• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

Well, Yeezus cover is different because he wants people to make a cover themselves, but yeah. Full PR image:

What are you supposed to 'add your own graffiti' too? The plastic? The piece of red tape?

At least provide extra materials for us to get busy with like the album you're jocking:

beck_information.jpg

Ashhong

I hope he's just trolling all of us and when we go to the store shelves to buy it it has fucking amazing artwork.

HOW CAN YOU SELL A CD WITH NO FUCKING BOOKLET OR CD ART?!

Someone is going to think it's a goddamn blank CD.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
https://vine.co/v/bY0YIlQv2Jd

the melted gold face gonna show up in the dark. makes sense too because the OG cover wasn't on a booklet the face was on the actual plastic

quote me on the 18th
I wanted it to actually twist as you moved it around.

Dope as fuck if so though. Gonna update OP with the new (or lack of?) art soon.

EDIT: YO THAT BOUND TEASER, GODDAMN

EDIT2: Jay Pharoah talks Kanye.

Lyrics to I Am A God according to him:

I Am A God
Gimme the keys to my garage
Bitch where's my menage?
Bitch where's my massage?
I Am A God

Kanye didn't want to do sketches. Kanye did his sound check 5 hours early.

Ashhong

Was watching VH1 storytellers earlier. Holy shit what a performance. It's this down to earth and mostly humble, artistic kanye that I fell in love with. This is why I put up with whatever stupid arrogant shit he does, because I know he had this persona underneath it all. It's amazing. I would have paid so much money to be there.

Anybody remember the MTV special he did that was similar? I think it was for LR. Can't remember the name...I think it was MTV...

cacophony

I wanted it to actually twist as you moved it around.

Dope as fuck if so though. Gonna update OP with the new (or lack of?) art soon.

EDIT: YO THAT BOUND TEASER, GODDAMN

EDIT2: Jay Pharoah talks Kanye.

Lyrics to I Am A God according to him:

I Am A God
Gimme the keys to my garage
Bitch where's my menage?
Bitch where's my massage?
I Am A God

Kanye didn't want to do sketches. Kanye did his sound check 5 hours early.

those are the lyrics, theres a leaked snippet of that part

Oozer3993

Was watching VH1 storytellers earlier. Holy shit what a performance. It's this down to earth and mostly humble, artistic kanye that I fell in love with. This is why I put up with whatever stupid arrogant shit he does, because I know he had this persona underneath it all. It's amazing. I would have paid so much money to be there.

Anybody remember the MTV special he did that was similar? I think it was for LR. Can't remember the name...I think it was MTV...

"The Life and Rhymes of Kanye West"

bomma_man

I hope he's just trolling all of us and when we go to the store shelves to buy it it has fucking amazing artwork.

HOW CAN YOU SELL A CD WITH NO FUCKING BOOKLET OR CD ART?!

Someone is going to think it's a goddamn blank CD.

Mos Def and System of a Down have both done it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lmao @ this custom cover at KTT

I really want to see what people come up with though. You don't need a cover for fan covers to pop up but the cult of Kanye is so huge and generally full of artistic types, I'm curious what will come of this.

Fjordson

What the fuck. Is that actually a dope soul sample in that snippet? In a 2013 Kanye West song? Almost too good to be true.

Man if that was real electrical tape or whatever it'd be pretty cool. I dunno if I like the way he's going with this album though, it seems a little heavy and industrial - but maybe that's just from the quality of the SNL recordings I've listened too :p I do miss happy Kanye, but when he's made changes to his musical style in previous albums he hasn't disappointed (even the autotune phase), so I trust him to do fine.

Top Bottom