• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

Divius

image.php

Smeghead

Has the release been pushed back or what?

Listened through it once last night, gonna wait till the album drops for my next listen.

Holy shit at that sample halfway through On Sight. Ye really doesn't give a fuck.

Disappointing there's no deluxe edition, could have easily done with 2 or 3 extra songs.

IceCold

Has the release been pushed back or what?

Listened through it once last night, gonna wait till the album drops for my next listen.

Holy shit at that sample halfway through On Sight. Ye really doesn't give a fuck.

Disappointing there's no deluxe edition, could have easily done with 2 or 3 extra songs.

It wouldn't make any sense for this album to have a deluxe edition.

StuBurns

Banned
It's a very nice length. It doesn't seem all that short at all, most albums I listen to are in the forty to fifty minute range.

Kurdel

Banned
Black Skinhead on SNL was by far a better cersion of the song.

Keeping the escalting drums throughout the chorus was better.

Replacing the "Just close your eyes and enjoy the crash" lyric with "I would have been blacked out on your ass" makes it way less awesome.

And the whole Hitler theater thing was hilarious. Seeing he took it out means he probably thought the movie was the real events though, which makes the removal super akward.

The end of New Slaves is incredible.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Much preferred the snl black skinhead, new slaves was good and loved hold my liquor. The rest didnt suit me at all.

Black Skinhead on SNL was by far a better cersion of the song.

Keeping the escalting drums throughout the chorus was better.

Replacing the "Just close your eyes and enjoy the crash" lyric with "I would have been blacked out on your ass" makes it way less awesome.

And the whole Hitler theater thing was hilarious. Seeing he took it out means he probably thought the movie was the real events though, which makes the removal super akward.

The end of New Slaves is incredible.

I feel the same. His screams on the studio version sound weak too

GQman2121

Banned
On Sight is a great opening track for the entire album. I think if you're not feeling that track you probably won't like the album in general.

Black skinhead could be a Marilyn Manson song. It's that badass.

Mistle

I'd love for him to let loose in the studio more. I wonder why he doesn't? It must be deliberate but I've no idea why.

Agreed the SNL lyrics were much better also (no way they were changed because he thought I.B. was real though). Black Skinhead is an amazing song and it's a shame to see the studio version not reach its potential.

Mononoke

Banned
I expected that to happen. Kanyes studio endeavors are always more tamer than live.

I prefer Runaway and Power in studio compared to his live renditions. Black Skinhead sounds a lot more tamer than his SNL version. Same with I Am a God. Since this album goes for the more aggressive/abrasive sound, it's disappointing .

CloudWolf

This shit is like a Saul Williams record, lyrics by dead prez

yikes

3 mics, at best. 2.5 of those mics because of the sample work.

I have no problem at all with this sounding a bit like Saul Williams. I love Saul Williams, NiggyTardust is one of my favorite hip hop records of the last decade.

Listened to it twice yesterday while driving, this albums great when you have the volume turnt up but like around the half way point I started feeling like this album had a lot of connections with 808s and I started to listen to it differently. Really enjoyable!

I LOVE this album.. just turn the speakers all the way up.

The only thing I would've done is moved skinhead to number 8, for differentiating the monotony.

Bound 2 doesn't really belong on the album either.

It's disappointing that this album is so short, but I give it a 10 wubs/10 wubs.

I LOVE this album.. just turn the speakers all the way up.

The only thing I would've done is moved skinhead to number 8, for differentiating the monotony.

Bound 2 doesn't really belong on the album either.

It's disappointing that this album is so short, but I give it a 10 wubs/10 wubs.

Yeah I really like the album but I feel the first half of the album is much stronger than the second which is a weakness

Kurdel

Banned
I'd love for him to let loose in the studio more. I wonder why he doesn't? It must be deliberate but I've no idea why.

Agreed the SNL lyrics were much better also (no way they were changed because he thought I.B. was real though). Black Skinhead is an amazing song and it's a shame to see the studio version not reach its potential.

I honestly believe that the SNL version is on the same level as Power and Niggas in Paris. It grabs you by the balls and doesn't let you breathe. More I listen to the studio version, the more I am dissapointed.

I never, ever, download rips of songs and put it on my iPhone, but I think I will seek out a good version of that SNL performance...

"He'll give us what we need
It may not be what we want"

Absolutely love that change up halfway through On Sight. Glad they went through the trouble of rerecording it.

Top Bottom