• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

Graduation is also my least favorite album. I would honestly listen to CS over it.

808s and Heartbreak is criminally underrated though. I hated it when it first came out but listening to it now is really... soothing.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I think it also has some awful songs, though, so it's sort of a middle of the road album to me. Below CD and LR, but way above 808's, MBDTF, WTT, CS, etc.
I agree. Recent Kanye is pretty terrible. Grad was like the beginning of the end as far as good Kanye albums went.

Fjordson

I agree. Recent Kanye is pretty terrible. Grad was like the beginning of the end as far as good Kanye albums went.
I agree, though I do think Yeezus redeems him a bit. The production is really interesting and other than one or two songs makes for a nice album overall.

I just hope that he someday goes back to crafting albums mostly on his own. Whatever sound he goes for, I feel like the quality of his music has gone down as more and more co-producers have come on board. Yeezus is an exception to that for me, but who knows if he can keep that up.

DominoKid

I agree, though I do think Yeezus redeems him a bit. The production is really interesting and other than one or two songs makes for a nice album overall.

I just hope that he someday goes back to crafting albums mostly on his own. Whatever sound he goes for, I feel like the quality of his music has gone down as more and more co-producers have come on board. Yeezus is an exception to that for me, but who knows if he can keep that up.

even Dickie V approves
oQoztbk.png

imagine him saying it lol

You can download Yeezus from Kanye's site? Hmm wonder if it's the same version as Itunes. Actually I wonder if Amazon version is the same as Itunes as well

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Amazon digital yeezus: 9.99
Amazon Physical yeezus: 9.99 + comes with free digital + 1 dollar off amazon mp3 purchase

Wut?

Edit:
I also have prime though so it ships for free. I guess its not the same for some of you plebes.

noquarter

Amazon digital yeezus: 9.99
Amazon Physical yeezus: 9.99 + comes with free digital + 1 dollar off amazon mp3 purchase

Wut?

Edit:
I also have prime though so it ships for free. I guess its not the same for some of you plebes.
There are some albums on there that are cheaper for the CD and come with the auto rip version. I think at one point Good Kid/MADD City was a couple bucks less for the CD then just the MP3 Album. Crazy ass Amazon.

Also think some of you are crazy shitting all over Graduation, so much better than CS or WTT. Also better than 808's.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
There are some albums on there that are cheaper for the CD and come with the auto rip version. I think at one point Good Kid/MADD City was a couple bucks less for the CD then just the MP3 Album. Crazy ass Amazon.

Also think some of you are crazy shitting all over Graduation, so much better than CS or WTT. Also better than 808's.
hell no. Now you have gone too far.

I like graduation. It aint better than 808s.

solarus

Yeezus currently 3rd on uk charts and born sinner is 1st. This lack of marketing plan thing is gonna backfire on him, should put blood on the leaves out as a single and smoke j cole.

DominoKid

Yeezus currently 3rd on uk charts and born sinner is 1st. This lack of marketing plan thing is gonna backfire on him, should put blood on the leaves out as a single and smoke j cole.

It hasn't even been a day

non issue. Mac and Cole had preorders. Yeezus didnt. that's the difference in the numbers. Yeezus should catch up.

also
Update 2- Both mac and cole's albums have about 2000 ratings in a longer pre-order span. Kanyes has close to 3k in only 4 hours. That means ye is going at a wayyy faster pace than them. But still needs to catch up to preorders.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the main lesson this album provides is that the universe requires a Daft Punk / The Knife collaboration.

I'm not sure I believe this "iTunes/Amazon version sounds better" business. Sounds like pure placebo, unless someone has some in-depth spectrograms to back it up.

I guess he did pull it with CS, but still.

DominoKid

I'm not sure I believe this "iTunes/Amazon version sounds better" business. Sounds like pure placebo, unless someone has some in-depth spectrograms to back it up.

I guess he did pull it with CS, but still.

no the US iTunes definitely sounds better as a whole. just finished listening to it. there's also minor differences too, like in Send It Up the beat drops out behind the Prince line.

http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=477899.0
1. ON SIGHT - Sounds smoother and polished, sample break sounds better, less grainy and coarse than leak.

2. BLK SKN HEAD - Lupe/Cyhi says first line then Ye comes in, screams are more pronounced, sounds crisper.

3. I AM A GOD - More polished, little detail noises more noticeable, "y'all better quit playing with god" goes acappella in I Am a God.

4. NEW SLAVES - Seems to hit harder, outro sounds cleaned up and more CDQ-esque.

5. HOLD MY LIQUOR - WAAYYYYYY more polished IMO, sex to my ears 9bh.

6. I'M IN IT - more polished, clearer, crisper.

7. BLOOD ON THE LEAVES - more polished, clearer, crisper, and ending sounds more emotional with cleaned up mixing.

8. GUILT TRIP - noticeably more polished, doesn't sound as wonky at parts - especially the beginning, his voice is better mixed into the beat, and the ending with the orchestration is even better, the little detail futuristic sounds pop better too.

9. SEND IT UP - the prince line is now without the beat - makes it more dramatic, more polished and crisper.

10. BOUND - polished, clearer, crisper, sample sounds better, and charlie wilson's vocals sound piercingly clear - very moving ****.

Top Bottom