• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Kanye was playing the long game this entire time when he married Kim. Probably had all these crazy ideas running through his head and knew he wouldn't have the cash to support it all.

I see you Kanye, you crazy son of a bitch.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Waves, FML, Real Friends, and Wolves is the absolute best 4 song block ever.

and it's likey only going to get better when Wolves is 'fixed'

Kanye was playing the long game this entire time when he married Kim. Probably had all these crazy ideas running through his head and knew he would have the cash to support it all.

I see you Kanye, you crazy son of a bitch.
I was thinking the same thing the other night.. he got the hottest family wearing his clothing line.. range of audience is EVERYBODY. They are unavoidable.. Girls that idolize them forced into the Kanyeness. Its Crazy he really not that far off saying they the new Jacksons because who else even close? lol even MJ kids aint the Jacksons.

DietRob

Lawd.. if 'tidal funding scripted content' means we get another 30+ minute video for Ultra Light Beams like we got for Runaway..

SO FUCKING IN

Kinda surprised Yeezus is so well regarded here... I didn't think it was bad but a dissapointment from Fantasy.

Just listened to College Dropout again on vinyl. Shit is still lit.

I don't think I can rank albums. I just feel like it's whatever mood your in, or whatever your headspace is in. I was basically transported back to 8th grade while listening to CD. There's just memories attached to these albums.

jZ8EIYh.png

Bless us Yeezus.

I love this man

DietRob

I don't think I can rank albums. I just feel like it's whatever mood your in, or whatever your headspace is in. I was basically transported back to 8th grade while listening to CD. There's just memories attached to these albums.

This is why I never have and never will participate in the "Kanye Cycle" got 7 albums that I can vibe to no matter what my mood is.

Moonkid

This is how I felt at first. After a couple listens I feel that the album order kind of works? I don't know how to explain how it does though, so maybe I'm crazy. Shit's definitely grown on me quickly though.
Yup, growing on me a little bit too.

Red_Man

What other artist in any genre has 7 consecutive albums that can are considered great to masterpiece that also vary in range as much as Kanye's does?

As much as people hate the guy, he is one of a kind and it always shows in his work.

MercuryLS

Banned
This is why I never have and never will participate in the "Kanye Cycle" got 7 albums that I can vibe to no matter what my mood is.

I've got all of his albums on my phone and I can shuffle through his music and rarely skip a track. There's no other artist that I like where I can do that with like 60-70 tracks.

Every one of his albums are unique and great in their own way. What I love about Kanye is that he always surprises and delights with every release. You never know what to expect, except something interesting and fresh.

Zekes!

What other artist in any genre has 7 consecutive albums that can are considered great to masterpiece that also vary in range as much as Kanye's does?

As much as people hate the guy, he is one of a kind and it always shows in his work.

Yeah it's crazy when you stop to actually think about it.

Despite the divisiveness of his projects, I think it is almost impossible to find an artist who has survived this long in the rap game let alone the music business that has actively voiced out against a sitting president, offended America's sweetheart, says crazy shit all the time, married into one of the most hated families in America, and still makes music on a completely different level than his peers, actively ventures out into art forms he has no experience with just to fucking do it, and has fans that would do ridiculous shit for him.

With 7 back-to-back critically praised and varied albums, the man has made his contribution to music history. He's a fucking GOAT.

sdornan

I'm hoping Kendrick gets there one day.

Famous
Feedback
FML
Waves
Freddie Gibbs Version of No More Parties In LA
Fade instrumental

The rest I can do without listening to again. ULB is very one and done for me. Real Friends and 30 Hours are such easy layups that I can't bear to hear Kanye repeatedly not deliver. The sloppy lyrics are a bone I can't help but pick

I give it an Edge 6/10

FZZ

Banned

No one

This thread has 700k+ views and is on track to be the first album OT to get two OTs. Mind you this is a fucking gaming forum.

Kanye is gonna be remembered no matter what the fuck anyone else says.

The best discography by a rap artists. And one of the best all time.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I don't think he can win 100 Grammys...but I think he can easily get nominated. He does need to be on a few pop tracks every couple years though, otherwise I feel like he won't get nominated for too many more.

Zia

This album overall has this weird melancholy-hope feeling to it, if that makes any sense.

Yeah, it feels like a horribly depressed person trying (and failing) to make an uplifting album. If it ended on Wolves it'd read like a suicide note.

Yeah, it feels like a horribly depressed person trying (and failing) to make an uplifting album. If it ended on Wolves it'd read like a suicide note.
It feels more like an album from someone who has reached their lowest point but is getting better and in a better place now than they were before.

Izuna

Banned
BTW that part you like so much in Famous: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXnT3LFTc-s

Not sure where I have heard this before, but I've heard it as a child. Maybe at someone's house. I've been meaning to find it since it came up in The Interview. Anyway, the original is great.

EDIT:

I can listen to this start to finish, but I keep ending up repeating Feedback like x3 before moving on. Fuuuuuuuck

Kid Ska

so is anyone else considering everything after wolves as bonus tracks? kind of like the flow of the album better with that mindset

Draper

Good, so it's not just me. Was kinda thinking I was projecting.

Feels like a man who's lost and hopeless, but still persevering.

Hang in there Ye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom