• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - The Life of Pablo |OT2| I miss the OT1 Kanye.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
http://mashable.com/2016/03/30/kanye-west-life-pablo-tidal-apple-streaming/#zyjYrMTuJaqH

A86.jpg
Where is my preorder doe

Honestly Yeezy.

Fade turned into a "Drive fast on a country road at night" song to "I gotta drive slow in front of Walmart because of the crossing old ladies"

Shneebs

Neo Member
Oh come on, I literally JUST downloaded the newer version from the link Tidal emailed me, and now it's already outdated again?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My impressions:

New vocals on Highlights are good, kind of indifferent since all I really want is a finished OG version at this point.

Indifferent about beat change on Freestyle 4.

Kind of liked FML cleaner as it was in the initial release, TBH.

Chance's "No One Can Judge" is unecessary on ULB and makes the song worse. I don't know if it's just how much we've listened to the original already but shit sounds so out of place.

Feedback's beat transition loses all the impact that made it good, but it is also slightly more sinister now.

New vocals are FSMH are cool. Again, kind of indifferent about it because the song sounded good as is.

Line change on Famous is insignificant, but changing shit so insignificant is just annoying. The beat change is less impactful, feels too scratchy.

---

Overall, IDK what Kanye is doing. Most of these changes are unnecessary and not necessarily for the better, often worse. I think I'm good with my versions for the original release.

Catvoca

Banned

Fuck this. Burn it all down, I never wanted TLOP anyway. He just ruined the second best track on the album. I'll stick to the OG. I can't even listen to this shitty version because fuck Tidal.

Edit: I actually can't get over how bad it sounds. Those drums are like the sort of drums someone who's making their very first beat would use. Like they get a kick-ass sample and throw some awful default drums from whatever free program they're using over it.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
i like all of the changes except for Feedback of course

everything sounds way clearer too

Bowlie

Banned
This is really the never-ending album I thought it was back at first launch date. Since I still have my tidal subscription, I'll listen to it there again.

Ashhong

Never cared for Feedback so that's whatever.

I like the rest of the changes, everything is much cleaner and more "final" sounding

Ashhong

Is the clipping in ULB gone or is it just me? The choir sounds much cleaner

nevermind, the their final lines have some clipping. COME ON KANYE

FSMH part 1 is much better with those little added vocals. Reminds me of Dark Fantasy

Everything sounds better

But Fade got violently beaten in a corner and left for dead

Damn it

Just let me buy your album, ye
On a CD if you please

Top Bottom