• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why didn't Kanye want to release this?

love this song, the version I have has a different beat
I think he got super pissed at the version with the fan beat (the one you probably have) leaking. Isn't that what we heard, that he was furious such a personal song leaked?

Leaks actually ruin everything.

Ashhong

Shit, Mama's Boyfriend sounds awesome, and his flow is pretty on point too.

I don't think I ever heard the leaked version, it's better?

J-Roderton

Damn. I've been playing Kanye all day in the studio. Getting ready for this. I listened to Good Morning for the first time. Somehow I skipped a lot of his older stuff. Can't wait for this. Do we know if that's going to be the offcial cd case and everything? That'll determine if I roll physical or not.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
The original Mama's Boyfriend is much better than the fan beat.

God damnit Kanye, I've always wanted to hear that track.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Didn't WTT leak only hours before it dropped on iTunes?

Unless Apple ever fixes their shit, this album will leak digitally through them first. Someone will still transcode it into some shit file format, but it'll leak through itunes first.

also,

13z06yq3xy29.jpg

and I'd pay solid money for this

Hate the cover. Reminds me of the recent Death Grips album, where they had two interesting covers and then.... A dick. Now Kanye who has usually had interesting covers to.... A blank cd. whyyyy

DominoKid

Yeezus would have to be a major let down, the worst album Yeezy's ever made, for Born Sinner to be a better album. I can comfortably say that now.

DominoKid

i know i shouldnt pass judgement like that before Yeezus drops, especially since i'm biased toward Kanye anyway. but i really went into Born Sinner w/ an open mind. by like track 9 i pulled my iTunes up like "Damn this shit is just now halfway over. jeez..." because it felt like he was already running out of shit to say.

Fjordson

i know i shouldnt pass judgement like that before Yeezus drops, especially since i'm biased toward Kanye anyway. but i really went into Born Sinner w/ an open mind. by like track 9 i pulled my iTunes up like "Damn this shit is just now halfway over. jeez..." because it felt like he was already running out of shit to say.
Lol doesn't surprise me. Cole is just boring as fuck.

Now there's a decent chance I'll hate Yeezus also, but at least it won't be sleep-inducing like Cole's discography.

Acorn

So what's "let nas down" like? Cringe inducing?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Let nas down is embarrassing. I'm sure Nasir is embarrassed by it.

It's not that bad

"Let Nas Down" that is. Not sure what the random J Cole hate is about. I thought GAF loved him
He just can't carry an album by himself. In his defense, most rap artists can't though. This is why Kanye albums are riddled with features and over produced beats. If it was just Kanye it'd be understandably boring, like cole. Cole has redundant subject matter, and his beats aren't amazing enough to distract from that. Not only that but he insists on not having any notable features besides on his single songs which unsurprisingly aren't as boring to me.

Acorn

Let nas down is embarrassing. I'm sure Nasir is embarrassed by it.

He just can't carry an album by himself. In his defense, most rap artists can't though. This is why Kanye albums are riddled with features and over produced beats. If it was just Kanye it'd be understandably boring, like cole. Cole has redundant subject matter, and his beats aren't amazing enough to distract from that. Not only that but he insists on not having any notable features besides on his single songs which unsurprisingly aren't as boring to me.
Cole is the perfect example of a good mixtape rapper.

Top Bottom