• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
kVx2Hdk.gif

I like the album version better
I like the order of the KTT edit best, Ocean is a better closer and it transitions better from Real Friends that way.

Someone needs to rearrange this and add in Ye's ad libs from the album version.

Hip Hop

Cant hear the version yet, how is it, what has changed?
There are two versions from what I've heard
One version plays Frank Oceans part in the beginning on one, and the other version plays him at the end.

Both versions have Kanye, Vic Mensa, and Sia, with the drums added back in. Basically what we heard originally a year ago, but CDQ now.

Ran rp

ey, I know it's corny bitches you wish you could unfollow
I know it's corny niggas you wish you could unswallow

Owari

People were saying "new wolves" and I thought the fixed version came out. Smh. The releases Wolves is weird without the drums, Vic and Sia.

nib95

Banned
Cant hear the version yet, how is it, what has changed?

It's not working for me any more. But it's essentially a CDQ version of the SNL (Vic/Sia) performance, only it starts with Frank Ocean instead of ending with him. I prefer him as the closer with the instrumental pause of the album version.

Basically, if we had this new version, with Ye's verses added in, plus the pause and Frank's segment as the closer (like the album version), it'd be perfection. 10/10 see you later done.

Hip Hop

PSY・S;195613472 said:

cringe

Koozek

Those snare rolls durin Ye's verse, nah
JgZs64Q.png
And the Vic part was nice at first, but I'm already tired of it after 3-4 times, don't know why. Overall I think the album version is alright, it's only that Ye's verse would have needed a bit of work (less of the "unswallow" lines). Sia's part feels out of place to me.
Ehhh, dunno. Maybe it's because I wasn't attached to the original in the first place anyway.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
OG version also doesn't have the Vic Mensa reprise, which I really like.

The quest for a fixed Wolves continues. I think KTT can do it. They have the technology.

Hip Hop

OG version also doesn't have the Vic Mensa reprise, which I really like.

The quest for a fixed Wolves continues. I think KTT can do it. They have the technology.

Question is, will Kanye be able to make a better version than all of these?

Is he still working on it at all?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I've listened to like 5 different versions of Wolves now. None of them have been perfect, KTT seems to be getting the closest tho.

Now its just a race to who 'fixes' it first KTT or Ye.

PSY・S;195613472 said:

This CANNOT be on the final version

nib95

Banned

x-Lundz-x

Ok, so after bashing Kanye and his antics and calling his music crap (I admit I've barely listened to any of his albums and only heard what I hear at clubs etc..) I decided to start listening to his stuff on Spotify after reading this thread a bit.

Just finished College Dropout, I admit I'm kinda impressed. I thought it would just reaffirm my impression that his music is as terrible as his persona, but maybe I'm wrong.

I'm going to listen to the albums in order and see how I feel after I get done with Yeezus. Maybe this old white man was wrong about him after all :).

m23

Ok, so after bashing Kanye and his antics and calling his music crap (I admit I've barely listened to any of his albums and only heard what I hear at clubs etc..) I decided to start listening to his stuff on Spotify after reading this thread a bit.

Just finished College Dropout, I admit I'm kinda impressed. I thought it would just reaffirm my impression that his music is as terrible as his persona, but maybe I'm wrong.

I'm going to listen to the albums in order and see how I feel after I get done with Yeezus. Maybe this old white man was wrong about him after all :).

If I didn't listen to music from people I don't like, I would be missing out on a lot of good music.

solarus

Keep us updated with your impressions! I'm excited to hear what you think, you're in for a hell of a ride :) His solo discography is incredible.

x-Lundz-x

If I didn't listen to music from people I don't like, I would be missing out on a lot of good music.
Yeah I know, I need to try and keep an open mind. I'm trying...

Keep us updated with your impressions! I'm excited to hear what you think, you're in for a hell of a ride :) His solo discography is incredible.

Will do, it will probably take me a few days, I'm listening as I work away on my projects at work but I'm excited myself. :)

Koozek

Heh, nice! Keep us updated when you're done with Late Registration (my fave, probably).

Just like most people... Glad you came around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom