• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - The Life of Pablo |OT2| I miss the OT1 Kanye.

Hip Hop

LMAO

thumpathumpaton

btw this is from the snippet PBY posted earlier, it leaked

Apparently it's a Lil Uzi demo though, so Kanye made it for him
This leak makes no sense.

Why can't Uzi come up with his own shit, his stuff takes zero effort to make, and why is Kanye of all people working FOR Uzi?

Lol it's hilarious

Catvoca

Banned
What the fuck right now????

Top tracks havent really changed since msg.
ULB, FSMH, famous, freestyle 4, FML are my top 5 in no order, although I could rank them.

Honestly, not counting silver surfer and lowlights, Freestyle 4 is my least favourite. Top 5 would probably be ULB, FSMH, Waves, Famous, FML. OG Feedback is better then some of those too, for me. I like pretty much every track though.

FZZ

Banned
Lol apparently Kanye changed the album again today

Or the ktt user is just trying to be funny

Edit: And according to other users, nothing changed.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
So everyone agrees freestyle 4 is the best song right? Cool.

It could have been but he ruined it by trying to juxtapose the beat change after Desiigner's part.

If they made a fade remix who y'all like to see rapping on it ? That song reminds thriller for some reason.

Fixed or changed?

The latest change definitely made it seem desynched as a whole. How does that even happen smh i miss the old Kanye

Fixed is more like it. It was re-synched.
But the album I paid for has it de-synched. I contacted the help service to know whether the album download would always be the latest version or not, and if there will be any way people who paid for the album will get to update it without buying it again and again.

Robot Pants

Why does Kanye have such trouble staying on beat lately?
Wolves, 30 hours, Saint Pablo.
Is this is new "thing"?

Is he fulfilling his Late prophecy?

solarus

Brehs what is this, tidal feedback is the new version, when i listen to it on spotify its the older version (and yes I'm streaming, not playing from my library).

solarus

And the feedback spotify thing is weird because fsmh pt 1 is still the newer version. Like it has a mix of the old and new versions of songs, since feedback is the older version lmao. Guess I'll keep listening on my tidal trial instead.

Catvoca

Banned
If you're having trouble with the spotify versions, make sure any old versions you had manually put on spotify are deleted. All the spotify tracks should be the newest versions (dunno about 30 hours post changes yesterday though). Feedback, Wolves etc. are all the newest versions for me.

solarus

Top 15 on Apple Music completely dominated by TLOP. even #6 is Panda by Desiigner lol

God level. It's always yeezy season. If he actually manages to drop turbografx 16 in summer/latter half of the year he's gonna run the whole year, I'm not confident about the third album happening though lol.

Reckoner

God level. It's always yeezy season. If he actually manages to drop turbografx 16 in summer/latter half of the year he's gonna run the whole year, I'm not confident about the third album happening though lol.

Third one will be a Christmas one with Christmas in Harlem in it.

Catvoca

Banned
Listening to this playlist of songs TLoP sampled is sort of bumming me out. Hearing "Human" by "Goldfrapp" and the whole intro is basically pulled from that song.

https://play.google.com/music/liste...-p7PrWXNiAe7JjybkD-FRxouMk84pulQeHh4vJ4JpPw==

That is such a dope loop.

Holy shit, that song is dope. My favourite part of Freestyle 4 was already that sample lol.

I feel like Kanye always did this sort of thing, I'm not really surprised. I mean Touch the Sky was just a slightly slowed down version of a very famous sample and it worked tremendously. Same with Stronger. I don't remember where I read it but I remember someone writing that other artists try and obfuscate or hide the samples they use while Kanye just revels in them, saying like "yeah I used this sample but I've still made it completely my own". I gotta admit that FSMH part 2 is so blatant it's crazy though.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Holy shit, that song is dope. My favourite part of Freestyle 4 was already that sample lol.

I feel like Kanye always did this sort of thing, I'm not really surprised. I mean Touch the Sky was just a slightly slowed down version of a very famous sample and it worked tremendously. Same with Stronger. I don't remember where I read it but I remember someone writing that other artists try and obfuscate or hide the samples they use while Kanye just revels in them, saying like "yeah I used this sample but I've still made it completely my own". I gotta admit that FSMH part 2 is so blatant it's crazy though.
Honestly I don't think that much thought goes into it lol

Catvoca

Banned
Honestly I don't think that much thought goes into it lol

I don't think so either, I just think he hears something and goes "I want that" like with Panda haha. But it's still something to think about. And like all art, what the artist's intent is and what they actually produce are totally different, even if it's a little weird with Kanye.

entremet

Finally got to listen to since it's finally on Spotify. Really impressed. Nice rebound after Yeezus.

I didn't hate Yeezus, but it's definitely his weakest album. It's funny because I hear a lot of the similar experimentation from Yeezus here. It's almost as Yeezus was a warm up to TLOP.

watershed

Banned
Ok, so I see Life of Pablo on google play music. Am I to understand that this album is now complete? No more tinkering? I can listen to it whole now?

Ok, so I see Life of Pablo on google play music. Am I to understand that this album is now complete? No more tinkering? I can listen to it whole now?

“In the months to come, Kanye will release new updates, new versions and new iterations of the album,” calling it a “continuous process.”

There will be more tinkering, but yes, the album is out. Think of it like an online game that gets patches and balance updates. February release being the 1.00 console exclusive, and the April release being the 1.10 multiplatform release.

Foshy

“In the months to come, Kanye will release new updates, new versions and new iterations of the album,” calling it a “continuous process.”

There will be more tinkering, but yes, the album is out. Think of it like an online game that gets patches and balance updates. February release being the 1.00 console exclusive, and the April release being the 1.10 multiplatform release.
MSG stream: open beta
february release: early access for tidal subs
april release: 1.00

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Don't like new Fade anywhere near as much as the last one. Rest is fine, either negligible or better.
Pretty much, the first edition of Fade goes so hard, I prefer it, even if the base in the new one is stronger. It just feels neutered now after listening to the first edition for so long.

After all of the changes, I think the only songs that benefit from it are FSMH, Freestyle 4, and Wolves (not counting mastering as a change). The rest are unchanged or slightly worse (but not enough for it to matter too much). Two exceptions: Feedback and Fade are a real bummer.

Edit: Just for fun favorite tracks are FSMH, Pt2, FML, ULB, Freestyle 4.

Top Bottom