• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Currently streaming the amazon autorip version. Shit is super clear.

Will download and replace later.

Vocals sound like they are clearer all around.

MThanded

I think the best thing about the pitchfork 9.5 is how many people will be bitching and complaining that it is wrong. Thank you PF.

I agree. Love the album.

Had no doubts that the hipsters over at PF would love it too.

Soler

Banned
I have an unopened 808s and heartbreak limited edition vinyl

jiJRZDm.png

Ballin
Doesn't that fuck it up?

Soler

Banned
Most of my vinyls are in a frame so the warping is limited by the glass pressing the front and the carboard backing.

I'm on it. lol
As long as it s kept cool it should be safe actually
It usually warps if the wrap shrinks and strangles the vinyl

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fuck Pitchfork.

I'm awaiting someone's Kanye rankings lining up with that though. I'm one of the few that puts MBDTF first and I still can't rock with that nonsense.

DominoKid

Fuck Pitchfork.

I'm awaiting someone's Kanye rankings lining up with that though. I'm one of the few that puts MBDTF first and I still can't rock with that nonsense.

actually that's my exact ranking funny enough. even down to the LR=Yeezus Pitchfork biting my style mang.

MThanded

LR > CD > MBDTF > Yeezus > 808s> Graduation

This is probably where I fit right now. its hard for me to make a distinction because I love all of the albums.

The differences are minimal to me. 808s got a lot of play from me.

Fuck Pitchfork.

actually that's my exact ranking funny enough. even down to the LR=Yeezus Pitchfork biting my style mang.

I'm actually having a hard time giving Yeezus a ranking. Top three for sure.

1. MBDTF
2. LR/Yeezus(?)
4. CD
5. Graduation/808's(?)

'YE CYCLE CONTINUES

Quick

Banned
Black Skinhead, now that I'm listening to the album version for the first time, sounds a lot better than his SNL performance.

amnesiac

As long as it s kept cool it should be safe actually
It usually warps if the wrap shrinks and strangles the vinyl

This is usually only an issue for really old records (60s/70s). I've opened some sealed records from the 80s that look and sound fine.

Blearth

Banned
Yeezus = MBDTF > LR > CD > Grad > 808s

It's impossible to choose between MBDTF and Yeezus.

Yeezus has higher highs, but MBDTF is more consistent.

DominoKid

MBDTF > Late Registration = Yeezus > Graduation (> WTT) > Dropout > 808s (> Cruel Summer) > most other people's best albums.

quoting my rankings from a few days ago.

even P4K's WTT and CS rankings fit perfectly w/ mine O_O. this is too funny. should i apply for a job w/ them?

i'm actually curious what they'd score Dropout at if they had the opportunity to redo it.

Fjordson

I am the same way

Really surprising how low people are placing it

For me its

Grad
MBDTF
Yeezus
CD
808s
LR
Grad isn't bad in my opinion. Way better than his recent trash and it has some great production.

I think it also has some awful songs, though, so it's sort of a middle of the road album to me. Below CD and LR, but way above 808's, MBDTF, WTT, CS, etc.

Fjordson

"I Wonder" from Grad is one of my favourite Kanye songs for some reason. I feel like it's underrated - http://youtu.be/jQwd9dxZTn0

Just love the beat. And the vocal sample is dope.

And Flashing Lights is another one of my favourites. Driving around in GTA IV listening to that was great.

Top Bottom