• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

grkazan12

iICWOhIowxylp.gif

Too excited for this album, a progression of MBDTF you say? Count me in.

Don't know if this is old, but Vevo basically confirmed the suspicion that Black Skinhead is one of the Daft Punk tracks on the album.

iPEZi4HRFRStl.png

Also, can anyone please Red Tape my avatar? Would greatly appreciate it.

the hype rating for Yeezus on HasItLeaked is off the charts.

Yeezus - 178
Mac Miller's album - 59
Born Sinner - 38
The Gifted -15

now granted that doesn't mean much, but there's no way Cole is outselling Kanye first week. none at all.
even best case scenario for Cole (400K imo) i cant see him doing better than Yeezus' worst (400K is the low end imo)

the only people I know checking for Mac Miller are Hispanic chicks that like to get piped by white boys.

solarus

"Buy one Kanye album, and two of mine" - J.Cole
Lol, jay z leaving this kid so thirsty he's going crazy, took a big L for that born sinner tracklist too "let nas down" smh.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lol, jay z leaving this kid so thirsty he's going crazy, took a big L for that born sinner tracklist too "let nas down" smh.
If someone doesn't buy the album because of the track name then that is nignorance in full effect. Cmon son that is some dumb nonsense IMO.

That's just my opinion though.

solarus

If someone doesn't buy the album because of the track name then that is nignorance in full effect. Cmon son that is some dumb nonsense IMO.

That's just my opinion though.
Didn't mention whether I'd buy it or not in that post, but so far none of the singles he's put out has done anything for me power trip was ok, crooked smile is weak and then there was one more which was real bad might have been called "niggas know". The fact he has a track called "let nas down" tells me all i need to know, will youtube/spotify it. His debut was weak but really I think I had my fill of j cole after the warm up which I liked.
EDIT: also I don't see what's so serious about laughing at that track title, out of all the titles he could have thought up he picked "let nas down".

DominoKid

damn Cole is thirsty for that commercial validation. just make a good album first.

God damn I went nutz over recent stuff like New God Flow and Cold but.... euuughhh... I am not feeling New Slaves ...like... at all.

I like me some sparse tracks but I feel like half the song is missing. That beat is just nonexistent to my ears. Where is the bassline?

I hope there are copious remixes of that song. Because as-is, it is a total whiff for me.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Didn't mention whether I'd buy it or not in that post, but so far none of the singles he's put out has done anything for me power trip was ok, crooked smile is weak and then there was one more which was real bad might have been called "niggas know". The fact he has a track called "let nas down" tells me all i need to know, will youtube/spotify it. His debut was weak but really I think I had my fill of j cole after the warm up which I liked.
EDIT: also I don't see what's so serious about laughing at that track title, out of all the titles he could have thought up he picked "let nas down".
Crooked smile is about to be a hit. Think it has serious potential. Great track.

Heel

God damn I went nutz over recent stuff like New God Flow and Cold but.... euuughhh... I am not feeling New Slaves ...like... at all.

I like me some sparse tracks but I feel like half the song is missing. That beat is just nonexistent to my ears. Where is the bassline?

I hope there are copious remixes of that song. Because as-is, it is a total whiff for me.

If anything people will jack the beat for their own 'remixes'

IceCold

iICWOhIowxylp.gif

Too excited for this album, a progression of MBDTF you say? Count me in.

Don't know if this is old, but Vevo basically confirmed the suspicion that Black Skinhead is one of the Daft Punk tracks on the album.

iPEZi4HRFRStl.png

Also, can anyone please Red Tape my avatar? Would greatly appreciate it.

Nice. I wonder if it will be the only Daft Punk beat on the album.

New Slaves has one of the best opening lines I've heard since the beginning of R.A.P. Music, so I'm excited. Love the sparse beat, too. I hope that deep bass segment with the scratching will make it into the studio version, it's the best part of the SNL performance.

Nice. I wonder if it will be the only Daft Punk beat on the album.

I think they said they worked on 2?

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.

You figure the past few Kanye albums the tracks he releases/leaks before the album drops are usually some of the more "commercial" tracks on the album anyways. I don't know anyone who listens to Graduation cuz of Stronger, 808s cuz of Love Lockdown (may be the exception to this, actually) or MBDTF cuz of Power.

Don't get me wrong. New Slaves sounds dope to me, and I love how simple and intense it is. I'm just saying that most Kanye albums aren't really made or broken by that first track leaked.

solarus

New Slaves has one of the best opening lines I've heard since the beginning of R.A.P. Music, so I'm excited. Love the sparse beat, too. I hope that deep bass segment with the scratching will make it into the studio version, it's the best part of the SNL performance.

I bet you this is the other daft punk track, people callin it yeezy season.
http://youtu.be/Axvsgqh19PE

That part and the two lines after are the best lyrics in the whole song.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Did Cole actually say this?

SMH if son. J Cole slowly approaching territory where he's playing himself.

Top Bottom