• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - The Life of Pablo |OT2| I miss the OT1 Kanye.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
FZZpure
I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016-???

image.php

Relistening to the new wolves again without expectations and honestly its perfect, this is my favourite version now, even the ye verse doesn't bother me. Felt like the transition to sia initially was abrupt since I was used to OG but it works, makes the song tighter too, I prefer the structure of the fixed wolves.

Exactly, you're spot on about the song being tighter.

j-wood

So, how's this L feel everyone? Sucks real bad. No e-mail from SEE. Nothing on other services.

We're never getting this album. I'm e-mailing for a refund.

The line for this shop isn't that bad. But considering I'm spending the next three hours in it, it makes sense it's relatively short now.

Some guy at the front yelled he was in the line since 7:30 last night.

The line for this shop isn't that bad. But considering I'm spending the next three hours in it, it makes sense it's relatively short now.

Some guy at the front yelled he was in the line since 7:30 last night.

I never understood waiting in line like that. Since 7:30 the night before? Christ.

No non-essential good is important enough to wait 24 hours in line for

Kaladin

Catvoca

Banned
So it's officially the 19th where I am now. Still no album. Fuck whoever said the 18th for the last few weeks, you lied to me man. I don't even have a Tidal trial anymore. Everything's gone to shit. I miss the old Kanye right now.

Ashhong

So it's officially the 19th where I am now. Still no album. Fuck whoever said the 18th for the last few weeks, you lied to me man. I don't even have a Tidal trial anymore. Everything's gone to shit. I miss the old Kanye right now.

LMAO

Why did people think anything was happening today?

Cause fzzpure has been saying it will be based on an old tweet. He needs a new tag for this giant L

Owari

Never cancelled Tidal. Rocking out to Waves and Wolves all day. He said it's never coming out, guys. Don't let Ls happen to you.

Catvoca

Banned
Never cancelled Tidal. Rocking out to Waves and Wolves all day. He said it's never coming out, guys. Don't let Ls happen to you.

Guess i'll never hear it again so, because i'm not signing back up to Tidal. I don't even wanna re-download the app. Tidal is one Waaavvvveee that I wish would diiiiiiieeee.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
People really fell for the "March 18th" garbage? Haven't you Learned?

Ye's on his own schedule now

FZZ

Banned
No one man should have this many L's

I've failed you GAF.

I still won't officially give up until March is over tho. On spring break now so I got plenty of time.

In the meantime, what about the NX tho? ;)

Any indication of what's going to be there? Or pics?

Well, I don't have any pics now that it's all over and I didn't really check the thread after a certain point. But it was pretty bad. I waited 6 and a half hours to get in to the shop which was pretty small as far as things go. The line literally stretched down the block and the police had to cordon off the entire block, so no one was going in or out. This is the Maps view of the place, and the line went up to Spring Street on one side, and then went all the way down to Broome on the other. It was insanity.

Merch wise, it was pretty much the stuff from the Yeezy Season 3 event at MSG. They had red and blue variants of the Ultra Light Beams t-shirt, with long-sleeves, and in hoodie form, which were $45, $65, and $95 respectively. They had a really cool denim jacket with all the signatures on the notepad, but that was $400. There's the pricing below.

Cd25cBbWoAAsgL3.jpg

Kanye didn't show, but a couple other Donda guys did. A lot of the streetwear experts at the place recognized a couple of them. I ended up buying an ULB tee in blue because it was dope and I am a broke college student, but people were fucking hauling shit out with 3-4 plastic bags at a time. This one guy who was in front of me in line bought like $560 worth of stuff when his bank account at $550. The inside of the store was the same #DONDA style minimalism you'd expect; interiors largely white, one rack each on opposing walls with either the red or blue stuff, and a separate cove for the jean jackets, with some pictures of areas in strife projected up on screen with some music playing through a sound system.

Kanye must have learned from the previous stock issues because even though people were hauling out merch, the shop still had enough supply when I got in. It was nuts and I at least got the experience of the whole highly anticipated clothing drop, but I'm never doing this again.

And yes, the Season 2 magazine is $200. It was huge though, and printed on pretty good paper, but fuck that pricing.

Owari

Well, I don't have any pics now that it's all over and I didn't really check the thread after a certain point. But it was pretty bad. I waited 6 and a half hours to get in to the shop which was pretty small as far as things go. The line literally stretched down the block and the police had to cordon off the entire block, so no one was going in or out. This is the Maps view of the place, and the line went up to Spring Street on one side, and then went all the way down to Broome on the other. It was insanity.

Merch wise, it was pretty much the stuff from the Yeezy Season 3 event at MSG. They had red and blue variants of the Ultra Light Beams t-shirt, with long-sleeves, and in hoodie form, which were $45, $65, and $95 respectively. They had a really cool denim jacket with all the signatures on the notepad, but that was $400. There's the pricing below.

Cd25cBbWoAAsgL3.jpg

Kanye didn't show, but a couple other Donda guys did. A lot of the streetwear experts at the place recognized a couple of them. I ended up buying an ULB tee in blue because it was dope and I am a broke college student, but people were fucking hauling shit out with 3-4 plastic bags at a time. This one guy who was in front of me in line bought like $560 worth of stuff when his bank account at $550. The inside of the store was the same #DONDA style minimalism you'd expect; interiors largely white, one rack each on opposing walls with either the red or blue stuff, and a separate cove for the jean jackets, with some pictures of areas in strife projected up on screen with some music playing through a sound system.

Kanye must have learned from the previous stock issues because even though people were hauling out merch, the shop still had enough supply when I got in. It was nuts and I at least got the experience of the whole highly anticipated clothing drop, but I'm never doing this again.

And yes, the Season 2 magazine is $200. It was huge though, and printed on pretty good paper, but fuck that pricing.
Thanks for posting the image. I want that dang beanie. Fingers crossed for an LA pop up.

joe2187

Banned
Wait, where? New York or LA?

Los Angeles.

My brother was camping out in his RV to grab a pair with his cousins.

He doesnt even listen or even like Kanyes music, my cousins were just paying him to use his RV to stand in line.

TMZ and a few other media places interviewed him about standing in line for the shoes.

So today one of Kanye's PR guys called him up for an interview to grab a pair of autographed Yeezys.

Ashhong

Cd25cBbWoAAsgL3.jpg

6.5 hours? fuck me.

Los Angeles.

My brother was camping out in his RV to grab a pair with his cousins.

He doesnt even listen or even like Kanyes music, my cousins were just paying him to use his RV to stand in line.

TMZ and a few other media places interviewed him about standing in line for the shoes.

So today one of Kanye's PR guys called him up for an interview to grab a pair of autographed Yeezys.

FUCK ME. I didn't even know more yeezys came out

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I need to contact Tidal, I only get 29 out of the 30 day free trial, before they took out money for it. I normally wouldn't complain...but I did HiFi $25 for the lolz, and I could have really used that money on gas instead. On the other hand, I get to to listen to TLOP and Formation...this blows.

Assanova

So Tidal sent me an email extending my subscription and saying that there was a new track. The new track is just the last part of wolves that got cut to make room for Sia and Vic?

Top Bottom