• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

It's more like The Knife than Death Grips, honestly.

No chance. You got a source?

No "source," but keep in mind that the next verse after that in the SNL performance was a reference to Inglorious Basterds, a film that got history wrong on purpose. Without that verse there now (I kind of miss it), the 300 line makes a little less sense thematically.

Jitters

No "source," but keep in mind that the next verse after that in the SNL performance was a reference to Inglorious Basterds, a film that got history wrong on purpose. Without that verse there now (I kind of miss it), the 300 line makes a little less sense thematically.

lol on another forum I said this is like if The Knife made a hip hop record.

Mononoke

Banned
Forums say this is Death Grips. Rolling Stone says this is his Kid A/In Utero.

KuGsj.gif

rdrr gnr

I wouldn't refer to IB as getting history "wrong" it was very deliberate. Though mistaking Sparta for Rome (given the loose historical approach of the film) is very common. How many people actually know the word Thermopylae, right?

Dartastic

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2013/06/14/your-2dope-opinion-thoughts-on-kanye-wests-yeezus/

Reading the comments and I'm just like

Kmrhy.gif
Hahahah, those mother fuckers don't know genius when they hear it. This shit is next level. I'm thinking this is my fav Kanye CD, for real.

I wouldn't refer to IB as getting history "wrong" it was very deliberate. Though mistaking Sparta for Rome (given the loose historical approach of the film) is very common. How many people actually know the word Thermopylae, right?

Well sure, I know that IB was deliberately anachronistic. I'm just saying that there used to be a pattern of slightly-off movie references in the song before that last verse got axed.

Kusagari

I can't listen to anything from 20/20 at this point except Strawberry Bubblegum.

The songs are just too long and do nothing to make their run time worth it.

I actually haven't listened to 20/20 all the way through, but I learned to hate Mirrors when my car stereo stopped working and all I had was the radio. GOD DAMN that song gets a lot of airplay.

Fry

I can't listen to anything from 20/20 at this point except Strawberry Bubblegum.

The songs are just too long and do nothing to make their run time worth it.

Mirrors is a modern classic.

Tunnel Vision, Pusher Lover Girl, Let the Groove Get In, That Girl, Blue Ocean Floor... all worth listening until they're over.

Different strokes I guess. But I'll be proud to have these two records on my shelf.

J-Roderton

On Sight- Seriously growing on me each time I hear it
I Am A God- Really digging the lyrics
Black Skinhead and New Slaves - I guess I just really had to hear these not live to appreciate them.

Luckily I have an hour and half drive tomorrow to just blow this out.

Could I get source?

kingocfs

Really? I think that's a stretch. Knife pull way more from like, tribal rhythms and folky asian melodies, their stuff is more subtle. Yeezy and DG are in your fucking face, you can't really dance to it. Maybe On Sight

cjkeats

Listend to it a bunch more today. Still absolutely love it. The sounds are fantastice.
The "Sweet and Sour" line reminds of the sarcophagus line from MBDTF. Love it.

I'm glad Justin Vernon got a spot on this one too, really loved him on the last one.

Bowser

lol I just hopped over to check the reactions on KTT, smh

edit: I think I'm getting dumber reading the comments on KTT and 2DBZ

Top Bottom