• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

amnesiac

yeezus-cover.jpg

Yeezus Cover
So no gold foil cover or whatever that was?

No way in hell am I buying the CD if it's just a case lol. Would've been satisfied with the molten face cover. Any sort of booklet would do honestly.

Kuraudo

Banned
Can't see the CD shipping like that. I imagine there has to be some contractual obligation to include credits in a booklet at least.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah I'm sad about the decoy. I liked the art of a king twisting into Kanye, and the possibility that it would twist as you move the artwork around like the IANAHBII cover.

Don't really like this. It's ballsy, but I like me some damn artwork, especially out of DONDA/Ye.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just hope Yeezus comes with the actual tape and not just those long red stickers we saw in some shots that look ugly as fuck and out of Staples or something.

not a big fan of that cover or rather lack of one. will cop digital version instead unless they release an alternate one or whatever.

MBDTF is still one of my favorite album packaging. it was like a work of art

solarus

The red tape does have meaning, to open the album you will have to "cut the red tape"
cut red tape
(US, idiomatic) To reduce bureaucracy.
Which is in line with lyrics in new slaves. Also I'm 99% sure somebody must have already mentioned this in the thread, just posting it in case anyone is wondering.

cacophony

so wtf is this then?

yeezus-cover-art.jpg

was so much better than this dumb 'make your own art' idea. wouldn't it make more sense to have a white booklet than no booklet that way too

Kabuto

are the projection dates/locations on his site going to be "New Slaves" again or something new? One of them is in my city so I might go with some friends.

SeroTyler

First one to talk gets to stay on the aircraft!
Can't see the CD shipping like that. I imagine there has to be some contractual obligation to include credits in a booklet at least.

He'll probably do what NIN did with [WITH_TEETH] and include a URL to the credits.

Top Bottom