• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - The Life of Pablo |OT2| I miss the OT1 Kanye.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Gimme an epic 9 minute video for FSMH with Desiigner & Cudi

Desiigner did say they were working on a video..

If he wants to make something super epic: ULB
If he wants to ride the controversy wave: Famous
If he wants a radio jam: Waves or NMPILA
If he wants to make something super artsy: FML or Real Friends

Have a feeling it's going to be something left field like Freestyle 4, though.

Well, there was the rumor he'd be shooting the video at Yucatan's Aztec pyramids, does that fit super epic?

I'm down for a 30 Hours vid. Freestyle 4 could be a prelude or interlude in another video...Facts video with the Charlie Heat beat could go hard too.

Koozek

So, uhm, what about that "final version" of TLOP? Or has that plan been put aside now that the next album is being worked on?

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".

Ran rp

wut

Pt.2 is one of the most personal verses Ye has ever had.

The verse being personal doesn't make the lyrics great. They work perfectly fine here but are you really suggesting the writing here is strong enough for something not as frantic as Pt. 2?

I told, I told, ay ay, I told you
Up in the morning, miss you bad
Sorry I ain't called you back
Same problem my father had
All his time, all he had, all he had
In what he dreamed
All his cash, market crashed
Hurt him bad, people get divorced for that
Drops some stacks pops is good
Momma pass in Hollywood
If you ask, lost my soul
Driving fast, lost control
Off the road, jaw was broke
'Member we all was broke
'Member I'm coming back
I'll be taking all the stacks

If Ye wrote this verse for something as slow as Low Lights people would probably rank it among the worst of the album lol. It's part of the reason why the asshole line sticks out so much.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
PSY・S;197019905 said:
The verse being personal doesn't make the lyrics great. They work perfectly fine here but are you really suggesting the writing here is strong enough for something not as frantic as Pt. 2?

If Ye wrote this verse for something as slow as Low Lights people would probably rank it among the worst of the album lol. It's part of the reason why the asshole line sticks out so much.
Why are you judging the verse outside of the context of the song? That makes no sense, and is straight up unfair. Why don't we just compare how Illmatic verses would be if they were on Swishahouse records? Or hell, even on Pt.2? Because they'd be garbage and received as garbage upon first listen. That verse was written for that song, not some other song.

The franticness of the verse is what makes it so great. Dude is cataloging all the misgivings and hurdles he's had in life, and the verse has urgency, rhythm and escalates to catharsis. All while being insightful and introspective. I'm not sure what's missing that is essential to having a great verse.

Ran rp

Why are you judging the verse outside of the context of the song? That makes no sense, and is straight up unfair. Why don't we just compare how Illmatic verses would be if they were on Swishahouse records? Or hell, even on Pt.2? Because they'd be garbage and received as garbage upon first listen. That verse was written for that song, not some other song.

The franticness of the verse is what makes it so great. Dude is cataloging all the misgivings and hurdles he's had in life, and the verse has urgency, rhythm and escalates to catharsis. All while being insightful and introspective. I'm not sure what's missing that is essential to having a great verse.

I'm not saying it's a bad verse at all. It's one of my favorite on the album. I still think it's Ye's delivery and not the writing that makes it shine.

Draper

And she grabbin' on my dick like

She wanna see if it'll fit right

That's just the wave!

...yeah

He also repeats his lines a whole lot in this album.

Sounds like a guy who is creatively bankrupt or just stopped giving a shit.

Skittles

FSMH would be god-tier if he just fucking removed that dumb asshole line. I still really like the song...but oh man that line certainly brings down the enjoyment

Kaizer

Banned
New Ye Tweet Alert - @KanyeWest: Finally!!! Our guy!!! We're so so happy for Leo!!!

Yeezus showing love for DiCaprio's long sought Oscar win.

FZZ

Banned
New Ye Tweet Alert - @KanyeWest: Finally!!! Our guy!!! We're so so happy for Leo!!!

Yeezus showing love for DiCaprio's long sought Oscar win.

Xkwrgqx.png

YOOO?! YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?!!!!! WHEN DID I GET A TAG! FAM! WE EAT TOGETHER ON THIS!

RAAAHHH

I'd like to thank the academy, my mama, Yeezus.

Me and my homies just out here looking for a happy beginning, middle, and ending!

Top Bottom