• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ran rp

http://www.billboard.com/articles/b...lo-future-rollout-strategy?utm_source=twitter

Multiple sources tell Billboard that Def Jam and UMG are working closely with West on ­several possible release strategies and that a physical version is due, perhaps as a deluxe ­edition or a bundle with another West product. "It would be crazy for him not to release it on CD," says Trans World Entertainment divisional ­merchandise manager/vp music and new media Ish Cuebas. "That would be a big title for us; he's right in the sweet spot for our customers."

Then, within hours of its ­posting, Pablo was pulled from his site. Sources claim West was unhappy with the final masters.

x-Lundz-x

Even when somebody go away (turn it up!)
The feelings don't really go away
That's just the wave (yeah)

Heh, yeah!

Ok just finished my first listen:
ULB
Highlights
Waves
FML
Wolves
Facts
Fade

These all stood out to me. Need to give it a few more listens, the other tracks were kind of hit and miss for me.

robotrock

Banned
This was my first time participating in a dumb shoe release and I'll never do it again. The most needlessly stressful last twelve hours of my life. I didn't even get the shoes.

This was my first time participating in a dumb shoe release and I'll never do it again. The most needlessly stressful last twelve hours of my life. I didn't even get the shoes.

The key is to not expecting to get the shoes. Makes it a much more manageable and even humorous process.

I've done it 4 times with Js and Yeezys, haven't gotten a single pair, but I've enjoyed the experience, in a perverse way.

entremet

Kanye basically released a beta version of the album lol.

Blazing trails, Yeezy.

Just give me a version I could own. Digital or physical. I don't care. I don't want to rent it.

The key is to not expecting to get the shoes. Makes it a much more manageable and even humorous process.

I've done it 4 times with Js and Yeezys, haven't gotten a single pair, but I've enjoyed the experience, in a perverse way.

EXACTLY....

with that said, Js are 100x easier to get than Yeezys...7/10 i get the Js I want (in fact, I usually am able to get 2 pair). I beat the stupid bots everytime almost.

but yeezys....Damn, that shit is hard

reKon

Banned
i've been waiting the whole fucking night in the rain only to get no yeezys in the end

went camping with two friends, we arrived at 3 pm and we were already 72-74 in the queue

we were assured there would be 80 pair

this morning at 8 am when we thought we were finally getting it they only had 70 pair for sale

fuck this shit i'm pissed off we waited 17 fucking hours for fucking nothing

wow, I can't imagine

I'm a broken man

imagine waiting at a raffle at dtlr for over 6 hours for these...

nike-air-yeezy-2-black.jpg

with close to 700 people there, and they call the ticket of the person who was right in front of you.....

yea....THAT sucked

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Welcome to the church of yeezus
Now you gotta find some of his less well known songs (look for the fan made good Friday album. Back during the road to MBDTF release he put out like 20 songs a bunch of weekends that year. It's technically not pirating since he gave them out for free, but I digress) and definitely definitely check out his music videos. A lot of them are awesome.

This is why it's SOOOO hard for me to rank MBDTF, because my mind is clouded with the 10 Good Friday songs that I loved as I added them to my personal MBDTF playlist album. It's his best collection of work that he's ever done over a short period of time.

Sometimes I forget that CDDF isn't even on twisted fantasy, the song is so perfect its been in my library as part of the album since it came out.

FZZ

Banned
I dream of a future with $100 Yeezys and I can go to any sneaker store and pick them up

Adidas make my dream come true

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Does anybody think that Kanye will start putting out more work now? It makes sense his longest period without music started when his baby was born, he got married and started having a second one.

not much new information. but hopefully he told Mike Dean to wise the fuck up and master his albums properly if he was unhappy.

I'll say this again, I don't see any possible way to mix an album properly while high. Everything sounds good when you're high. the louder the better. do your damn job!

Yeah, I really don't understand how people can defend the mastering and mixing. It is sloppy as fuck.

I'm hoping that he really is revisiting it and that is the holdup. This whole situation is bizarre and I can't imagine that Def Jam is very happy.

Ashhong

Yeah, I really don't understand how people can defend the mastering and mixing. It is sloppy as fuck.

I'm hoping that he really is revisiting it and that is the holdup. This whole situation is bizarre and I can't imagine that Def Jam is very happy.

I don't think anybody has defended it. Well except for Mike Dean himself

After listening non stop for a week, I feel like ULB and Real friends will be remembered as the two absolute stand outs for me. Both of those stand toe to toe with Kanye's absolute best. Wolves is so close to joining those, but ye needs those vic and sia vocals added ASAP.

KingKong

Father Stretch my hands p1 and 2 are probably my favorites

cant think of any track I actually dislike except the interludes. love you Yeezy

Mr. Doop

What do you mean? Most of his albums have gotten vinyl releases, it was just Yeezus and Graduation that didn't get official releases.

Yeah, but they've been really hit or miss. His albums range from really good on vinyl (808s and Heatbreak) to absolutely awful (Late Registration)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom