• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

The discussion over at KTT is unreal. It makes us sound like we're barely aware the album is even coming out. The level of hype there is NKOTB/1D level teen girl bullshit.

And the guy that listened to the album. What the ever living fuck? How did they give a guy who is barely able to construct a sentence, the opportunity to check it out and report back. The guy sounds like he's barely literate. That preview/review was beyond useless to me.

He was lucky enough to get a AAA pass from one of Kanye's entourage, which got him backstage, where Ye played the in-progress album. But yeah, it is unfortunate that someone with such a poor way with words is KTT's inside source for the album.

solarus

The discussion over at KTT is unreal. It makes us sound like we're barely aware the album is even coming out. The level of hype there is NKOTB/1D level teen girl bullshit.

And the guy that listened to the album. What the ever living fuck? How did they give a guy who is barely able to construct a sentence, the opportunity to check it out and report back. The guy sounds like he's barely literate. That preview/review was beyond useless to me.
To be fair though, this is KTT, even with no album out it's kinda like this. These people would pay a high price for a vial of kanye's sweat.

Using hype on a forum dedicated to kanye west isn't a good barometer for general kanye hype

But I still see this selling well, as good as MBDTF, which was his lowest selling album

solarus

Using hype on a forum dedicated to kanye west isn't a good barometer for general kanye hype

But I still see this selling well, as good as MBDTF, which was his lowest selling album
MBDTF had a lot more promotion and hype before release through good fridays and the runaway movie. I fear even j cole's inevitably middling album is gonna outsell yeezus, he's been getting radio play and power trip was pretty successful.

DominoKid

the hype rating for Yeezus on HasItLeaked is off the charts.

Yeezus - 178
Mac Miller's album - 59
Born Sinner - 38
The Gifted -15

now granted that doesn't mean much, but there's no way Cole is outselling Kanye first week. none at all.
even best case scenario for Cole (400K imo) i cant see him doing better than Yeezus' worst (400K is the low end imo)

solarus

the hype rating for Yeezus on HasItLeaked is off the charts.

Yeezus - 178
Mac Miller's album - 59
Born Sinner - 38
The Gifted -15

now granted that doesn't mean much, but there's no way Cole is outselling Kanye first week. none at all.
even best case scenario for Cole (400K imo) i cant see him doing better than Yeezus' worst (400K is the low end imo)
I dunno man, i don't see people talking about yeezus outside of the internet (some don't even know it's coming out) but j cole has some buzz going. It's gonna be real sad if yeezus gets outsold.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
damnnn at the new slave remix on there. if the album version is the one from SNL I'll happily replace it with that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn no DL link for that?
Hmm.. looks like the uploader just removed it. I was able to download it earlier. I can reup it for you if someone tells me a site that I can anonymously upload to.

EDIT: From the KTT thread it appears he hit the 100 DL SoundCloud limit. Might wanna hover that thread for a reup.

Ashhong

Shit, new Cole album on the same day?

Cole, Yeezus, and Man of Steel within a week????? Going to be a good month.

are you teasing me cause you know it's my least favorite Kanye album by far?

I'm with you on this one. I've never been able to get into Graduation. I really like Flashing Lights and Stronger is a good single, but man... I dunno. It's always been the least interesting album of his in my opinion.

Cole obviously no way outselling kanye but cole has a dedicated fanbase and will sell a respectable amount

All the tracks so far on born dinner been pretty good

cacophony

less than 2 weeks away from a new Kanye album which no CDQ songs have been released

tumblr_m804mflmNG1qjo7rfo1_400.gif

Top Bottom