• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

Turns out they just played the SNL version on radio, no CDQ.

arrested-development-dont-know-what-expected.gif

Kanye just release something.. we dyin out chea

solarus

you thirstyyyyy
haha everytime there's a new release coming it just reminds me of this

Ktt has been going real nuts lately, lol they did threads pretending it was 04 and college dropout was coming out and they made anticipation threads and a release thread. The thirst is real.

solarus

What does it all mean?

New packaging art without Yeezus on the red tape, red tape looking more off the shelf:

With this below it:

world.gif

Virgil instagram's something similar to the homepage set up. Along with Vine-ing the homepage while adjusting his Mac brightness earlier.

Kanye is cooking up something.

Also Chief Keef says he's on one of the songs on Yeezus.
Clicking on the globe just takes you to the projections, it's nothing special. I liked the look of the red electric tape with yeezus marked on it, now there's nothing to this case lol. Eventually Ye is just gonna sell a blank CD without a godamn case lol.

DominoKid

Ktt has been going real nuts lately, lol they did threads pretending it was 04 and college dropout was coming out and they made anticipation threads and a release thread. The thirst is real.

idk why. i'm a huge Yeezy fan but I'm not fiending for this album. i guess because we don't have to wait all that long for it.

i felt like i was gonna die waiting for MBDTF to leak come out.

solarus

idk why. i'm a huge Yeezy fan but I'm not fiending for this album. i guess because we don't have to wait all that long for it.

i felt like i was gonna die waiting for MBDTF to leak come out.

Both new slaves and black skinhead are great so I'm hyped for Yeezus, it's just strange how he is dropping it out of nowhere, just announcing a release date randomly. With the general public there's no real buzz for this album and most people haven't heard any of the songs, I guess Kanye doesn't give a shit about that this time round.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
New rumoured tracklist:

I would be okay with this. Enough good artists to offset Tyler. Ye squashing the Pusha/Wayne thing on a track doe? And Lupe and Keef?

Makes sense, but someone could've just watched that Chief Keef video and taken the CHIRAQ thing and made a track out of it, and I guess this would also mean Yeezy Season/Onsite is renamed?

Probably fake as fuck but yeah.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
New rumoured tracklist:

I would be okay with this. Enough good artists to offset Tyler. Ye squashing the Pusha/Wayne thing on a track doe? And Lupe and Keef?

Makes sense, but someone could've just watched that Chief Keef video and taken the CHIRAQ thing and made a track out of it, and I guess this would also mean Yeezy Season/Onsite is renamed?

I don't even know why you posted that lol

New rumoured tracklist:

Looks like a mess. Chiraq with Lupe and Keef? I doubt that lol

New rumoured tracklist:

This is probably a joke. Half of the song titles are lyrics we've heard already. Also, a song named Emmet Till? Important historical figure and all, but unless Ye is putting a straight up Lil Wayne dis track on the album I don't see it.

It's like whoever made this tracklist just looked at the SNL performance and a few hip-hop related Pitchfork headlines before coming up with all the names.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Someone asked the person to take a photo of the e-mail and gave this:

Apparently that's Travis' e-mail? IDK but that shit sounds unlikely as is.

This is probably a joke. Half of the song titles are lyrics we've heard already. Also, a song named Emmet Till? Important historical figure and all, but unless Ye is putting a straight up Lil Wayne dis track on the album I don't see it.

It's like whoever made this tracklist just looked at the SNL performance and a few hip-hop related Pitchfork headlines before coming up with all the names.
Nah, it'd have to be a member of KTT considering it has Bound on there as well as CHIRAQ.

Even if Lil Wayne and Pusha made up, or Kanye got Keef and Lupe on the same song, they'd swear to secrecy. And it wouldn't be the first time Kanye threw features on existing songs' final versions either and/or just performed a Ye only version.

WE THIRSTY OUT HERE MY G

i can't see cudi on the album and god damn i hope there isn't that many features.
I think there's a huge chance CuDi is on the album. Hook at least.

EDIT: Counter-evidence, though even this kinda contradicts stuff we know like Frank Ocean on New Slaves.

ant1532

Banned
featuring daft punk? yes fucking please.
apparently they did black skinheads.
huge chance? i mean there's definitely a chance, but you know cudi isn't on good music anymore and rumored of reasons of problems with the label marketing him. i mean i could see kanye putting him on one hook just so he doesn't get salty.

Someone asked the person to take a photo of the e-mail and gave this:

Apparently that's Travis' e-mail? IDK but that shit sounds unlikely as is.

Nah, it'd have to be a member of KTT considering it has Bound on there as well as CHIRAQ.

Even if Lil Wayne and Pusha made up, or Kanye got Keef and Lupe on the same song, they'd swear to secrecy. And it wouldn't be the first time Kanye threw features on existing songs' final versions either and/or just performed a Ye only version.

WE THIRSTY OUT HERE MY G

EDIT: Counter-evidence, though even this kinda contradicts stuff we know like Frank Ocean on New Slaves.

So Travis sent someone an imgur link? In an email? He uploaded the picture to imgur first and then emailed the link to someone.

sus as fuck, or maybe Travis is really dumb. I suppose a case could be made for the latter.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
We should clarify that Daft Punk producing Black Skinhead is pure conjecture.

Just because they were in the studio with Kanye while a loud screaming track was being produced doesn't mean they actually produced it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
huge chance? i mean there's definitely a chance, but you know cudi isn't on good music anymore and rumored of reasons of problems with the label marketing him. i mean i could see kanye putting him on one hook just so he doesn't get salty.
Kanye and CuDi are still cool with each other. Pretty much everything we've heard from him has been that it was amicable. Kanye was supportive cause he wanted CuDi to start his own empire like Ye did and that's what Ye told Jay too.

Kanye still fucks with Common even though Common isn't on G.O.O.D. anymore. Kanye even fucked with Dipset when they were throwing shots at him. He's about the music and he's always been a fan of CuDi. There have been rumblings of CuDi being on ~2 hooks on there already.

EDIT: http://www.kanyewest.com/ giving me database errors too. Maybe the update is real?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
We should clarify that Daft Punk producing Black Skinhead is pure conjecture.

Just because they were in the studio with Kanye while a loud screaming track was being produced doesn't mean they actually produced it.

My memory is foggy but wasn't there a tweet from a writer stating that they conducted an interview with Daft and they said they produced on that song?

ant1532

Banned
Kanye and CuDi are still cool with each other. Pretty much everything we've heard from him has been that it was amicable. Kanye was supportive cause he wanted CuDi to start his own empire like Ye did and that's what Ye told Jay too.

Kanye still fucks with Common even though Common isn't on G.O.O.D. anymore. Kanye even fucked with Dipset when they were throwing shots at him. He's about the music and he's always been a fan of CuDi. There have been rumblings of CuDi being on ~2 hooks on there already.

EDIT: http://www.kanyewest.com/ giving me database errors too. Maybe the update is real?

yeah you're definitely right, i just am hoping for him not being on it maybe since i really don't like cudi (everything after "a kid named cudi" and guests on 808s i don't care for)

kanywest.com is working fine for me though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My memory is foggy but wasn't there a tweet from a writer stating that they conducted an interview with Daft and they said they produced on that song?
Yeah.

Screen+shot+2013-05-19+at+3.38.15+PM.png

It's not pure conjecture when the description of the song fits Black Skinhead like a glove.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I guess not then, but I'll be curious to see if there are any other tracks with live drums. I prefer to believe that the Robots didn't just sample beautiful people.

Lil Wayne and Pusha would not make a song together

Chief Keef and Lupe would not make a song together

if by any chance that tracklist is true, i fucking hope lupe isn't in it and that it's a typo. Lupe is probably the most annoying mother fucker from chicago. I used to respect him until i learned more about his loud mouth.

DominoKid

Lil Wayne and Pusha would not make a song together

Chief Keef and Lupe would not make a song together

if by any chance that tracklist is true, i fucking hope lupe isn't in it and that it's a typo. Lupe is probably the most annoying mother fucker from chicago. I used to respect him until i learned more about his loud mouth.

If Kanye wanted them to they would. But yeah that's fake.

More of the Chicago story from Kanye, good stuff. He did talk about it a bit during Watch the Throne, guess it's making its circles again.

New rumoured tracklist:

Look soooo fake, but I'd take it lol

Top Bottom