• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catvoca

Banned
Man,this thread sure has become miserable lately.

"Gaf said they gave me the best years of their life, I've a seen a recent picture of the thread and I guess they were right."

Man,this thread sure has become miserable lately.

"Gaf said they gave me the best years of their life, I've a seen a recent picture of the thread and I guess they were right."

image.php

Why aren't Adidas mass perishing Yeezys? Seems like they could make more money that way, seeing as how shoes are usually overpriced.

Edit: Okay, so either mobile GAF is fucking up images for me, or vBulletin pics is some kind of meme I'm not aware of.

Real Friends is growing on me. I liked it when it originally came out but growing to really love it. I enjoy the back and forth between Kanye and Ty. Very pleasing.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Have you never listened to Pusha before?

First five songs range from great to good, then the quality sort of tapers off middle of the album for three songs, then the backend of the album finishes strong. Only 12 tracks clocking in at 46 minutes, so its not like its a major time investment to check it out.
Best songs are:
Numbers on the Board-Pounding bass and a nice drum loop
King Push-Beat sounds like a leftover from MBDTF
Sweet Serenade, a trap beat with Chris Brown killing the hook.
Nostealgia- Kendrick shows up for a guest spot on this one, beat is a looping guitar riff, very rocknroll, like the kind of stuff Alchemist produces for Action Bronson
Pain-The big single off the album featuring Future. Great track

Just finished the album. Solid 4 out of 5. You're 100% right the middle gets a little weark comparatively speaking.

- How did you not list SNITCH with that gloriously amazing beat by Pharrell? Great concept song too.

- King Push: was awesome and you are 100% right when you say it has a MBDTF feel. The way Kanye lays the soulful sounds in the background as the acoustic drums rattle is amazing. And it's crazy that the Metallica dude's son did the drums on the beat.

- Sweet Serenade: Swizz Beatz murdered this joint! I know some of you guys front like he isn't great, but he steady comes through. And of course Breezy did his thing.

- Hold On: Auto-tune Kanye singing in the background of the beat being loop, while Pusha T is rapping is amazing. Feels sorta Meta. Rick Ross always does great on beats like this.

- 40 Acres: Great concept song by Pusha T and The Dream's chorus almost brought tears to my eyes. The piano and guitar in the chorus behind The Dream's singing......woooo!!!!!

FZZ

Banned
Aight who's down for the 11pm EST, 12am EST, and 12am PST L's tonight?

I know I am.

I just want my code, and maybe a physical release too ;_;

213372bu

Banned
Being thirsty for an album for like a year now, and intense thirst for this past week or two, has been exhausting.

BTW, radio was playing the Tidal version of Feedback.

I think I have to let Kayne go. This album is not for me. I only enjoyed one track(No more parties in LA). The vibe is off and I keep telling myself classic Kanye is coming back, and he is not. I need to accept this, like 5 years ago.

I think I have to let Kayne go. This album is not for me. I only enjoyed one track(No more parties in LA). The vibe is off and I keep telling myself classic Kanye is coming back, and he is not. I need to accept this, like 5 years ago.
Sounds like the track "I Love Kanye" is for you. :V

This isn't a dig at you Just_myles, or anyone with a similar opinion, but I'm glad kanye isn't classic Kanye. If he never evolved, I wouldn't be as big a fan of his music as I am now. I'm not saying I wouldn't have enjoyed CD/LR/G style tracks, but if he was still making music similar to those, I'd have never been able to hear 808s or MBDTF. Those are two amazing works of art that likely never would've come to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom