• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you invest in Kanye?

No reason for Zuckerberg or any of those guys too.

Like, what exactly is he creating? Dyeing some goodwill clothes tan and writing lines like "Now if I fuck this model/And she just bleached her asshole/And I get bleach on my T-shirt/I'mma feel like an asshole."

I wouldn't write Kanye a blank check for him to utilize on that massive chart, no. But I might listen to his ideas on some very specific things to see if it's worthwhile.

Glancing at his list.. he might have some interesting thoughts on Films, Stage Design, Laptop and Mobile Apps, Spas, Restaurants, Hotels, and Salons. Shoot he might even have interesting aesthetic ideas in Cars, Bikes, and Motor Cycles.

Some of the rest of that chart though... well beyond him at this point.

Jay-Hova

Banned
The guy obviously wants much more than rap.

Hip-Hop can only take you so far, he wants to grow out of that. It's like being stuck in a box. That's what he has been saying all this time.
Keep in mind that Kanye believes God is doing 90% of the work he does for him and is giving him ideas that his pastor told him are God Dreams.
He definitely feels divinely inspired to do this work.

kneePat

I wouldn't write Kanye a blank check for him to utilize on that massive chart, no. But I might listen to his ideas on some very specific things to see if it's worthwhile.

Glancing at his list.. he might have some interesting thoughts on Films, Stage Design, Laptop and Mobile Apps, Spas, Restaurants, Hotels, and Salons. Shoot he might even have interesting aesthetic ideas in Cars, Bikes, and Motor Cycles.

Some of the rest of that chart though... well beyond him at this point.

Wait, do you mean to suggest he can't cure cancer if given unlimited resources?

Fuck.

https://twitter.com/DefJamRecords/status/697906362576203776

Might or might not be true, it sounds crazy tbh.

ALL CAPS TWEETING, ANOTHER KANYE WEST CONTRIBUTION TO THE WORLD. YOU'RE ALL VERY WELCOME.

People like you are either trolling with this or are just completely and utterly confused about money.

Ya, when you rich you can never really incur debt of any kind. You're invulnerable. Look at this guy, he knows whats up.

DJKhaled

CbPC6mdXIAAjg9u.png

CbPC6ntWIAAWG7v.png:orig

what is kanye smoking

People like you are either trolling with this or are just completely and utterly confused about money.

Izuna

Banned
it basically is that except he swapped fade with waves. both great tracks. everything after wolves is basically bonus tracks anyways.

Man, if you look at the tracklisting for Waves... I feel like I understand why so many songs are only 2 mins long, those are the ones added later.

Wait, do you mean to suggest he can't cure cancer if given unlimited resources?

Fuck.

I don't actually think that he thinks he can cure cancer or anything along those lines. I think he probably views himself as a conductor and thinks that if he's taught enough about any subject, he'll be able to arrange the right people and pieces together to create or manifest something others can't. The ultimate idea man/project manager.

Yes it's obvious the man is over reaching but it's hard to hate that he's aiming for the stratosphere.

No reason for Zuckerberg or any of those guys to.

Like, what exactly is he creating? Dyeing some goodwill clothes tan and writing lines like "Now if I fuck this model/And she just bleached her asshole/And I get bleach on my T-shirt/I'mma feel like an asshole."

i would for streetwear and other clothing.

the rest though, hell no. dude is closer to dame dash than jay z in terms of business acumen.

edit: i admire that he has no compromise for his vision but it's also what hurts how even more successful he could have been. this dude is so good at picking and choosing the sound of the future and adapting it to his albums. if he wanted to be the biggest rapper on the radio again he could easily do it and go make another graduation/late registration. but he doesn't want to, and that's cool. he'd rather go more experimental and do what he wants. the rare times now when he does make some radio-ready hits we get something huge like niggas in paris.

if he wanted to make a successful clothing company he could do that too, but he's more interested in avant-garde (and frankly trash looking) fashion. personally i think he speaks like an idiot and he definitely needs some help. it's sad but i think many can admit he kind of fell way off the deep end after his mom died. but creatively he's extremely interesting and he can be as successful as he wants to be in music and fashion, he just doesn't seem to want to do that mass-market kind of output.

Izuna

Banned
Hmmm I can't find this on Spotify.

EOEfA6Y.gif

Do you have any idea what it's like to have my earphones plugged into my fucking laptop for hours? I feel like I'm in jail.

I had a solution before but I want this lossless version. I can't even BUY it.

hughesta

Banned
Do you have any idea what it's like to have my earphones plugged into my fucking laptop for hours? I feel like I'm in jail.

I had a solution before but I want this lossless version. I can't even BUY it.
hey man glad yr loving the album it really is incredible just wanted to say every three or four days go back to Death Grips and keep trying. If you like Yeezus you'll break through eventually. It's just steep.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Pitchfork has had some good and some insanely shitty reviews over time.
But honestly that might be one of the best I've read from them.

keep an eye on the writers and make note of the good ones and the ... not good ... ones.

Izuna

Banned
hey man glad yr loving the album it really is incredible just wanted to say every three or four days go back to Death Grips and keep trying. If you like Yeezus you'll break through eventually. It's just steep.

Holy shit no thanks.

--

This OG order for TLoP just turned it into my fav Kanye album. I recommend it for people who are still iffy with it.

Pavaloo

man kanye making me feel so bad when he calls out for help like that. hope he gets some semblance of peace sometime cause you can tell he has high expectations for everything lol.

maybe facebook should make kanye a spokesperson/ambassador or some shit like apple's got dre

god damn tho, fucking famous. when that beat switches up it's too good, i will never not groove to that. the ad libs over it are starting to really grow on me too ahaha i never expected that. was thinking that the sample reminded me a lot of old 70s hindi/indian music that timbo always samples - it would be super cool if kanye did something with that same repertoire (ie i want to see him transform that stuff into soul and i can kind of picture it)

Swag

Can't wait for the final version of the album that'll drop when it hits iTunes with the updated Wolves, thanks Kanye

Jay-Hova

Banned
man kanye making me feel so bad when he calls out for help like that. hope he gets some semblance of peace sometime cause you can tell he has high expectations for everything lol.

maybe facebook should make kanye a spokesperson/ambassador or some shit like apple's got dre

god damn tho, fucking famous. when that beat switches up it's too good, i will never not groove to that. the ad libs over it are starting to really grow on me too ahaha i never expected that. was thinking that the sample reminded me a lot of old 70s hindi/indian music that timbo always samples - it would be super cool if kanye did something with that same repertoire (ie i want to see him transform that stuff into soul and i can kind of picture it)
"Wake up Mr.West"
Best ad-lib on the track for me and one of my favorite moments on the album.

Izuna

Banned
Lmao..

What about through web browsers on the phone? Idk how those work

Well I can hardly even get it to play through the web browser. Even then, the lossless version won't work.

I mean, I know I CAN get it on my phone, it's just that I like this so much I don't feel like setting up playlists with pirated versions and whatever. I have checked the web for when that official download is up.

Honestly I'm torn.

You have no one to blame but yourself.
I have a windows phone as well :(

Groove Music + OneDrive functionality is basically the ONLY reason why I am still with WP. Not having it compatible with a Ye album makes me angry.

Pavaloo

"Wake up Mr.West"
Best ad-lib on the track for me and one of my favorite moments on the album.
Definitely got an immediate smile out of me, love the callback.

"one thing you can't do is.. STOP US, NOW.

ehh

you can't stop a thing now

man it's way too lit, it's way too lit, it's way too lit - you can't fuck with us

WOOOOOOOOOO"

lmao i love it

Kwixotik

i would for streetwear and other clothing.

the rest though, hell no. dude is closer to dame dash than jay z in terms of business acumen.

edit: i admire that he has no compromise for his vision but it's also what hurts how even more successful he could have been. this dude is so good at picking and choosing the sound of the future and adapting it to his albums. if he wanted to be the biggest rapper on the radio again he could easily do it and go make another graduation/late registration. but he doesn't want to, and that's cool. he'd rather go more experimental and do what he wants. the rare times now when he does make some radio-ready hits we get something huge like niggas in paris.

if he wanted to make a successful clothing company he could do that too, but he's more interested in avant-garde (and frankly trash looking) fashion. personally i think he speaks like an idiot and he definitely needs some help. it's sad but i think many can admit he kind of fell way off the deep end after his mom died. but creatively he's extremely interesting and he can be as successful as he wants to be in music and fashion, he just doesn't seem to want to do that mass-market kind of output.

good post
A+

Does Tidal not list features or is that a deffjam/kanye decision?

Isn't that kinda shitty?

It's definitely a tagging issue with the album, I'm new to tidal but other Ye albums list all the feats, was wondering the same

I just realized I'm replying to a post 5 pages back, oh well I wrote it so someone gotta read it

Rembrandt

Banned

No reason for Zuckerberg or any of those guys to.

Plus Kimoji just shut down the app store, ah!
And we made a million a minute, we made a million a minute

I would invest in Kanye. Has anything he's made been a financial failure?

Ashhong

Well I can hardly even get it to play through the web browser. Even then, the lossless version won't work.

I mean, I know I CAN get it on my phone, it's just that I like this so much I don't feel like setting up playlists with pirated versions and whatever. I have checked the web for when that official download is up.

Honestly I'm torn.

Groove Music + OneDrive functionality is basically the ONLY reason why I am still with WP. Not having it compatible with a Ye album makes me angry.

That sucks. It works just fine on my PC and iOS app. I mean, if you have no other means of listening to it....

Does Tidal not list features or is that a deffjam/kanye decision?

Isn't that kinda shitty?

You can click the ... And see track information with composers, features etc

It's definitely a tagging issue with the album, I'm new to tidal but other Ye albums list all the feats, was wondering the same

I just realized I'm replying to a post 5 pages back, oh well I wrote it so someone gotta read it

His post is on the same page..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom