• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Kanye drops an album and Jay MyAlbumWillNeverDrop Electronica drops a track
https://soundcloud.com/cracktracks504/tbe-the-curse-of-mayweather

africanpraise_zpsea9c87d0.gif

Hey does anyone know how to download a good rip off soundcloud? Can you? I want to replace 30 Hours with the soundcloud version he uploaded before the release.

I can agree with this, it's definitely his most lyrically lax project, sorta feels like he gave a half-hearted promise on NMPILA a few weeks earlier that his writers block was over only to deliver terrible lines like that lol

Thought the same thing...

If I recall correctly he wrote that very recently, so maybe the supposed writer's black was gone after most of the album was done? He still should have done some rewrites though
Yeah, apparently NMPILA was written during a plane ride.

I mean...well....

...yea.

Well...better produced, anyway. Nobody turned on a Yeezy album to hear his elite lyricism. Whereas with Lupe, you didn't turn on his albums to hear elite production. Too bad they didn't work together more. In fact, it's too bad we didn't see more features from strong lyricists on Yeezy albums. More KDot, some Killer Mike, some Outkast, Cunninlinguists, etc etc etc. Feels like some missed opportunities to make classics.

JackEtc

Haven't participated in Hip Hop GAF in years, but just popping in to say that I think TLOP is fantastic.

It transcends musical genre and sets the bar for contemporary music as a whole right now.

Also I'm so glad Kanye is back on twitter, early 2010s twitter Kanye was GOAT

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I instantly thought about posting it in there.

But then I remembered not to get involved in OT hip-hop threads.
Seriously. Such a shit show, part of what has made this thread so great generally is the lack of that garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom