• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
The moon is up on the first night of the great feast, I can't help but feel this album coulda been a different beast. It's raw and minimal, 90% lean but damn Yeezus them screams is too clean. I wanted the howls of a man fallin through the earth wakin up realizin kim's about to give birth.

It's a good album, great even. But I feel like there shoulda been a bit more meat on dem bones to satiate the appetite of that three headed dog. The panic bit at the end of I Am A God coulda been somethin else if he put some real force behind them screams instead of a pig squeal and Black Skinhead was much more passionate and fierce live.

I've been driving all day, so I did most of my listening through car speakers. I'm gonna take the time to listen them with headphones now, with focus on the second half.

Cipherr

Don't like this album at all. Only like one track.

Its the first album of his that I haven't really REALLY loved, so I suppose this was overdue. Still sucks for me though. I still have to check out JColes album, I think its out soon or now, maybe that will make up for it.... but its J.Cole, so I doubt it.

Just finished. I liked:

Hold my Liquor
New Slaves
I'm in It
Blood on the Leaves

Unfortunately, I only liked. None of these will be keeping me from sleep tonight. Damn sad...where the Hell are the hooks? The beats? The power? Bah. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Gorillaz

Since I struck out tonight I'm going to take this oppurtunity to relisten to the album with my drunk ass.

only thing that i rocked to last time was bound 2 so many shit will "sink in" like how it has for alot of people

I'm In It.

ibw4gaHSLNexqZ.gif

And then the SOTY comes on next. This shit cray.

PatzCU

Just listened, fucking loved it. I need some time to digest it, but DAMN if the entire album as an experience isn't incredible. Every track keeps things interesting and brings something to the table I've never heard before which is exactly what I expect from Kanye. The obvious comparison here is to MDTBF as I think that's when he kind of broke away from what I'd consider traditional rap/hip-hop, and Yeezus just takes it a step further. Excuse my hyperbole but listening to this is like walking through a damn art museum.

New Slaves
Send It Up
Bound 2
I Am A God
Black Skinhead

Are my standout tracks in that order on first listen, but I'm sure that will change over time. Like many have said here, it’s hard to even pay attention to the lyrics initially because the production is just so in your face. I fucking love the horns in Send It Up.

Mistle

This albums gets even better after a few listens when you can start recognising structure.. haha
I mean it's sad to lose that initial sense of surprise, but otherwise the songs really open up

I really don't wanna burn the album out quick but I can't stop listening D:

I really like all the tracks that Daft Punk supposedly worked on. Seems like they brought a lot to the album.

I know this means nothing, but I thought it was kind of funny that both RAM and Yeezus have a last track that's so different from the rest of the album. all of RAM is this funky disco stuff, and then the last track is just straight synths and drums and it's kickass. Meanwhile Yeezus is angry and electronic the whole way through, but Bound 2 is just this soul sample and ye rapping.

Kabuto

I've already listened to the album three times already and it's still amazing. I didn't like some of the songs the first listen through it, I'm not going to lie. After the second playthrough though, I love every song and how different each one is.

My favorites in no particular order:
On Sight
Send It Up
Black Skinhead
New Slaves
Blood on the Leaves

CloudWolf

Just listened to the album. Very good. The music is great and lyrics are spot-on, most of the time. As both a huge film and ancient history nerd the "I keep it 300 like the Romans"-line annoys me far more than it probably should.

KanyeEast

Banned
Loving the whole album. Listened 4 times and still not bored. Praise almight Yeezus.

edit: I just talked to Jesus
He said 'what up Yeezus?'
I said "Shit I'm chilling
Trying to stack these millions"

Guilt Trip is growing on me.. it was the only song that really didn't sit well (I liked the beat from the get-go) but the song as a whole is starting to come together for me.

TuXx

First 5 tracks are great, but after that the album loses its edge.

My favorite tracks are I'm a god and hold my liquor. Have those two songs on constant repeat.

Courage

I know this means nothing, but I thought it was kind of funny that both RAM and Yeezus have a last track that's so different from the rest of the album. all of RAM is this funky disco stuff, and then the last track is just straight synths and drums and it's kickass. Meanwhile Yeezus is angry and electronic the whole way through, but Bound 2 is just this soul sample and ye rapping.

Damn, true. Contact and Bound 2 are also both awesome.

solarus

No surprise but lol @ chief keef's tweet

Shit Weak As Fuck ✋😕

Obviously about yeezus, of course that ninja aint gon' fuck with this electronic shit, he must be surprised how his recording was used.

Album is still amazing, not sure how many times i've listened to it jnow.

Top Bottom