• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Someone said the iTunes version of I Am A God is different? Can anyone confirm?

yeah so this album is really average. I kind of wish he didn't rush it because it could be incredible if he developed the ideas more and maybe added 2 more tracks, or turned the New Slaves outro into a full song.

IMO the songs either don't expand on ideas enough (Onsite, I Am A God) or are drawn out (Blood/Guilt Trip) and others just feel unfinished (Bound). It's almost like I'm listening to the version before the final like the leaked MBDTF tracks.

Black Skinhead, I'm In It & Send it Up are definitely the best written songs. Love how I'm In It has so many ideas and they work well and progress but it isn't messy.

i don't agree with this but i do agree that he should have fleshed out the new slaves outro, that shit was beautiful and would have been the best track on the album.

the first 4 are great for me though, they sound raw and have that sound that people were speculating about.

hold my liquor is my favorite track on here but I'm in it is definitely doing the most. and unlike AOTL it does it all so well and doesn't sound like a mess imo

Oozer3993

Dre3001

Itunes version is much better quality than the leak

Kanye's voice is louder it seems

Bass also sounds more clean on every song.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Itunes version is much better quality than the leak

Kanye's voice is louder it seems

Bass also sounds more clean on every song.
Better than the FLAC or the first leak?

People saying on KTT that it's actually better quality than the FLAC, I need some GAF audiophiles to back that claim up.

joe2187

Banned
Wow this is a legit awful album.

It's trying way to hard to be dark and edgy, It doesnt help that he delves way to much in the 808's material and that was pretty damn awful back then.

It kind of makes me nauseous to listen to.

It's trying way to hard to be dark and edgy, It doesnt help that he delves way to much in the 808's material and that was pretty damn awful back then.

tumblr_inline_mm1ofbfImP1qz4rgp.gif

Soler

Banned

Wat
theres like one song that sounds like it should be on 808's and it would be misplaced there anyway

Mistle

Yep the US iTunes version definitely sounds better to me! The vocals and bass on Black Skinhead seem better, and the screams in the hook have more impact. Awesome! You can determine if you have this version because "for my theme song" is said by somebody else :eek:

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yep the US iTunes version definitely sounds better to me! The vocals and bass on Black Skinhead seem better, and the screams in the hook have more impact. Awesome! You can determine if you have this version because "for my theme song" is said by somebody else :eek:
So i should grab the amazon cd get auto cd rip and get both version.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
From what I gather from KTT, the differences in the iTunes version:

Black Skinhead - louder screaming, first line has Kanye's vocals removed
I Am a God - "Y'all better quit playing with god" -cut out background noise
New Slaves - Outro remastered (Ye's bit especially clearer)
Hold My Liquor - lossless master on iTunes
I'm In It - Slightly changed volume of samples like at 0:37 seconds and 0:44 seconds.

Also apparently bassline is better and reports of most of the songs being generally better mastered. People saying it sounds crisper than the FLAC. Also is apparently better than the Kanyewest.com version.

Looks like iTunes is the way to go.

MThanded

I'm In It - Slightly changed volume of samples like at 0:37 seconds and 0:44 seconds.

Also apparently bassline is better and reports of most of the songs being generally better mastered. People saying it sounds crisper than the FLAC. Also is apparently better than the Kanyewest.com version.

Eff this noise. I'm getting a physical. No way i'm buying twice unless a vinyl comes.

Wonder if the amazon version aligns with the itunes version or it's the cd version too.

Bowser

Eff this noise. I'm getting a physical. No way i'm buying twice unless a vinyl comes.

Wonder if the amazon version aligns with the itunes version or it's the cd version too.

I bought the iTunes version and I'm probably gonna buy the physical but never open it and tear the beautiful red tape/plastic.

IT'LL BE WORTH MILLIONS IN 20 YEARS

MThanded

I bought the iTunes version and I'm probably gonna buy the physical but never open it and tear the beautiful red tape/plastic.

IT'LL BE WORTH MILLIONS IN 20 YEARS
I have an unopened 808s and heartbreak limited edition vinyl

jiJRZDm.png

Ballin

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Well I'm only buying physical, I just know which one is going to sit in my phone and my computer.

Dumb question, never been that great at noticing audio. Is the physical CD going to be same quality as iTunes?
It's different, but these are minuscule differences I listed above. The leak quality is the retail quality, and it still sounds great.

Just like CS, they had extra time to master so the iTunes sounds better/is more finished than the CDs which were pushed out early.

Kabuto

Send It Up - During 1:28-1:32 of the iTunes version, the background noise is cut out as well

Mistle

There's also a beat break on Send It Up at 1:29. Sounds so good when the beat comes back it.

US iTunes version is definitely the way to go. More up to date mastering it seems.

Fjordson

iTunes version definitely sounds a little cleaner than the leak to me.

Only problem with this album for me is the autotune, Kid Cudi and I'm In It. Everything else I like.

cory64

Do the other digital stores like Amazon and Google have the iTunes version or the kanyewest.com version?

Edit: They definitely have the "quit playin with god" change

MThanded

Tempted to grab the iTunes version, but I want a physical copy.
Yeah it's pretty obnoxious that the digital version is different. Sad time we live in where the damn pressed CD is not the fully mastered album.

Nothing is sacred.

MThanded

Yeezus on Amazon has autorip. Seems like the best way to go. You get the digital changes and you get a physical CD for 9.99

Also you get a 1 dollar mp3 credit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Listening to the iTunes version now and I can immediately notice the difference. Kanye is louder and clearer on On Sight. Kinda clearer on the entire album.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Stupid Spotify won't let me play any of this shit yet. Says it's not set for release in the States yet.

UGHHHH. I should just quit being a cheap bitch and buy the iTunes album.

MThanded

So the amazon version definitely has the quit playing with god cutout.

Amazon got dat new version. I win.

Top Bottom