• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
53 million in debt does not mean you're broke just as bankruptcy doesn't necessarily mean you're broke. For instance many companies will have debt but still have much larger amounts of cash on hand. It's for investing, so he doesn't have to spend his own money.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The dude is 40 years old. Friends with Jay-Z, how has he not grown accustomed to working with financial advisors who interest is to also protect Kanye's estate...

It was pointed out earlier that his debt is probably the result of his fashion/business ventures/investments

Kanye is in uncharted territory, no rapper has done what he's attempting to do with fashion. Shouldn't be surprising that he's lost money and had some learning curves along the way.

Anth0ny

How the hell did he get himself $53m in debt? What the fuck where his people thinking?

definitely related to his fashion shit. ain't cheap.

that being said, his deal with adidas/yeezys should be paying all of it off. with demand>>>>>>>>>>>supply all the dude needs to do it a couple of restocks/new colorways/drop the yeezy 2 and he should be fine. then again I don't know the entire situation.

Izuna

Banned
Since this thread is taking a depressing turn, I would like to remind you how phenomenal Fade is (especially the end).

car-dance.gif

It is a shame that Ye makes stupid business decisions. I know he wants to make a huge impact, but he's not a cooperation. Everything he touches can't be gold. It's a shame because his music is so damn great.

I feel like his best will come later though. If he takes running for President seriously and takes some time to learn more for 4 years, out of his comfort zone, then yeah, I do think he'll be extremely influential. Right now, he's too KANYE sometimes.

But this isn't for me to say.

The Debt is just him signing on the loans for his projects; fashion, art, etc.. The stuff that doesn't really see a monetary RoI. And at 53 million, Kanye can easily pay that off with his music through tours and lower end merch. His debt isn't why he's asking for money.

He's asking for money because the type of stuff he wants to do is on such a large scale that it requires way more money than he can safely borrow without risking losing everything and then some. So he's seeking investors. That's all it is.

Though I have to say.. after reading the tweets about "San Fran" and how he thinks everyone there listens to rap... I have to wonder is 'Ye just drunk as fuck watching Silicon Valley re-runs or something right now?

The Debt is just him signing on the loans for his projects; fashion, art, etc.. The stuff that doesn't really see a monetary RoI. And at 53 million, Kanye can easily pay that off with his music through tours and lower end merch. His debt isn't why he's asking for money.

He's asking for money because the type of stuff he wants to do is on such a large scale that it requires way more money than he can safely borrow without risking losing everything and then some. So he's seeking investors. That's all it is.

Though I have to say.. after reading the tweets about "San Fran" and how he thinks everyone there listens to rap... I have to wonder is 'Ye just drunk as fuck watching Silicon Valley re-runs or something right now?
What type of stuff on a large scale?

inb4 you dont have the answers Sway

FZZ

Banned
How can I enjoy Kanyes music when he feeling so bad?

D:

When you can't separate the art from the artist the other way around

Bowser

Kanye grossed $25m on the Yeezus tour (over 18 dates). Add more dates and double the price of tickets for TLOP tour and he'll be able to pay off most of that alleged $53m debt.

You know us plebes will still pay to go.

DJKhaled

lol I'm fucking laughing at everyone here that has no idea how money works. Just because he owes $53 million it doesn't mean he is broke, do you understand how much debt a lot of rich people have? you spend money to make money. He would still have a net worth of over $100 million.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
lol I'm fucking laughing at everyone here that has no idea how money works. Just because he owes $53 million it doesn't mean he is broke, do you understand how much debt a lot of rich people have? you spend money to make money. He would still have a net worth of over $100 million.
It's kinda bothersome having to explain it every 20 pages just to get back to talking about the album. Blame Kanye lol

What type of stuff on a large scale?

inb4 you dont have the answers Sway

He posted the chart of what he wants to get involved in or influence right there on his Twitter and it was posted earlier on this page too.

That's a whole lot of pies he's trying to dip his finger into and a lot of the individual things would make his High Fashion costs look like nothing, not to mention the ideas that would have no cost roof as they'd involved perpetual research (Cancer and HIV research).

FZZ

Banned

Lol I know this and I think most people do

But I'm off put by his tweets and the sound of desperation they have

It's no good

Skatterd

Pitchfork has had some good and some insanely shitty reviews over time.
But honestly that might be one of the best I've read from them.

He posted the chart of what he wants to get involved in or influence right there on his Twitter and it was posted earlier on this page too.

That's a whole lot of pies he's trying to dip his finger into and a lot of the individual things would make his High Fashion costs look like nothing, not to mention the ideas that would have no cost roof as they'd involved perpetual research (Cancer and HIV research).

said he made this chart 4 years ago. reads like he wrote it 25 years ago tbh. hovercraft patent lmao.

i wonder what DONDA is actually involved in. I know about their community stuff in Chicago and also the cover art that they do. but what else.

Izuna

Banned
Ca5SQ0eUMAAiAkq.jpg

I wouldn't have hated this old track list, you know.#

--

Gunna make a playlist in this order, see if it flows differently.

Grassy

How are you still alive if you owe somebody $53m?

He doesn't owe "somebody" $53 million, that's what he owes the banks for loans etc.
I think he makes ~$20 million a year, so he's got it covered at the moment. He just needs to slow down on the spending, but he wants to get in more debt by the sounds of it....

EloquentM

aka Mannny
He doesn't owe "somebody" $53 million, that's what he owes the banks for loans etc.
I think he makes ~$20 million a year, so he's got it covered at the moment. He just needs to slow down on the spending, but he wants to get in more debt by the sounds of it....
No it looks like he wants investors

SecretDan

A mudslide of fun!
Would you invest in Kanye?

No reason for Zuckerberg or any of those guys to.

Like, what exactly is he creating? Dyeing some goodwill clothes tan and writing lines like "Now if I fuck this model/And she just bleached her asshole/And I get bleach on my T-shirt/I'mma feel like an asshole."

kneePat

CbPC6mdXIAAjg9u.png

CbPC6ntWIAAWG7v.png:orig

what is kanye smoking

Yo, this thread aint a safe space for your bullshit flimsy logic, hater.

ONLY 53$ million dollars in debt son. SMH at a fool. Kanye is on point.
Gotta spend money to make money. It's become apparent that y'all kno nothing about the game, cause if you did Mark Zuckerberg would be bailing yo ass out.

Hip Hop

The guy obviously wants much more than rap.

Hip-Hop can only take you so far, he wants to grow out of that. It's like being stuck in a box. That's what he has been saying all this time.

hughesta

Banned

Like, what exactly is he creating? Dyeing some goodwill clothes tan and writing lines like "Now if I fuck this model/And she just bleached her asshole/And I get bleach on my T-shirt/I'mma feel like an asshole."
dude has ambitions far far beyond what he's doing now.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
The guy obviously wants much more than rap.

Hip-Hop can only take you so far, he wants to grow out of that. It's like being stuck in a box. That's what he has been saying all this time.
I'm not sure he has it in him but I'm sure people have been saying that all his life.

Are you kidding me? Dude had 20 million people tune into a midweek afternoon jam session on an unpopular streaming service at a packed MGS. This dude has awesome brand power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom