• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO GETTING OFF THE L TRAIN

GF50MPM.jpg

CHOO CHOO

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Check out My Name is My Name by Pusha T. The whole album is Kanye West production but, Pusha, unlike Kanye, is a natural spitter with really strong delivery and he just glides effortlessly over Ye's beats.

How is it, that I've never heard this album yet? And I'm from Virginia. I'll take this L while I listen to it now. Ain't like we getting that TLOP today anyway.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
yes, it's worse
there's some annoying background drums that were added on top of the bass, so the tidal version sounds "weaker" than the original version

Jesus CHRIST!!! First he removes Sia from Wolves and now this?! You guys were right, I shouldn't have listened to these OG versions of the songs first.

Now I'm going to be just disappointed when the final album drops. :(

Have you never listened to Pusha before?

Yeah back when he was rocking with Pharrell. I've heard him on a bunch of features since he got with GOOD Music, but not that album. Did you like it?

PBY

Banned
Yeah back when he was rocking with Pharrell. I've heard him on a bunch of features since he got with GOOD Music, but not that album. Did you like it?

Liked it, didn't love it. Has some great tracks though.

Pusha put out a new album more recently, which I thought was great too. His last mixtape before these two I also enjoyed.

Ran rp

The bass on the OG version is so fucking good. Way better than the one we got on Tidal.

It's almost obnoxiously hard. In my headphones, at least. The bass on Tidal is a little weak, yeah, but it doesn't sound too flat to me. I guess something in the middle would be best.

Fevaweva

Kanye West is the Peter Molyneux of rap music...apart from he actually delivers on some of his promises. Or at least the final product is worth wading through the bullshit.

How is it, that I've never heard this album yet? And I'm from Virginia. I'll take this L while I listen to it now. Ain't like we getting that TLOP today anyway.

First five songs range from great to good, then the quality sort of tapers off middle of the album for three songs, then the backend of the album finishes strong. Only 12 tracks clocking in at 46 minutes, so its not like its a major time investment to check it out.
Best songs are:
Numbers on the Board-Pounding bass and a nice drum loop
King Push-Beat sounds like a leftover from MBDTF
Sweet Serenade, a trap beat with Chris Brown killing the hook.
Nostealgia- Kendrick shows up for a guest spot on this one, beat is a looping guitar riff, very rocknroll, like the kind of stuff Alchemist produces for Action Bronson
Pain-The big single off the album featuring Future. Great track

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom