• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Echoing the rest of you, I have defended Kanye through a whole lot of shit but this is one thing that I would not even dream of defending. What a fucking idiot.

Mik317

Kanye West is an awful (or at least fucked up) person?

shocker of the year.

Dude has been gone mentally for a while...but if drew the line here there would be very little media period I could consume. These dudes should not be your heroes

All I wanted to do was listen to his catalog and get excited for Waves, and now this happens.

I just lost my whole interest in relistening to his stuff, and I just feel...bad. It's one thing to be a dick about yourself, but to say a man who raped near 60 people is innocent with a fucking tidal wave of proof damning him is disgusting.

He's in a tier inhabited by anti-vaxxers, MRAs, and Bill Cosby defenders, the lowest of the low. Like, I don't really know what to think. Hell, even "Facts" Cosby diss wasn't clear. It was a reference to the whole thing, not showing his opinion.

This is shit. I feel sick. I guess this is why you shouldn't celebrities be your idols.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The rapid tweeting from him in general seems pretty odd. Not sure what's going on with him. Then he has this MSG thing and the stream and the album. Album isn't even done.

Then he slammed Cosby in lyrics not long ago and now he's defending the guy.

hughesta

Banned
I hope he goes back on it soon.

The fact that tweet hasn't been deleted yet seems unusual for Kanye.
was thinking about this too. almost like he's having a mental breakdown or something right now. This and the Nike tweet, followed by him just chillin in the booth recording for his album that releases in less than two days just feels out of character for him.

not saying he didn't do it and I'm not making excuses, because Kanye tweeted these things are they are disgusting and indefensible. I'm just saying it's weird.

FZZ

Banned
I swear to god if this is some when shit hits the fan, are you still a fan shit I'm gonna lose it

I've never met the guy, have no idea who he is, what his views are, anything. But my god I have tried to see as many interviews as possible from before he was big to present day. Analyzed every single one of his lyrics to death, and in all honesty stanned for him even when my brain said not to.

And he has never EVER done anything that had an inkling to defending a known rapist

My brain is telling me that Kanye said this, but my gut is saying no it's not him. I don't buy it. It's too disgusting.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
was thinking about this too. almost like he's having a mental breakdown or something right now. This and the Nike tweet, followed by him just chillin in the booth recording for his album that releases in less than two days just feels out of character for him.

not saying he didn't do it and I'm not making excuses, because Kanye tweeted these things are they are disgusting and indefensible. I'm just saying it's weird.
A friend and I were just saying he seems like he is on the edge of crashing. No Rick Rubin to save him this time.

Kaizer

Banned
Wow really disappointed in Ye right now.

I appreciate his music so much but it's when he does shit like this that it makes you think that maybe all the people that say he's a shitty human being are right.

I'm really hoping he walks this back because it's a serious damper on my view of him.

It's one thing to be sometimes shoulder-deep in your own ass and to make bold claims about yourself, it's another to defend a guy who actually hurt people.

I mean I love 'Ye, but if you've been a Kanye West fan since his debut back in 2004 and somehow didn't realize he is a deeply flawed, spoiled, & partially immature individual half the time - I think that's on the listener.

I've always admired 'Ye for both his musicality and his realness as a person - his numerous outbursts to me make him human & relatable in a sense that he's not always the good guy or going to say the right things.

Love him for the music & passion for relentlessly pursuing his creative ideas, but you also have to accept that sometimes he's just an idiot lol

Servbot24

Banned
I feel like he just stumbled across some blogger or something making a Cosby innocent claim, and ye accidentally took it as news and got overexcited and tweeted before checking facts?

I dunno :(

I swear to god if this is some when shit hits the fan, are you still a fan shit I'm gonna lose it

I've never met the guy, have no idea who he is, what his views are, anything. But my god I have tried to see as many interviews as possible from before he was big to present day. Analyzed every single one of his lyrics to death, and in all honesty stanned for him even when my brain said not to.

And he has never EVER done anything that had an inkling to defending a known rapist

My brain is telling me that Kanye said this, but my gut is saying no it's not him. I don't buy it. It's too disgusting.

The album is two days away from releasing, he just shared an article that mentionned how he always comes back on top as a musical genius regardless of his behavior, and he was certainly not supporting Cosby in FACTS
I say: odds are 85% that he's trolling, proving that he can break the Internet with three words and remind everybody why he's the best even after making himself hated on purpose, when the album releases
50% that he's having a bipolar breakdown and not really thinking what he's saying
35% that his opinion simply changed recently, and he's drunk right now

Still waiting for him to give an explanation, I thought he was reacting to Cosby being ruled innocent or something at first, besides it's out-of-character to outright support an obvious criminal while not having said anything about Baltimore riots

Or the haters were right all along and us fans were delusional

I mean I love 'Ye, but if you've been a Kanye West fan since his debut back in 2004 and somehow didn't realize he is a deeply flawed, spoiled, & partially immature individual half the time - I think that's on the listener.

I've always admired 'Ye for both his musicality and his realness as a person - his numerous outbursts to me make him human & relatable in a sense that he's not always the good guy or going to say the right things.

Love him for the music & passion for relentlessly pursuing his creative ideas, but you also have to accept that sometimes he's just an idiot lol
He's never done anything on this shitty of a level before iirc.

It's mostly been stupid boasting, petty insults, and what not. Very dickish and immature for sure but not shitty human being tier.

Torre_avenue is right, this is anti-vaccine, MRA, earth-is-flat level dumbassness which makes think you that not only is the individual in question an absolute idiot for having that view, but is an even bigger piece of shit because they are propagating that view to the masses.

213372bu

Banned
Student champion on Jeopardy just said he looks up to Kanye and said he loves his aura.

:\

Dude is probably regretting that.

What a shitty coincidence.

Dartastic

Hey guys, what's going on in...
Dumb ass mother fucking Kanye tweet about Cosby

Kanye...

jayz-beyonce-beck-kanye.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom