• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - The Life of Pablo |OT2| I miss the OT1 Kanye.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
$20 bucks next single is either Waves or Fade.

Waves, would be good as a single if it is reworked with some actual verses from Kanye and the first verse completely re-done. FML could be a decent single if reworked to remove the ending, and give The Weekend a bridge. Wolves could have been a good single, but there's too many variations of it that I am not even sure which they should put.

Truant

Okay maybe I'm LTTP on this but....

Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1
Famous
Feedback
Freestyle 4
FML
Frank's Track
Facts
Fade

EIGHT TRACKS THAT START WITH THE LETTER F.

That's insane. It's basically half the album. WHAT DOES IT MEAN????
probably nothing

I promise I'm not drunk, just sleepy

F8

FATE

I never thought i would say this but all this BS (including thread) seems really silly at this point.

Is this shit ever coming out on iTunes?Spotify? (Pay for spotify and won't join TIDAL just for Mr. West) Not a good enough reason.

This album keeps getting reworked or a song is gonna be fixed blah blah blah.

I say this because they are not memorable kanye songs. They are actually forgettable.

The album sucks and i consider myself a fan of Kanye west music.

Songs are like 2 mins long each and i expect all the kanye stans to hate on me.

I do not think kanye knows what the hell he is even doing at this point in terms of direction.

just my opinion

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Thread has been silly for a while.

I do like the album though. Kanye albums have always been about production and beat selection for me and not lyrical content. I agree that the tracks are not long enough almost all of them could use another 2 minutes.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So are they gonna give me my money back for the preorder. Real talk.

I don't want a refund. I'd like an actual album though.

Hm, Tidal event tomorrow, huh? What's the over/under that Tidal just releases TLOP for free for a small window of time, Luke how they did with Rihanna?

solarus

I gave yeezus a break when tlop came out since it was new shit, had been bumping it literally almost daily since release before that, but coming back to it again now and looooord the gulf in quality is just huge, yeezus is still light years ahead of TLOP. The production is still out fucking standing, and it's still ye's most re-playable album by far, such a cohesive and lean album, and despite what a lot of people say I think the bars and writing is better too. There's no song on TLOP that reaches the heights of hold my liquor, black skinhead, blood on the leaves etc (and yes famous, ULB and fml are great tracks i know). I've listened to TLOP countless times now and I still think it's his worst album in his discog, it's still a good album but it didn't blow me away like his other albums did. I feel the main album itself, outside of the bonus tracks, needs better writing, and it needs more tracks because the run from ULB to wolves is just not satisfying as a project, the lack of a fleshed consistent theme probably adds to this, I wish it was more of a gospel album than ye says it is.

ItIsOkBro

Heard one of my co-workers bumping Famous

Was going up to him to strike up a convo about TLoP

Then I heard an ad and realized he was listening to the radio

Walked away in absolute disgust

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Friend of mine today

"Yo, Famous by Kanye is fire"

Welcome to a month ago, Kanye really fucked himself by staying loyal to Jay.

Oh, I want my money back for that album too.

Omg, it's happening isn't it?!
Z8hbhna.gif

Dabanton

One of the biggest musical L's of the year was keeping this shit exclusive to Tidal.

The buzz this album had and it's all fizzled, maybe the person who suggested this is like a mixtape and Kanye will release another album later this year was right.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
One of the biggest musical L's of the year was keeping this shit exclusive to Tidal.

The buzz this album had and it's all fizzled, maybe the person who suggested this is like a mixtape and Kanye will release another album later this year was right.

idk 250 mil streams on tidal (in 10 days) of all things doesn't sound like a fizzle. am preparing my F5 key for tour tickets.

sephi22

"She be Puerto Rican day parade wavin" on my version.
"She be trying to become a real estate agent" on Spotify

EDIT: Okay, this is old. I haven't listened to that shit on Tidal in ages.

/L

Top Bottom