• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

lv7RrA7.gif

lmao this gif getting good use. Yea the theater name usually just says "IMAX" in it. You could probably check by seeing if there is a movie playing in the IMAX screen at that time on Fandango

Man this whole thing has been a mess. I love Kanye to death but I can't get with that stupid tweet. And yeah, it's just a tweet, but man it's stupid. I would not be surprised if it was just him reacting to that facebook chain article going around, but that doesn't really make it any better. Then the "Kylie was here" tweet... I have no idea what's going on.

I just want to hear a good album, please.

DiddyBop

Honestly I saw this as a pretty big Kanye fan...I have no hype for this album. Real Freinds and NMPILA are just very average tracks that I would skip...I know I am in the minority because Yeezus is my favorite album of his, but seriously the hooks on those tracks are sooo bad.

I completely agree. I really hope those are miraculously cut last minute. I want Ye to keep being progressive, we have enough talented artist around to rap on stripped down hip hop beats.

I completely agree. I really hope those are miraculously cut last minute. I want Ye to keep being progressive, we have enough talented artist around to rap on stripped down hip hop beats.

I think both are great tracks and Kanye has a dope ass verse on NMPILA but in terms production both tracks need more. Maybe he edited them, who knows.

Hard to believe it's dropping tomorrow though. Usually it would have leaked by now?

hughesta

Banned
I think both are great tracks and Kanye has a dope ass verse on NMPILA but in terms production both tracks need more. Maybe he edited them, who knows.

Hard to believe it's dropping tomorrow though. Usually it would have leaked by now?
Album's probably not done yet.

Nah, there is no excuse for that tweet.

Kanye can fuck off with that.

You know what's funny about that tweet

It's the exact same thing all these posters are saying here

"BILL COSBY GUILTY"

The only difference is one gun jumping not proven yet incorrect for now statement is approved of, and the other is not

But both versions of this statement say the exact same thing: "I AM IGNORANT"

gamz

A controversial tweet the day before the album drops? Imagine.

The tweet may be stupid but damn if it ain't working, the world is talking about ye right now.

Yeah but morally it's kinda fucked you'll do anything to be noticed and sell shit. It's alright to be shocking as Howard Stern has been doing it for years, as long as you have a moral center. Regardless, I'll let the music speak for itself.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
There is so much stupid dump controversial shit he could be tweeting about for publicity...but he choses Bill Cosby/Rape allegations for that ?

It just doesnt make any sense.

gamz

There is so much stupid dump controversial shit he could be tweeting about for publicity...but he choses Bill Cosby/Rape allegations for that ?

It just doesnt make any sense.

Sure it does. Gets you noticed. Look at me! Look at me! Please! It's simple psychology 101.

FaintDeftone

So are we getting this album tomorrow or what? This is getting a bit ridiculous. How do we purchase it? Will it stream on services like Spotify? What's the goddamn name of the album?

PBY

Banned
So the listening party confirmed all of those leaks

"Tell Taylor Swift I made that bitch famous, I made that bitch famous" #Famous #Waves @kanyewest

ℒuke♫ // Feb. 11
‏@Luke_AK
Chris Brown is on the track 'Waves'.... k

ℒuke♫ // Feb. 11
‏@Luke_AK
"I bet me and Ray J can be frieeends if we ain't loved the same bitch, ain't matter he hit it first, only problem is I'm rich" #Waves

"I wish I would go ahead and fuck my life up" #FML #TLOP @kanyewest @trvisXX @theweeknd

PBY

Banned
I mean, maybe, but twitter folks can read forums too.

Guess I'll see at the theater!

They were confirmed by Ebro though, he wouldn't lie about this

His high level summary:

Samples Kanye
Big drums Kanye
Heavy bass line Kanye
Controversial punchline Kanye
Melodic Kanye
All in one project

#TLOP

FZZ

Banned
I'm in the camp that it's a concept album meant to outline his life and how he shifts public perception of himself and has now been able to grow as a person, but not without the many ups and downs he has throughout his life including recent fucked up tweets that just transpired.

Ye truly the GOAT
rejoice.png

chaislip3

That's kinda what I'm thinking too. It sorta makes the acts thing make more sense. Act 1 he's an asshole, calling out Taylor Swift and Ray J, and as the album goes on he grows and matures.

Kanye said the album was the story of Mary Magdalene becoming Mary. Magdalene was a prostitute, which is considered to be sinful in the bible, and Mary was without sin. That transformation could be synonymous with Kanye.

Or maybe we're trying way too hard to defend him.

:khaledhmm:

Courage

I'm in the camp that it's a concept album meant to outline his life and how he shifts public perception of himself and has now been able to grow as a person, but not without the many ups and downs he has throughout his life including recent fucked up tweets that just transpired.

Ye truly the GOAT
rejoice.png

Stop browsing KTT

FZZ

Banned
Stop browsing KTT

The Taylor and Ray J lyrics make no sense otherwise tho. I imagine the song is literally called "Fuck My Life" and he just presents himself as the worse person possible.

With all of that said GAF needs a top level leaker

How a K.Dot forum has one, I will never know

So are we thinking that this drops right after the premiere or will we have to wait until iTunes updates tomorrow night?

I'm thinking 11pm EST tomorrow.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
They were confirmed by Ebro though, he wouldn't lie about this

His high level summary:

Samples Kanye
Big drums Kanye
Heavy bass line Kanye
Controversial punchline Kanye
Melodic Kanye
All in one project

#TLOP

That actually sounds good.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Kanye said the album was the story of Mary Magdalene becoming Mary. Magdalene was a prostitute, which is considered to be sinful in the bible, and Mary was without sin. That transformation could be synonymous with Kanye.

:khaledhmm:

Very interesting.....

So is it possible that this is a digital only release tomorrow first? Because it sure sounds like the stores won't have it tomorrow. This fucking guy man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom