• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

GrayGrey

Neo Member
Glad the HMV tracklist is a fake. I spent the whole day trying to imagine what the hell "Colonel Gaddafi" could possibly be about.

Dramos

Wow, this one nice looking OT! I really like the album timeline! As for the album... I don't know what to expect. There are some good rumored collaborations and there are also some bad ones. I want more HOV and less Chief Keef...

StuBurns

Banned
Care to say why? Out of curiosity of course.
Why I haven't liked hip hop or why there's a lone exception?

I honestly don't know. There are things which are staples of the genre that I hate, for example skit tracks. And yeah, MBDTF has the fake phone call, and I do hate that too, but for whatever reason it's not as objectionable as is typical. I don't know, that album just resonated with me very strongly. I like 808s a lot too, but I don't really think of it as hip hop at all.

Why I haven't liked hip hop or why there's a lone exception?

I honestly don't know. There are things which are staples of the genre that I hate, for example skit tracks. And yeah, MBDTF has the fake phone call, and I do hate that too, but for whatever reason it's not as objectionable as is typical. I don't know, that album just resonated with me very strongly. I like 808s a lot too, but I don't really think of it as hip hop at all.

I don't think I ever listened to the LR skits in full, and CD had two skits in a row lol. Definitely glad he ditched the skit tracks starting with Graduation.

If you're referring to Blame Game, at least there was music playing and it wasn't a track on its own. I'm not sure why LitW and Who Will Survive In America were split though.

They're split at a really strange point too. It should be like a minute earlier.

EDIT: 33 seconds earlier actually.

What makes it worse is when I'm listening to the album through Amazon cloud player and there's a second pause in between the tracks =/

I don't think I ever listened to the LR skits in full, and CD had two skits in a row lol. Definitely glad he ditched the skit tracks starting with Graduation.

If you're referring to Blame Game, at least there was music playing and it wasn't a track on its own. I'm not sure why LitW and Who Will Survive In America were split though.

I agree. I always delete the skit tracks from CDs. So unneeded.

Gorillaz

College dropout skit was the funniest shit I've heard in years. Even if he basically said "fuck school" in each one. Shit had me rolling

"and when I die bury me with all my degrees"

solarus

When MBDT first came out I thought it was just good, my hype for it was unreal and most of the album I had heard already through good friday, leaks and the movie, so it didn't hit as hard as it should have. Having let it sink in for a few years now and man MBDTF is amazing, at times I feel it's his second best album, the production is so grand and layered, I understand a lot of people hate this but I feel that the only song that suffered from this was all of the lights. I don't see how the album is sonically a mess, it all works so well.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
1. hype

2. love the skits on cd dont remember the ones on lr.

3. hype

SKINNER!

Banned
"and when I die bury me with all my degrees"

"And now I'm just glad he left me these. Because all the regular homeless people have newspaper, and look what I have!"

Was listening to College Dropout on the way to my graduation ceremony back in 2011 and this part made me laugh. Still cracks me up.

When MBDT first came out I thought it was just good, my hype for it was unreal and most of the album I had heard already through good friday, leaks and the movie, so it didn't hit as hard as it should have. Having let it sink in for a few years now and man MBDTF is amazing, at times I feel it's his second best album, the production is so grand and layered, I understand a lot of people hate this but I feel that the only song that suffered from this was all of the lights. I don't see how the album is sonically a mess, it all works so well.

I am pretty much on board with this. Except I jumped on that hype choo choo after Power, Runaway and Monster had been out for some time. But now I look back on it as one of the best hip-hop albums. It's hard to know when you're in the golden years, in the middle of living through them. Recently a time I've truly recognized how good an album is right as I was listening to it was for Pusha T's mixtape "Fear of God". After the first time through I was like, saying to myself "holy fucking bananas that's going to be on every mp3 player or phone I have for a very very very long time." The replay value on Fear of God is unreal. It surpasses MBDTF for me, but both are greatness.

Oh and for this G.O.O.D fan and Kanye fan, MBDTF is by far his greatest album and I do not expect this to be better. If this was a better collection of music I think he'd be focusing on that by now, not on generating a fucking 12 million horsepower, 2 billion candlepower hype arc. The gimmick nature of the building projections and stuff is a huge turn off for me. If the music itself is that good, I feel he should start putting out a few singles and quit the bullshit. I just want to hear what the fuck is up with I Am A God/Yeezy Season and go from there. A lot of people aren't going to think twice about pirating this thing if he keeps up the "na na na na na na I know something you don't know" shit and just get it the second it pops up on piratebay. Not me, but still. I understand why people are getting irritated.

There's a point where I feel we've just crossed, where the hype is annoying me.

I think I listened to all of the skits once before deleting them, unnecessary break up of the near perfection of CD and LR to a lesser extent. They were kind of funny but I didn't want them there.

ampere

I tend to not delete songs or skits, I just skip them when I'm not in the mood. If they aren't there my brain starts playing it out and it messes with the next song

I don't know either, but if I have my music on shuffle and LitW comes up Who Will Survive in America plays automatically

Ragus

Banned
There is nothing better than Little Jimmy skit right before the best College Dropout song.

Nothing. Pure perfection

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Skits are good if they are separate tracks. Sorry Blame Game, but I'm not down to listen to that skit when I get in the mood to listen to that song proper.

TCD skits are dope though.

The discussion over at KTT is unreal. It makes us sound like we're barely aware the album is even coming out. The level of hype there is NKOTB/1D level teen girl bullshit.

And the guy that listened to the album. What the ever living fuck? How did they give a guy who is barely able to construct a sentence, the opportunity to check it out and report back. The guy sounds like he's barely literate. That preview/review was beyond useless to me.

Top Bottom