that they turned Facts into something half-decent
- FADE OH MY GAWD. Impeccable. Pair this with Waves/FML and those are the top 3 of TLOP.

Keepers
Waves
Fade
FML
Pt. 2
Famous

Good Shit
NMPILA
ULB
Wolves
ILK

It's okay
Highlights
Facts
Freestyle 4

Zzzzzz

Feedback
Real Friends
30 hours

I don't think this is his best work ever or on par with LR/808s/MBDTF/CD which had a more focused/cohesive and consistent sound to them. This album has great highs with Waves/Fade/FML but doesn't keep that up throughout. That's probably because he IS trying to give something to everyone. So everyone will have their faves and shit they don't like. It's an odd album, and probably on Yeezus/Grad's level but not a classic. Just my opinion.

KAL2006

Banned
Da fuck this isn't on Spotify and on some other streaming shit. Looks like pirating music is the easiest route. No wonder people rather pirate music instead of all this exclusive bullshit.

VeeP

About to go in for Round 2. Favorite albums: MBDTF, LR, then a mix up between 808s/Grad/CD - they all fall in the same tier for different reasons, Yeezus was meh to me besides the fantastic Blood on the Leaves.

I just want to say ULB is a F---in Fantastic intro, seriously. Almost gives off MBDTF, that chance verse, that chorus, song is just amazing.

breakfuss

This platform exclusivity thing sucks. I can understand withholding bonus tracks or additional content but the entire album? Not a good look. I'd love to see what effect it has on subscriber numbers.

Rhaegar

Accelerated GAF cycle on this one. After sleeping on it and about 4 runs through, I still think this album is amazing. Every time I skip to a track I absolutely have to listen to, 3 more get added to the queue.

Fevaweva

Cohesion is sort-of overrated. I can kind of see where people are coming from but sometimes I like it when albums go different places from song to song. Just look at Stankonia or Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness. They have variety coming out the ass and no one can say that they are bad albums.

Reminds me of this Fraiser clip.

SgtCobra

This platform exclusivity thing sucks. I can understand withholding bonus tracks or additional content but the entire album? Not a good look. I'd love to see what affect it has on subscriber numbers.
Drake and Future have been doing this shit for a while with the iTunes Store, now I know how single console owners feel haha

Izuna

Banned
Accelerated GAF cycle on this one. After sleeping on it and about 4 runs through, I still think this album is amazing. Every time I skip to a track I absolutely have to listen to, 3 more get added to the queue.

But all the good songs are so short.
I'm repeating Feedback like 3 times to get the itch gone.

--

So off-topic, that song I made a while back has been heard by my Red Tuesday ex. Kanye driving us crazy waiting for the album just saved a relationship. I believe in Yeezus.

GAF, we need to make an album

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
fade ham
freestyle 4(intro) ham
aside from the good Friday tracks everything else is meh.
Overall it's my least favorite kanye album.

That being said I think this gonna be hype when the touring takes place.
Almost see this album as a soundtrack to a musical.

Koozek

Second listen, still iffy.

Swizz was unnecessary on Famous. Hudson Mohawke should have kept Waves on his scrapheap. The bass on Freestyle 4 is mixed way too loud compared to the other tracks. Wolves verse is wack. 30 Hours is wasted after the first half.

I really don't know anymore if his decision to use Autotune in a wrong key is deliberately dada or just incompetence. So distracting on FSMH Pt. 1. Destroyed Blood On the Leaves, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom