• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I've just got home after being in meetings all morning. What's the latest on the album? Did it stream in high quality? Is there a release date? Can I re-watch the stream anywhere?

Catvoca

Banned
Ok so I've just got home after being in meetings all morning. What's the latest on the album? Did it stream in high quality? Is there a release date? Can I re-watch the stream anywhere?

Audio was high quality, no release date, have no idea about re-streams.

I should say the audio quality sounded good to me idk, I'm no expert. Looking forward to hearing it again. There's some really good stuff on it.

Are the samples even cleared though.

Highly unlikely. I could be wrong. Bet this won't stream anywhere else besides tidal.

Highly doubt that happens. Any album "exclusive" to tidal, like Rihanna's ANTI came to spotify after a week. Same with any Apple Music deals.

I don't even think Kanye's album will be exclusive to any service tbh.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Overall impressions:

Album has a lot of interesting production and vibes, a lot of verses that may or may not hold up over time (some were just super loud over the beats like Wolves, some were kind of eye rolly in lyrics), but the majority of that shit gets you moving or in fetal position. I could have done without a few of those transitions too, they weren't as sublime or complementary as you'd find in something like Rodeo, or even parts of Yeezus. Really need more run throughs at CDQ to tell.

Ultra Light Beams or FML might be my favourite tracks.
Wolves being the most disappointing because of the verse.
Freestyle 4 being the most surprising because pretty much every song in history with Freestyle in it's name is garbage.
Worst track might be Feedback? Hard to tell, this has been such a ride I can't remember the specifics of the first half of it.

Also the album art is garbage if real. Can't believe Ye OK'd that.

Sigh.. Can't believe he got rid of the best parts from Wolves.
Yeah that sucks. I think everyone was really looking forward to finally getting the CDQ of it and Ye ruined it.

And Frank Ocean deserve shit until his ass drops a single. Can't believe Kanye dragged him out of whatever bomb shelter he's hiding in.

I'm just praying that it lands on Spotify.
images
highly unlikely

You knows what's weird is that chance the rapper has none of his albums on iTunes music or Spotify. Come on chance I just want to jam out convently to you

That's because Chance doesn't have any albums. Just mixtapes that have uncleared samples so they can't go on sale.

That Surf project with him and Donny Trumpet is on Spotify and most other services.
images
highly unlikely

I don't get the joke.

So thar Thug track people went nuts over here..is that riding through the city? because if it is, i can just say for 1000% i am never going to be digging this guy's shit. smh.

For some reason i was kind of expecting to make even dig it slightly...but nahhh.

Catvoca

Banned
You knows what's weird is that chance the rapper has none of his albums on iTunes music or Spotify. Come on chance I just want to jam out convently to you

Think it's because they're mixtapes, so they're free and he doesn't put them on Spotify. Some artists like Vince staples have done the same thing. It's annoying

Edit: Also because of samples clearing of course.

Thewonandonly

That's because Chance doesn't have any albums. Just mixtapes that have uncleared samples so they can't go on sale.

That Surf project with him and Donny Trumpet is on Spotify and most other services.
O is that why damn chance drop an album then. Wasn't a big fan of surf but acid rap and the other mixtap can't thing of the name were fire!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom