• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

Wynnebeck

Banned
Going back and listening to it again and it's still hot garbage. This time though, I'm mad as hell about Blood on the Leaves. I heard the sample play the first time and went ham thinking this nigga was about to spit some Mos Def type stuff over it. Gotcha! More bullshit. Billy deserves better than this. :(

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Going back and listening to it again and it's still hot garbage. This time though, I'm mad as hell about Blood on the Leaves. I heard the sample play the first time and went ham thinking this nigga was about to spit some Mos Def type stuff over it. Gotcha! More bullshit. Billy deserves better than this. :(
That was Nina Simone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ktsU01lfzLU#t=44s

The billie holiday version sounds much different.

Edit: at least i am pretty sure it's the nina simone voice. Someone might be able to prove me wrong.

Wait, people hate this record?

I'm digging it a lot. I can't imagine another pop artist of his stature going this far off the deep end without going through a complete stylistic makeover.

Besides Guilt trip, which I like for sampling Blocka, yeah it's garbage to me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What's his obsession with using dancehall singers all of a sudden...
The thing about this that gets me is Ye just killed Pusha's next project which's production was supposed to be chock full of patios, which is all over the theme of Pusha's album.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They had hints of the Jamacia music stuff since Cruel Summer.
Yeah, and IIRC it was Kanye who added the sample to Mercy when all the producers came together. I'm just saying Pusha has got even greater expectations now. I like both uses of the Blocka sample though, Blocka was probably the toughest beat all last year.

I also really like the sample on Blood on the Leaves too. Kanye has used it before for a song he produced for Cassidy though (Celebrate ft. John Legend; which is also a dope song).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Where is this rumor coming from.
It's already been deaded. Malik Yusuf said there is no deluxe or bonus tracks.

Give it up folks. Plus they wouldn't have shipped regular early and deluxe later, especially when trying for no leaks. There is no deluxe.

MThanded

It's already been deaded. Malik Yusuf said there is no deluxe or bonus tracks.

Give it up folks.
Yeah it would be extremely inconsistent with the intentional minimalism of the marketing and package.

We would have had a deluxe leak as enzo said.

DominoKid

The thing about this that gets me is Ye just killed Pusha's next project which's production was supposed to be chock full of patios, which is all over the theme of Pusha's album.

i'm still not convinced Pusha's album will ever come out. although Yeezy does seem determined to put him on. This despite the fact that Pusha has no shot at attaining the commercial success he so desperately craves.

Yeah, and IIRC it was Kanye who added the sample to Mercy when all the producers came together. I'm just saying Pusha has got even greater expectations now. I like both uses of the Blocka sample though, Blocka was probably the toughest beat all last year.

I also really like the sample on Blood on the Leaves too. Kanye has used it before for a song he produced for Cassidy though (Celebrate ft. John Legend; which is also a dope song).

Dat Young Chop though love how they used the hook for Guilty Trip but I see what your saying Pusha's last mixtape had it alot of it as well I just hope his project is dope Numbers on the boards is my shit.

i'm still not convinced Pusha's album will ever come out. although Yeezy does seem determined to put him on. This despite the fact that Pusha has no shot at attaining the commercial success he so desperately craves.

Yeah he's got the most popping rap artists on GOOD for his new single and it still aint really popping but I still think its coming out maybe not July though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wait did pusha get canned again? I thought we were surely getting his album soon?
Both Big Sean and Pusha were slated to hit around now and then Yeezy said nope. Now they're fucked and need new singles. And they can't even drop early July now because of Jay.

amnesiac

Yeah it would be extremely inconsistent with the intentional minimalism of the marketing and package.

We would have had a deluxe leak as enzo said.

I don't know the ad in Best Buy says it will include 14 tracks so maybe an exclusive version? The ad uses the original album art leak (foil statue thing). There are also copies of the album floating around with yellow tape, so I'm not sure what's up with that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't know the ad in Best Buy says it will include 14 tracks so maybe an exclusive version? The ad uses the original album art leak (foil statue thing). There are also copies of the album floating around with yellow tape, so I'm not sure what's up with that.
The ad is old and now according to KTT, BestBuy might not even be carrying Yeezus at all.

Makes me worried, was gonna cop it from there too.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Anyone have Spotify? Is this gonna be on there tomorrow? Thinking of renewing my account so I can out it in my phone...

Might just wait and do the iTunes thing.

MThanded

old ad.

MThanded

qF7KqWA.gif

Brinbe

Managed to upload pics I took from Sunday's Yeezus projection shit.

2Wg1wTk.jpg

va5EXzQ.jpg

Someone had the physical, yellow tape.

ukZSucJ.jpg

GAGldhf.jpg

j5CMgRl.jpg

Setting the video up.

p2rpnG0.jpg

OuC7l74.jpg

UQ9npnb.jpg

American Psycho, dude gets merked

5BBMBNu.jpg

cYAH4is.jpg

jzETuXo.jpg

qdfcNei.jpg

n1hFmMX.jpg

iCavIkE.jpg

New Slaves and reminder, cop that Yeezus tomorrow!

cacophony

yeah so this album is really average. I kind of wish he didn't rush it because it could be incredible if he developed the ideas more and maybe added 2 more tracks, or turned the New Slaves outro into a full song.

IMO the songs either don't expand on ideas enough (Onsite, I Am A God) or are drawn out (Blood/Guilt Trip) and others just feel unfinished (Bound). It's almost like I'm listening to the version before the final like the leaked MBDTF tracks.

Black Skinhead, I'm In It & Send it Up are definitely the best written songs. Love how I'm In It has so many ideas and they work well and progress but it isn't messy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Cool pictures Brinbe. So we still don't know what the yellow tape distinction is huh?

Also OP updated with proper credits courtesy of cacophony and Spotify link. Broke the formatting but meh.

Top Bottom