• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - The Life of Pablo |OT2| I miss the OT1 Kanye.

jkanownik

so how's everyone feeling about the album now that's "been out" a month?

the intro to Father Stretch My Hands starts suddenly starts playing in my head still and I haven't even listened to it in a minute

It is way too overproduced. You could take one or two parts out of every song and make a better version. There are some great highs, but there isn't a single song that stands out as an all time great. They are all flawed in some way.

the intro to Father Stretch My Hands starts suddenly starts playing in my head still and I haven't even listened to it in a minute

I still think it's my favorite of his but the other day I learned that pt. 2 is just him rapping over desiigners track that's kinda lame.. It's a great song tho

SKINNER!

Banned
So this new patch actually made some songs worse? Fuck.

Down to personal preference really. The new patch hasn't RUINED anything. It's just some folk preferred the older versions while others prefer the new. It's still - more or less - the same songs.

solarus

Relistening to the new wolves again without expectations and honestly its perfect, this is my favourite version now, even the ye verse doesn't bother me. Felt like the transition to sia initially was abrupt since I was used to OG but it works, makes the song tighter too, I prefer the structure of the fixed wolves.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Blueprint is also gone from Google Music. Though I'm not sure they were ever there in the first place. I've never checked since I have them in my giant cd book from back in the day.

Ashhong

Relistening to the new wolves again without expectations and honestly its perfect, this is my favourite version now, even the ye verse doesn't bother me. Felt like the transition to sia initially was abrupt since I was used to OG but it works, makes the song tighter too, I prefer the structure of the fixed wolves.

I feel the same. It's a shame that we heard the OG versions. It really affects people's opinions on the final version

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Obsessed with it for a week or so, then burned out on it. The new Wolves still doesn't quite work for me either.

Still think Ye is insanely talented and creative and remain a fan, but I'm not sure I'm gonna listen to this to death like I've done with Yeezus, Graduation and Dark Fantasy.

The sound of it feels a bit off too, although that could just be that I like my drums to reverberate around my head.

Ran rp

He always has corny shit. All I'm saying is if we never heard the other edits, we would love this final edit.

no, get the corny niggas/bitches lines out of the song. they would ruin the song for me whether there was only one edit or not.

speak for yourself.

PSY・S;198537635 said:
no, get the corny niggas/bitches lines out of the song. they would ruin the song for me whether there was only one edit or not.

speak for yourself.

Line wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't half the damn song over and over.

Ashhong

PSY・S;198537635 said:

speak for yourself.

You ok over there? Chill out

Bacon

Considering doing the hour and a half train ride into the city for this. Damnit ye why do you have to make me do dumb shit for your music

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Haven't heard the new Famous, but getting rid of that beat switch would make it so much less special. What isn't broke doesn't need to be fixed.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

i really think that shirt is ugly as shit.

s-l1600.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The beat switch is still there, the transition into it is just different.
I meant that transition specifically, sorry. It was perfect, though I should really listen to the new one to judge.

i really think that shirt is ugly as shit.
Yeah, the merch game for the album has been pretty poor.

I need those tees and sweaters with the new Yeezus logo to be available publicly somewhere tho

SeroTyler

First one to talk gets to stay on the aircraft!
You guys are mad over exaggerating the new Famous beat drop. It's barely any different at all.

Also my Pablo shirt shipped!

Top Bottom