• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

Purexed

Banned
Not a great initial listen, going to give our a few more runs before my final judgement though. Right now Born Sinner is a cut above Yeezus.

Gorillaz

uh huh honey ruined half of the song especially when it came out of nowhere over charlie wilson's lyrics

you know I'm telling the truth Gaf

K.Sabot

Just put it on.

The opening is very Death Grips.

I look forward to the Flatlander/Zach Hill x Kanye collabos in the future.

K.Sabot

Hold my liquor is an awful song.

Well the beginning was at least. You put Bon Iver on the track and then you ruin it with autotuned Chief Keef.

About the Death Grips comparisons? When people first made them, I think that I was expecting Yeezus to be as raw as them.

It is a way more watered down experience than Death Grips, imo. Not a bad thing at all.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hold my liquor is an awful song.

Well the beginning was at least. You put Bon Iver on the track and then you ruin it with autotuned Chief Keef.
Bon Iver and Chief Keef singing together and one or the other in other parts is like the best part about that song by far.

Rur0ni

I'm enjoying this. Not particularly fond of the Daft Punk songs, at least initially. But it's really aggressive with a great beat.

2nd half > 1st half.

Went ham on my bike yesterday on the commute from work when black skinhead came on. It's not a good bike though and the chain popped out.
¯_(ツ)_/¯

J-Rock

Banned
I actually enjoy all of the music on the album but most of the lyrics feel empty and do nothing for me. Fun album to listen to overall.

I really like the rapping on the album and the overall moodiness of the album, but I don't like the production. I think he went overboard with minimalism. And my god; Kanye's auto-tuned singing. The agony...the horror...

No surprise but lol @ chief keef's tweet

Shit Weak As Fuck ✋😕

Obviously about yeezus, of course that ninja aint gon' fuck with this electronic shit, he must be surprised how his recording was used.

Album is still amazing, not sure how many times i've listened to it jnow.
could be about the fact it leaked

Onemic

This album is too good. Insta classic. There's no song that I don't think is fire. Originally I was put off by Hold My Liquor, but after a few listens I really dig it. And the more experimental first half of the album keeps getting better as I replay it.

top 3 Yeezy album easy.

EDIT: Wonder what they're gonna name the daughter now

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Drums on New Slaves sound a lot like Beautiful People by Manson, even more so on the SNL version.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Listened to this while working out. No skips. Really loving it even more after repeated listens.

Album is full of energy.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hold my liquor has really grown on me.

Justin Vernon can bless any track. I'm glad him and kanye are still collabing.

Top Bottom