• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - The Life of Pablo |OT2| I miss the OT1 Kanye.

Ashhong

Man, I love Kanye and all but my hype is gone. Come on man. At least update your fans, that's all I care about. Setup a fucking pop up shop but not even talk about the album. I appreciate the fixed wolves, now just tell us if this is the final version of the album or if you're still on it

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
The first half of the album is much stronger than the second. Shouldve stuck with the original track listing

I see the album as having two delimiters.

First is "I Love Kanye". Everything before that feels like "Here are some dope tracks I made, listen to em". After that, it seems like it transitions to a 4 song block where they're meant to build to a finish and actually mesh together. FML and Real Friends are great, new Wolves is pretty good, and Waves is -bad-.

Everything past Silver Surfer really is just "bonus track" type stuff. I like all of the bonus tracks, but they don't have anything particular that makes them really stand out like a lot of Kanye's best stuff. I like the bonus songs and I'm glad he included them, but I don't consider them part of the core album.

Bacon

I wish he went for the fml-real friends-wolves vibe throughout the entire album. That is easily the strongest block of tracks for me.

The first half of the album is much stronger than the second. Shouldve stuck with the original track listing

If you listen to "Waves" track listing without the fluff it is much more cohesive.

Famous
FSMH
Pt2
Waves
Highlights
30 Hours
NMPILA
Fade
FML
Real Friends
Wolves
Ultralight Beam

The album starting with Famous and ending with ULB has a much more redemptive vibe to it than what the official as of now TLOP is.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I still haven't gotten my digital download for preordering. Guess it's time to get a refund.

Also I have to say my hype has declined greatly. Hard for me to admit it but it's true.

Still haven't even sent my hoodie.

SMH

Catvoca

Banned
Tired of this whole process in general, TBH. The marketing is past it's prime.

I'm tired of waiting for TLOP, I've pretty much accepted the album for what it is and i'm fine with it. Hopefully he puts it out properly but at this point i'm struggling to care.

At the same time, i'm not sure I'll ever get tired of Kanye's twitter, or this thread lol

edit: HE REPRESENTS THE DREAMERS

I like to think him saying he's here to make life better is him referencing one of his GOAT tracks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBqTK8TLl3k

Edit 2: He literally tweeted "I have a dream".Twitter really is the new home for public rallies lol. Todd Barry's response is gold. https://twitter.com/toddbarry/status/712425336940699649

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
yea the hype is 6 feet deep. ye fucked this one up.

i haven't read his 40 some tweets yet.

Ran rp

he isn't saying anything new honestly

except that he made a million from the pop-up, i guess.

oh, and

hqdefault.jpg

Catvoca

Banned
PSY・S;198949158 said:
he isn't saying anything new honestly

except that he made a million from the pop-up, i guess.

But did you know he doesn't like suit jackets?
/s
. He was just trying to tweet his usual inspirational "believe in yourself" type stuff, I thought it was alright, if a bit corny. Who knows, maybe some kid reads it and makes something of themselves

I'm tired of waiting for TLOP, I've pretty much accepted the album for what it is and i'm fine with it. Hopefully he puts it out properly but at this point i'm struggling to care.

At the same time, i'm not sure I'll ever get tired of Kanye's twitter, or this thread lol

edit: HE REPRESENTS THE DREAMERS

I like to think him saying he's here to make life better is him referencing one of his GOAT tracks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBqTK8TLl3k

Edit 2: He literally tweeted "I have a dream".Twitter really is the new home for public rallies lol. Todd Barry's response is gold. https://twitter.com/toddbarry/status/712425336940699649

Yeah I don't even care about the album releasing anymore. I just need that Saint Pablo CDQ.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Hudson real talk stfu. Your pissy attitude on Twitter is going to ensure you see no money from ANY artist at this rate.

If you're a ghost producer/ghost writer what good does it do you when everyone knows you're just going to run your mouth on Twitter? No business ethic at all. Just fade into obscurity with your weak ass rants no one cares about.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hudson real talk stfu. Your pissy attitude on Twitter is going to ensure you see no money from ANY artist at this rate.

If you're a ghost producer/ghost writer what good does it do you when everyone knows you're just going to run your mouth on Twitter? No business ethic at all. Just fade into obscurity with your weak ass rants no one cares about.
Seriously. All this twitter fingers shit with nothing to show looks lame as fuck.

Koozek

Seriously. All this twitter fingers shit with nothing to show looks lame as fuck.

He didn't sign up to be a ghost-producer, though. They didn't credit him accordingly on every song.

EDIT: Also the "If young Metro don't trust you..."-tag makes it sound like he's the main producer.

Top Bottom