• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
Kanye got swindled heavily apparently when he got into the fashion game. He was getting charged like $250k for consulting sessions with designers that lasted a week with test products the outcome. He's apparently had a lot of those.

I feel like if Kanye takes up a PPE degree his life will vastly improve as he won't be screwing himself over so much.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Kanye got swindled heavily apparently when he got into the fashion game. He was getting charged like $250k for consulting sessions with designers that lasted a week with test products the outcome. He's apparently had a lot of those.
Wouldn't be surprised by this, he always refers to how much resistance he had getting into fashion and you know all those people would be looking to prey on his lack of awareness.

kanye needs to go to south africa for a bit and chill

and don't lose your passport either. no more parties in sa, no more parties in sa

kneePat

CbO7GT8W0AAa-Op.jpg:large

wut?

Jay-Hova

Banned
I don't see how anyone can laugh at this.
He's clearly a creative person, made video games and started producing by making beats for the video games, started writing poetry at 5, went to art school (he draws/paints to, there's a video out there), had a passion for fashion, felt frustrated that people only took him seriously as a producer but fought to break through rapping, and he clearly feels as though he's still being boxed in till this day with his other creative ventures and his ego can't let him see that he's not capable of it all.
His passion is a double edged sword.
Of course this is just my take and i'm not without faults, maybe you dont even consider this a fault, I wish I had half of the passion and drive Kanye has.

robotrock

Banned
Pitchfork said:
"Highlights" has him feeling hotly protective of his children, but on the same song, he sneers openly at Bridget Phetasy, one of the dozens of women who has gone on record as being sexually assaulted by Bill Cosby.

ugh

the dream is dead...

Rembrandt

Banned

That's fucked up considering how much he's done for a lot of fashion designers. He puts niggas on brands. The moment he started rocking those Givenchy Rottweiler tees, every rapper had one. He honestly gives high fashion a bigger spotlight outside of their circle. Luckily a few people recognize that. Tisci, old dude from Balmain, Anna Wintour, old dude from A.P.C. They know this nigga deserves his props.

Cool. I've been curious to see what he was gonna do with Donda. They make amazing album covers. With his aspirations to be the next Steve Jobs, I'm not surprised he wants them to branch out into more stuff. I wonder if they're the ones designing the game. He has access to lots of talented people.

I don't see how anyone can laugh at this.
He's clearly a creative person, made video games and started producing by making beats for the video games, started writing poetry at 5, went to art school (he draws/paints to, there's a video out there), had a passion for fashion, felt frustrated that people only took him seriously as a producer but fought to break through rapping, and he clearly feels as though he's still being boxed in till this day with his other creative ventures and his ego can't let him see that he's not capable of it all.
His passion is a double edged sword.
Of course this is just my take and i'm not without faults, maybe you dont even consider this a fault, I wish I had half of the passion and drive Kanye has.

It's the best thing about Kanye. He's inspirational. Doesn't help that he's either really good or success at what he does. Nike has to be shitty they fucked up that relationship. Adidas is smart enough to give him a real shot and recognize it may take some time to keep this going, but it'll end up paying off.

If he can actually get to the point where they can mass produce his clothes and lower the price, his line is going to be huge.

SecretDan

A mudslide of fun!
Y'all act like people don't post shit like this on Twitter all day or that this is the first time Kanye has posted like this. He's been posting on Twitter like this since he got one.

Claiming to be 53m in debt and begging for help from Mark Zuckerberg and Larry Page is new.

Rembrandt

Banned
Claiming to be 53m in debt and begging for help from Mark Zuckerberg and Larry Page is new.

Very true. His old tweets were a lot funnier

Not gonna lie, I really like these tweets, though. If one of them actually does decide to do something with him, a lot of potential can come from it.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
He's done as much in interviews and speeches. Asking figureheads to help him in his ventures. He's also already spoken on taking on debt for his fashion in interviews as well. Really, this isn't new for him, just a different platform, a direct one. That's what Twitter is for isn't it? I think people are just used to the PR curated twitters of most celebs. This is Kanye though, there really shouldn't be any surprises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom