• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

Dartastic

I haven't been digging much hip hop/rap/whatever lately and I've been waiting for Kanye for a while. However... I'm digging the Macklemore & Ryan Lewis album. Not lying. It's really good. o.o

Ashhong

Let nas down is embarrassing. I'm sure Nasir is embarrassed by it.

He just can't carry an album by himself. In his defense, most rap artists can't though. This is why Kanye albums are riddled with features and over produced beats. If it was just Kanye it'd be understandably boring, like cole. Cole has redundant subject matter, and his beats aren't amazing enough to distract from that. Not only that but he insists on not having any notable features besides on his single songs which unsurprisingly aren't as boring to me.

808s was mostly just Kanye. Not boring at all!

Fjordson

It's not that bad

"Let Nas Down" that is. Not sure what the random J Cole hate is about. I thought GAF loved him
Not even really hate, he's just boring. Nothing offensive about him, but it's hard for me to imagine a scenario where I'd ever listen to him of my own accord.

1sfknrrsz6j.jpg

just replace the CD pic with a vinyl pic

solarus

I'm more hyped for this album than I was for MBDTF, must be the lack of promotion compared to last time- leaves me thirstier. Both black skinhead and new slaves are straight fire.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
of course it's mastered now

but I don't think this will be the only Kanye project that will be released this year

winter.

Kaizer

Banned
I'm more hyped for this album than I was for MBDTF, must be the lack of promotion compared to last time- leaves me thirstier. Both black skinhead and new slaves are straight fire.

Same, pretty hyped that we're this close and have no clue what most of it will sound like. With MBDTF, a good portion of the songs had either leaked or been released in earlier versions on G.O.O.D. Fridays.

Fuckkkkkkkkkk, I remember when Governor's Ball tix were first on sale a few of my friends and I spent a whole day deciding on whether or not to go purely because Kanye would be performing around his birthday and that it would be one of the first times we could hear anything new. I'm still pissed about it hahaha

This album is going to be so fucking amazing. I'm talking twisted fantasy level. I am glad he is not spoiling the album like he did with cruel summer which was nothing short of a disappointment

goodfella

Love how rather than bucking the trend of hard club beats and trap, he is taking it to the extreme.

Why get Young Chop to produce when you can get a real producer like TNGHT (HudMo)?

Trap has evolved a lot since it came into prominence in Hip Hop, this album seems like it has the potential to help rap catch up to some of the amazing electronic production that has happened in the past couple of years.

DominoKid

Love how rather than bucking the trend of hard club beats and trap, he is taking it to the extreme.

Why get Young Chop to produce when you can get a real producer like TNGHT (HudMo)?

Trap has evolved a lot since it came into prominence in Hip Hop, this album seems like it has the potential to help rap catch up to some of the amazing electronic production that has happened in the past couple of years.

lol at "real producer". smh at the pretentiousness and disrespect dripping from this post. you realize they probably collaborated right? Chop doing his drum thing. TNGHT doing their obnoxious synths.

HudMo used to be way better than this anyway.

Top Bottom