• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - The Life of Pablo |OT2| I miss the OT1 Kanye.

HQ Sia is just earsex on this track. Count me as another one who doesn't mind the swallow/unfollow/sandwich parts. But it is annoying how that part gets stuck in my head after I hear the song and loops over and over. lol...

Also, this is most likely just me, but the vocal chanting/hymn (not sure what the correct term for that style of singing is) throughout the song is sooo good. That's my favorite thing about Wolves. It reminds me of Darius Gaiden/G Darius soundtracks which have a similar vocal thing on certain tracks.

EloNoolah

The Life of Pablo Ver. 1.0.3
- Further improvements to overall album stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the listener experience

EloNoolah

I know it's always been Kanye's "thing" to tinker with albums right up until the release date (and even beyond, as we've seen with the differences between the CD and iTunes versions of Cruel Summer and Yeezus), but this whole concept of an "ever-evolving" album really rubs me the wrong way.

It's cool that Ye can "patch" the album and fix little production/mastering mistakes and even add entire features to songs, but I feel like it sets this really ugly precedent that as long as your album resembles a finished product you can release it as is and then give listeners a "final" version later on.

Maybe even more upsetting is the fact that he's doing the remaster piece by piece, which makes you wonder how long a wait it'll be until we see the FINAL final TLOP, or if the versions of Wolves and Famous we just got will be replaced by even more improved versions later on. If this is what the future of album releases looks like I'm not sure if I want to stay on this train.

nib95

Banned
Is there a list of all changes anywhere?

Side note, I prefer my own cut of Wolves tbh. The way Sia cuts in, in this new version is way too abrupt. He also repeats that swallow line one too many times.

SKINNER!

Banned
Ugh, dat corny "Don't fooooooooool yourself" part. I'm sticking to my version of the original version with Sia's part spliced in.

ghostjoke

Banned
Is there a list of all changes anywhere?

Side note, I prefer my own cut of Wolves tbh. The way Sia cuts in, in this new version is way too abrupt. He also repeats that swallow line one too many times.

From a certain website that I definitely am not using to try and keep up with this clutserfuck.

2016.03.13 Release:
"Famous":
1:23-1:25 and 1:49-1:51 are changed
"She in school to be a real estate agent/last month I helped her with the car payments" and the transition to the bam bam breakdown is changed.
1:01 - 1:17 is also different. Sounds like Nina Simone's vocals are layered under Rihanna's. Rihanna's vocals in general have a lot more reverb. Not as ear piercingly loud as she was before.

2016.03.15 Release:
"Wolves":
- OG Leak: Kanye Singing (Steel Drums) > Vic > Kanye Bridge > Sia > Inst. Outro (v1)
- 2015.02.14: Kanye Singing > Inst. Bridge > Kanye Rap > Inst. Outro (v2) > Frank's verse
- 2015.03.16: Kanye Singing (Steel Drums) > Vic > Sia > Kanye Rap (re-recorded with Adlibs) > Inst. Outro (v2) > Frank's Track

"Frank's Track":
- Frank's verse from Wolves split into its own track

General Notes:
- other songs remastered?

nib95

Banned
From a certain website that I definitely am not using to try and keep up with this clutserfuck.

2016.03.13 Release:
"Famous":
1:23-1:25 and 1:49-1:51 are changed
"She in school to be a real estate agent/last month I helped her with the car payments" and the transition to the bam bam breakdown is changed.
1:01 - 1:17 is also different. Sounds like Nina Simone's vocals are layered under Rihanna's. Rihanna's vocals in general have a lot more reverb. Not as ear piercingly loud as she was before.

2016.03.15 Release:
"Wolves":
- OG Leak: Kanye Singing (Steel Drums) > Vic > Kanye Bridge > Sia > Inst. Outro (v1)
- 2015.02.14: Kanye Singing > Inst. Bridge > Kanye Rap > Inst. Outro (v2) > Frank's verse
- 2015.03.16: Kanye Singing (Steel Drums) > Vic > Sia > Kanye Rap (re-recorded with Adlibs) > Inst. Outro (v2) > Frank's Track

"Frank's Track":
- Frank's verse from Wolves split into its own track

General Notes:
- other songs remastered?

Awesome. Cheers.

Just got an email from Tidal saying they have extended my free trial. It was sent to the first email I used when TLOP first came out on there.

Lnw6tJU.jpg

PatzCU

New Wolves is great. My Tidal sub ended and they emailed me letting me know they've extended my Tidal sub another 14 days so I could listen to the new Wolves. They trying sooooooo hard.

Ultimately I'll just suffer without TLOP until Kanye releases it on iTunes

Mortemis

Banned
lmao, tidal just extended my trial for another 30 days. Okay.

Bumping new wolves, better than the last but still lacking imo. Wolves will forever be that song with potential yet may not reach it.

breakfuss

Tidal out here feeding the hungry.

lol. I actually feel pretty bad for them. They're trying so hard to keep people from flocking. And tbh my experience hadn't been bad...I like the UI and the sound quality I find superior to Spotify...but I really enjoy the social aspect the latter offers. Plus it's on PS4. Tidal does have Prince however...a glaring omission from Spotify's catalog.

Ashhong

I guess the placement of Sia is a bit abrupt. It could be better, BUT, it's not terrible. If we didn't hear so many other versions first and have so many fan edits, this version would be just fine.

watershed

Banned
I'm still haven't listened to this album because I want a singe, final release of the whole thing, not this WIP, piecemeal music. My hype is definitely gone at this point.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm still haven't listened to this album because I want a singe, final release of the whole thing, not this WIP, piecemeal music. My hype is definitely gone at this point.

When you choose to do so, I still suggest people's first experience with this album be the MSG listening session.

Ashhong

It's not like he's taking out stuff people already liked. Everyone wanted Wolves to be fixed, he fixed it.

His change on famous was a little random. Even though I don't understand the parade line, I liked how it sounded.

It must have really been bothering him for it to be the first thing he changed.

Dany

Banned
The beat change at the end of Famous is ...worse now? I mean i prefer the old one, it's slightly different but enough for me to take notice now.

Zekes!

so how's everyone feeling about the album now that's "been out" a month?

the intro to Father Stretch My Hands starts suddenly starts playing in my head still and I haven't even listened to it in a minute

Robot Pants

so how's everyone feeling about the album now that's been out a month?

the intro to Father Stretch My Hands starts suddenly starts playing in my head still and I haven't even listened to it in a minute
Feels really unfinished to me still (lol) songs are kinda all over the place. I like the first three and Real Friends the best, the rest are kinda eh. Don't really grab me

Ashhong

The beat change at the end of Famous is ...worse now? I mean i prefer the old one, it's slightly different but enough for me to take notice now.

There's a slight transition to the beat change. Before it just came out of nowhere. I didn't like it at first but it's fine now

Top Bottom